Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain
$279
$265
Cancelon
  • Fitness center
All reviewsleft bankrue cassettecharming hotelquiet streetluxembourg gardenssaint germaincroissantslovely courtyardclassic roomcontinental breakfasthome away from homethe ground floorfavorite hoteldinner reservationsside streeteach morningright bank
Reviewed June 2, 2006

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for 9 nights.
The hotel staff are personable, helpful and go out of their way for the little things. This was a last minute trip for us (3 weeks preparation) and upon checking their website found out that they were booked the days we wanted, so we called them, and it turned out they had a suite-salon modern available which suited us. We wanted something larger than the standard sized room anyhow. The room was spotless, and the marble bathroom had a tub, separate shower and plenty of room for toiletries.
The breakfast of croissants juice and delicious coffee is included, however, there is a menu, if you choose. My suggestion is the hotel could add fruit in addition to the breads.
The location is perfect - 5 minute walk to St. Sulpice and the Metro.
Plenty of shopping in all directions. We would certainly return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank celticmoon
Reviewed May 30, 2006

We just returned from a week stay at this lovely hotel. The service and the staff could not have been nicer and helpful. This hotel is situated in a lovely area just two blocks from the Metro. We opted for the large room and it was great. You will not go wrong with this little gem.

Smoking Joe

2  Thank smokingjoe
Reviewed May 11, 2006

After much planning for a trip with my mother on her 'milestone' birthday, an ample room was not available in this hotel, so I booked at a boutique closer to the Seine. When a room became available closer to our departure date, I did not hesitate to take it, room 317, a lovely duplex with one bedroom and very comfortable sitting room. It was a bit of a splurge but well worth the extra space and euros. The staff was extremely accommodating in making us comfortable, helping with restaurant recommendations and outstanding breakfast service. I could hardly believe we were in the heart of a city because of the melodious song birds in the garden area outside. It is ideally located near the Jardins du Luxembourg (an essential respite from the siteseeing scedule), Eglise Saint-Sulpice (don't miss the Delacroix murals as you walk in the front entrance), a delightful patisserie around the corner, and many restaurants to choose from in the area (and entertainment at L'Odeon).
The hotel is beautifully appointed with comfortable sitting areas and gorgeous chintzes of a simple and elegant design. The clientele was chic and sophisticated, the shopping nearby was similar to Soho in New York, but with much more beautiful architecture and less commercialism. This will be my destination hotel on return visits, hands down.

13  Thank OrchidScribbler
Reviewed April 29, 2006

I stayed in a single large room with my wife and son. The hotel is extremely well located and within walking distance of many sites and restaurants. Our room was on the second floor (3rd floor American) and looked into an internal courtyard. Although the hotel is centrally located we had a very quiet room. No street noise at all. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. I recommend the hotel and would stay there again. It is somewhat expensive.

11  Thank SoCalif08
Reviewed April 28, 2006

I stayed at Hotel de L'Abbaye with my 10 year old daughter in early April '06. Twenty years ago, I spent a college semester in Paris at the nearby Alliance Francaise. I've returned back a number of times and can't get enough of the 6th. This was a special trip with my daughter -- an introduction to the city I love so much and I wanted to make it very special. I'd stayed in a few hotels in the 6th on business, but was intrigued by the reviews I read on Trip Advisor. I researched hotels extensively and Hotel de L'Abbaye was simply the most logical choice. THe hotel is GREAT. The street is very quiet and residential, yet just a half block off the busy Rue de Rennes. It's 5 mins maxby foot to the St Sulpice Metro, 10 mins to St. Germain and about a 15 min walk to the Seine (but I walk fast). The cobblestone entry courtyard is charming. While the hotel is in an old building and has the exceptional charm of a well kept small Parisian hotel, I didn't see any antique elements like wooden beams or stone walls that I'd seen at other small hotels in the 6th. That was ok with me. It's very tidy and well appointed. We were on the third floor overlooking the courtyard. The room was small, but I knew that in advance. The bathroom comparatively was grand. The staff was quiet friendly and allowed me to speak French and spoke French back which was generous. THey were helfpul with restaurant recommendations and with other suggestions during our visit. There were a number of French in the hotel during our stay which was nice to see. THe other hotels I'd stayd at in the 6th were a bit noisy and Hotel de L'Abbaye was no exception. I could hear toilets flushing and other plumbing sounds, but thankfully no talking! It was not a major nuisance and that's part of the charm! THe Luxembourg Gardens -- my hangout in school -- is quite close and there are loads of great restaurants and shipping nearby (as well as one of the city's best patisseries on Rue Bonaparte -- can't remember the name! but it's just a half block N of Place St. Sulipice on the left.. Shopping is great too. I would highly recommend Hotel de L'Abbaye to anyone. It is delightful. Enjoy the magic of Paris!

12  Thank Turlendu