“Printemps - beautiful”

and up
Paris Day Shopping By Luxury Car
Ranked #121 of 1,098 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This huge department store is best known for its large collection of perfumes and cosmetics.
Havant, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Printemps - beautiful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012

Beautiful window displays for Christmas! Marionnettes / Puppets dressed in designer clothes, moving displays, crowds 3-4 deep outside straining to see - wonderful!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“ROBBERY in Printemps!!! Be carefull!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

I has been robbed at the department store on 17th of November between 18:20 to 18:40pm at Moncler shop on the third floor. I know it is too late to write about it, however at the moment of robbery I thougt that it has been done by the third person, however after having clearly analized everything, I understood that it has been done by sales assistant working at the store. I come to Paris quite often and visit Printemps regularly, however this is something that happens to me for the first time.
The situation was as follows:
I came in the shop and was looking for a jacket, after selecting the one I liked which has been in grey color I tried it on and asked sales assistant if they had it in black color and in different size. She told they did and brought a black one in the right size. while I have been waiting for the jacket I was standing near the bench on which I put my red bag and was trying to put the box with the phone which I had just bought in apple store in my bag, but it didn't fit in, since my bag was too full, so I left it just neat the bag. Then the sales lady brought the jacket, I quickly tried it on ( near the bench where my bag was laying) and told I am taking it, then I took the bag and realized it was open and without my wallet anymore (now the box with the new phone could easily fit in the bag, which clearly indicates I has been robbed at the moment when I was trying the jacket on). The fact that only sales assistant were near the bench gives me the first reason of suspicion.
When I realized that I had been robbed I asked the sales assistant where is security, she took me to the information desk, explained something in French and a man wrote the address of the police for me to go and to leave my statement there. Here comes a question why in the central luxury department store in Paris you don't have your own security department???
I then asked sales assistant to go back to the shop and to ask all other sales assistants if they had seen anything. Nobody had. I also asked if they have camera, they told they don't have any camera at their store. Russian blonde sales assistant also told that this is the second robbery case in a week at Moncler shop and that also not only clients are being robbed, but somebody is also stealing jackets from the shop. Here comes the second reason of suspicion - how is it possible that in central department store in Paris you don't have cameras in every store and even if you have why don't you put camera when the products from one of your shops are being stolen??? Even in small supermarkets in Ukraine we do have cameras everywhere...
I also asked the Russian sales assistant if it makes sense to go to the police and she told of course not, there is no chance the thief can be found. One more reason to suspect sales assistant in robbery.
Be careful with your belongings, even somebody you can not suspect can easily steal your wallet, money, bag...

14 Thank AlexandraVovchenko
Massachusetts
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Who shops at these stores”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

It's a fasinating place to see and walk through. We saw the Christmas windows. But the prices are untouchable. Who buys in these stores.

1 Thank CB-Mass
Cambridge, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“PRICEY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

went to Lafayetts first before going on to printemps.. very expensive, only for the riich ,good view from the top thou...then went back to lafayettes thought it had a better atmostphere...

1 Thank kittscambs
Singapore, Singapore
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Better atmosphere than Lafayette”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

We went to Lafayette first before coming to Printemps, and felt Printemps was so much better to shop in. It's less crowded, and the queues were not as horrible as Lafayette.

You can get cash refund straight in the department store. For Lafayette, you got to do it in the airport. You do not have to spend 175euros in the same store, as long as its under Printemps. Go to the basement longchamp instead of the level 1 longchamp. But they had like 10 bags per passport limit.

Visited October 2012