All reviewspaul metromarais districtmusee carnavaletgreat locationst paularound the cornerpicasso museumcroissantsplace stbaguettecorner roomthe ground floorrue de rivolisingle roombreakfast roompompidou centretiny lift
Reviewed March 11, 2005

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights in February 2005. A pleasant small hotel in a quiet side street right in the heart of the Marais, next to the Place De Vosges, 100m from St Paul Metro, numerous good quality restaurants and bars 2 minutes walk away and plenty of small independant shops and boutiques for my wife to browse through! OK some of the rooms can be small but they are what you pay for in a 2* Paris hotel. We were on the attic floor - room 60. Cosy and comfortable. Don't let your expectations be too high. Comfortable - not grand, friendly staff - not subservient, Perfect location. Will certainly stay again. This is a judgement based on staying in at least 4 other similarly priced hotels in Paris over the last few years.

11  Thank Paul750
information7, Responsable réception at Hotel Jeanne d'Arc, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Dear Customer,

We thank you for your comment on your stay and we hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again on your next trip to Paris because since your last visit we have made many renovations.

Reviewed March 10, 2005

After reading all the contradictory reviews of this hotel, I wanted to weigh in. The location is absolutely perfect. I prefer staying in the Marais, but it can be noisy, so this small street off a pedestrian square really can't be topped. The public rooms of the hotel, while certainly not luxurious, are pleasant and cheerful. My room (a two-bedded room for two people) was disappointing. It needed a paint job, the drapes and bedspread were really cheesy, as was the furniture, and the carpet seemed grimy. The bathroom was minimal, and the water temp fluctuated making showers dangerous. The overall effect was a bit depressing. As my stay continued, I was less bothered by all this, and I must say that the small bill at the end of my stay felt like a bonus. But I still have fond memories of the week I spent at the nearby Hotel de la Bretonnerie, which felt like a cozy welcoming home. It is on a noisier street and it is about 45 euros more a night, but I think next time I might opt for it rather than the Jeanne d'Arc.

• Stayed: March 2005
20  Thank Connector20568

Dear Customer,

We are sorry to hear that you have not enjoyed your stay with us and we are sorry. We invite you to come back because since your visit we have done a lot of renovations.

Reviewed February 2, 2005

Our room was less than what we've come to expect of Paris two-star hotels. The bed was extremely uncomfortable; it was noisy some nights (which is surprising, given that rue de Jarente is such a small street); and the wallpaper was peeling off in places. We asked for a better room but were told they were fully booked.
It was particularly disappointing to us, as we had reserved many months in advance, specifying that this was our honeymoon and were willing to pay extra for their nicest room.
However, we have friends who stayed there another time. They also were dissatisfied with their room and asked for a better one. They were given one that was apparently vastly superior: larger, better furnished, and quieter because it opened on an interior courtyard.

7  Thank Freedom35292

Reviewed January 9, 2005

Stayed 4 nights in January 2005 and was satisfied with nearly everyting. Location very good, good service. Clean and cheap.
The shower was a bit small in my room ( a single) and the breakfast is not what I call a breakfast but otherwise a very recommondable hotel!

1  Thank Voyage20060

Reviewed November 28, 2004

I was looking for a good, basic and clean hotel in Paris for a reasonable cost. A tall order I know... but I knew that I would be spending very little time in the hotel and that a good location was key. The Jeanne d'Arc exceeded my expectations. I had a clean room with plenty of towels -- the room size and bathroom size was more than adequate. It was basic, but the location was fantastic! Paris is a large city, so be sure to watch your personal belongings -- just like you would in NYC -- and you'll be fine. I'd stay at the Jeanne d'Arc again -- the location can't be beat!

6  Thank LoveTravel15119