“A must for antiques lovers” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Louvre des Antiquaires

Le Louvre des Antiquaires
Ranked #515 of 1,086 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to over 250 different antique dealers.
70 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“A must for antiques lovers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Forget about the overly commercialized flea-markets in grubby parts of town. This indoor "mall" of high-end antique shops will have you salivating over everything from gold trimmed clocks with portrait busts to furniture that looks, quite literally, fit for a king.

Visited April 2013

Melbourne, Australia
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Quality-Value-Vintage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

After becoming engaged some 2 weeks earlier during our time in Spain, L now had a new dress-ring from Georg Jensen which was for that period serving as her temporary engagement ring. The reasons for our return to Paris had been revealed at the time – to find her ring proper! So off we went trawling all the major retailers around the popular place Vendome – our favourite was at Cartier and although and even though it was out of my price range we were still considering it – I could tell later however that L wasn’t completely in love with said ring so we needed to rethink. Some more research and we had decided to visit Le Louvre des Antiquaries which is actually not far away from place Vendome. There are dozens upon dozens of boutique jewellers here – many with unique vintage pieces. One such place to seek out is Valerie Danenberg Jewellers. L ended up choosing a beautiful 1930’s diamond engagement ring in the Parisian Marguerite style. Valerie has over 20 years experience in the industry and was great with us from start to finish – even with problems encountered with my bank upon payment which we thankfully later resolved. We feel that we got very good quality and value in comparison to paying for ‘the name stores’ along place Vendome. So in summary – do visit Le Louvre des Antiquaries if looking for that special piece, and in particular – visit Valerie Danenberg.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Berliner_Frankie
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“If you visit Louvre des Antiquaires, don't buy jewels from BGC”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

The "Louvre des Antiquaires" is a very nice gallery one can visit while visiting Paris. If you're interested in buying antiques or jewels or only in admiring them, then do visit this place. But if you want to actually buy jewels, make sure to avoid the two stores of Yvan Guillaume Boscher or BGC which you can find at the ground floor, facing one another.

My future husband bought me an expensive ring from here but it was a bit too large for my hand so it needed readjustments. After telling me that they can re-size it for free within a week's time here I am, more than one month later, without the ring. Not only did they make me go there asking for the ring 5 times already, without actually having it ready, but they even told me that somehow they had lost it.

Eventually they managed to find it, but they readjusted it in the worst possible way (my partner engraved it with our initials on one side of the ring and they actually cut exactly that part, so the engraving is now gone).
Plus, I asked them to write me a latter attesting that they did not make any other adjustments to it beside cutting a small part from its circle, that for example they didn't change the stones, the material or the ring itself with a replica and they said they cannot provide me with such a certificate. So I gave the ring back asking them to redo the engraving they cut and to somehow come up with an authenticity certificate. If they don't solve this situation within a few days, I will surely report them to the authorities.

I guess this says a lot about the quality and the safety of their services.

Visited January 2013
9 Thank Andra M
Seattle
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“wonderful visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

the best place to view muesum quality antiques for sale, always a stop when I am in Paris, go there for a great experiance, right across from the Louvre.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Mike P
Flippin, Arkansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“THE Place to find Antiques...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

This is a must see place, just off the rue de Rivioli behind the Louvre. All types of period
and vintage antiques of every kind, brandy sets, paintings, classic jewelry, just to name a few Several floors of "really good stuff". There is also a cute little cafe for a kir royal and fromage.
2,Place du Palais Royal 75001 tue-sun 11a/7p