“Four Seasons - Oh amazing”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #21 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Four Seasons - Oh amazing”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Well, let me say I have always been a fan of the Four Seasons franchise. Paris has one of the most amazing Four Season locations. The service was implacable, and my wife and I enjoyed our stay. Although a bit on the pricey side, I always get what I pay for at Four Seasons! Top notch service.

Room Tip: Corner Rooms are my preference.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Four Seasons is Four Seasons but Four Seasons in Paris is absolute must see! Its up to date, staffed and features very comfortable F&B outlets either for an afternoon tea or an evening drink accompanied by a lovely piano player. Ideal treat for friends get-together after a long time. Loved it!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Suzie S
Larchmont, New York
Reviewed January 25, 2014

In no other upscale or luxury hotel where we've stayed has the front desk attendant also led us to our room, showing us some of the hotel amenities along the way. It's a wonderful touch to introduce guests to a hotel. It was the start to a memorable five-night stay for my wife, daughter, and me. I can't say enough about the concierge staff. The only problem we experienced was on our second day: our television remote didn't function properly and there was no means to adjust channels manually. I mentioned this at the concierge desk on our way out that morning. Even before I left the hotel, though, I realized I'd forgotten something and went back to the room...and found a technician was already there to work on the issue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to read that you and your family had a memorable time among us!
I am extremely glad to hear that you were impressed by our concierge staff. Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!

Kindest regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 23, 2014

i have stayed in Four Seasons Paris on 20-01-2013 to 22-01-2013. The hotel looks nice and exclusive. However we have experienced few problems during our stay. Firstly, they care about outsiders rather than hotel guests. if you don't have reservation you cannot sit and have any drink anywhere in the hotel. We had 2 rooms as i went there with my kids and their nanny. As you would imagine the kids need some area to sit and dine during the day, but we had to beg the attendant in the coffee launch called La Galerie to give us a seat. They were constantly reserving the tables for the people WHO come outside the hotel. This is not accepted as they should allocate the hotel guests first. The same problem at the bar. We end up having room service 3 times a day. The staff is very good, but the mentality of the management should change, You have to look after your guests first, not others!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
50 Thank mbkaya
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V this January.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.
I was too surprised that none made you feel "welcome" and were never able to secure a table. I have shared your comment with our Bar & Galerie Director to understand what happened as this is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention as it is unacceptable.
I really value your patronage and hope that you will contact me so we can further discuss about your experience.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Director of Rooms
francisco.garcia@fourseasons.com
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Gorgeous rooms, amazing service, beautiful orchids, perfect location. The only thing that annoyed us slightly was confusion with our room service when we were trying to sleep and also we could not turn down the air con. Apart from that though, fairy tail rooms with enough living space to stay comfortably for a month plus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms and the flowers!I am sorry that you experienced slight confusion with room service during the evening. Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Kindest regards,
Director of Sales and Marketing
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 20, 2014

So this is regarded as the Flagship Hotel of Four Seasons in Europe?

Mmmmmm.... I don't agree. My vote would go to The Four Seasons in Florence.

Yes, it's all there; rooms are as 5***** as they shouldbe, all the usual nice art, the design, the history, the antiques, the gold, the bling bling etc.

But there is no soul.

Besides that; the common areas - La Galerie and Le Bar- are quite small and overrun with people not staying at the Hotel. I had booked 2 rooms for a week, but I never felt made welcome or "at home". Yes, they smiled a lot and said all the right things one should say, but that just felt all as 'rehearsed' to me. With some exceptions of course.

The Spa was very good and the therapist very knowledgeable. The pool was small.

The service of the concierge was not flawless (as it's claimed to be?) and after 2 nights we decided to start making our own restaurant reservations. Le Cinq was overbooked every evening.

So all in all; not my favorite Four Seasons Hotel in Europe. Definitely not bad, don't get me wrong, but just a bit 'sterile'. Therefore 3/5.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank Qilin_88
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in December.
I was too surprised that nobody made you feel "welcome" or at home and have noted your comment concerning the service of the concierge desk not being flawless. This is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention as it is unacceptable.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the spa and the therapist, I am delighted to read that you appreciated your experience there.
I really value your patronage and hope that you will contact me so we can further discuss your experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Kindest Regards,
Marc-Olivier Raffray
Hotel Manager
Everywhere you're not
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The comfort you expect from the Four Seasons. I prefer to stay nowhere else when in Paris. Front desk staff are all very cool and helpful, and they make sure you feel no different than anyone else checking in no matter who you are.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business