“Enjoy the weekend in Paris”
Review of Hotel Jeanne d'Arc

Hotel Jeanne d'Arc
Ranked #414 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 3, 2013

very very good position! few mins from Place de Vosge and from Metro Line1 and 20mins walking from Notredame.
Recently renovated, in a calm Rue but close to Place rich of restaurants!
Confortable room with all the needs for a stay ... with exception of the fridge ... it coud be useful.
All the staff is very kind.
The breakfast is good as a normal breakfast .. but could be richer of sweets ... we had only a croissant/each :-(

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cri808

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was great, room clean, vacationers very friendly. Recommended local places to eat which were very good. In the Marais district which is very nice and not too touristy. Within walking distance to Notre Dame where you could catch the hop-on hop-off bus routes.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pat M
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have previously stayed in the Marais district but the first time at this hotel. We stayed here for almost 3 weeks and we would certainly stay here again.
The hotel is very close to the metro, restaurants (in all directions), shops and some of the major attractions (easy walk to the Louvre, Seine, Notre Dame, Place des Vosges).
I agree that the room (# 50) was not very big but considering how much time we spent in the room it was big enough. In fact the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, the showers had plenty of water pressure and it was quiet. If there is not enough room for your luggage the hotel will store it in a room downstairs.
The staff were particularly helpful and the reception remained open for 24 hours. There was a safe at reception where you could store your valuables and there was no problem with accessing it as often as you like. Free WIFI is available and unlike some of the other comments it could be accessed from our room on the 5th level. There is also a computer in reception that can be used at anytime.
For the price this hotel is great value and comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th level which suited us fine. There is only one lift however we would take it up...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Anne V
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you go in the summer, you might be sweating through sleep as there is no air-con but a table fan. Bed is old and the room is worn down. There is a lift to each floor but coming out of each floor requires few steps which are bad with heavy luggage. Breakfast at EUR8 is nothing to shout about. Only croissant, simple coffee and nestle tea bag plus bottle kind of orange juice were served. Need to leave a key every time you leave the hotel but there is no safe deposit box. Central location and Metro line. Many eating places around.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fusion2013
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleased with our choice of hotel when we pulled up at Hotel Jeanne d'Arc. The hotel is situated in an up market area on a reasonably quiet side street. We were 2 adults and 2 kids for this trip and they had a room with a double and 2 singles which suited us perfectly.

The room was average, beds ok, decor not quite finished, but we didn't plan on spending much time there. The sink and bath/shower were part of the bedroom with a separate loo. There's no aircon so with the windows open at night it could get noisy but that would in any city.

The staff, one lady in particular, was very helpful.

We would definately return

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Christmasroach
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel, having read a favorable review in Fodor's. This was also the first time I stayed in le Marais and it was all that I had hoped it would be. It was described to me as the SOHO of Paris and it truly was. I've always stayed in the Champ de Mars area and it was time for a change of scenery. There were so many places to eat and felt safe walking around. (My visit was in the month of June, so it wasn't dark until 10:00 PM.). There was a little plaza just around the corner from the hotel and it was filled with numerous cafes and restaurants.

The hotel and its proximity to the Saint Paul metro stop helped make my stay convenient and memorable. The Saint Paul Metro stop is on line number 1, the same line as many of the places of interest! It cut down on the number of times I had to transfer from one line to another to reach my destination. This was BIG plus for me!!! The staff was friendly and helpful with my many questions about Paris, its sights, and transport. Also, great Internet connection! The lobby and reception area is quite charming and colorful, but they are due for a carpet renovation. Shower heads are important to me and it would be great if they could do an upgrade there, too.

The no-frills room was comfortable and clean. . . even the maids were friendly and serviced the room thoroughly.

I would recommend this hotel for a person, like myself, who looks for a good value in hotel rooms. I am one who doesn't like to spend more than I have to for a hotel room, in which I spend very little time . . . especially in the City of Light. I'd much rather shop til I drop and have great meals. My only requirement is a safe environment, cleanliness, a bed that doesn't give me a backache and the availability of a lift. Add friendly staff and it is a winner in my book!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank springleaves
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Set in the lovely neighbourhood of le Marais and within walking distance of Place de Voges, Place de la Bastille, Notre Dame, Hotel de Ville and the Pompidou Centre, this hotel is a great choice. The Metro station (St Paul) is only a few minutes away and there are lots of cafes, bars and restaurants close by, several in a beautiful little square just behind the hotel. Our quad room was very clean, nicely decorated with a good-sized ensuite bathroom. The staff were very friendly and helpful and lots of tourist info and maps are available in the lobby. The beds were very comfortable although being on the first floor we did get some noise from the street below.
Overall we would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to other travelers looking to stay in the heart of Paris.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family