“Outstanding”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #23 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Gorgeous rooms, amazing service, beautiful orchids, perfect location. The only thing that annoyed us slightly was confusion with our room service when we were trying to sleep and also we could not turn down the air con. Apart from that though, fairy tail rooms with enough living space to stay comfortably for a month plus.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms and the flowers!I am sorry that you experienced slight confusion with room service during the evening. Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Kindest regards,
Francisco Garcia
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed January 20, 2014

So this is regarded as the Flagship Hotel of Four Seasons in Europe?

Mmmmmm.... I don't agree. My vote would go to The Four Seasons in Florence.

Yes, it's all there; rooms are as 5***** as they shouldbe, all the usual nice art, the design, the history, the antiques, the gold, the bling bling etc.

But there is no soul.

Besides that; the common areas - La Galerie and Le Bar- are quite small and overrun with people not staying at the Hotel. I had booked 2 rooms for a week, but I never felt made welcome or "at home". Yes, they smiled a lot and said all the right things one should say, but that just felt all as 'rehearsed' to me. With some exceptions of course.

The Spa was very good and the therapist very knowledgeable. The pool was small.

The service of the concierge was not flawless (as it's claimed to be?) and after 2 nights we decided to start making our own restaurant reservations. Le Cinq was overbooked every evening.

So all in all; not my favorite Four Seasons Hotel in Europe. Definitely not bad, don't get me wrong, but just a bit 'sterile'. Therefore 3/5.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Qilin_88
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V in December.
I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest level of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies.
I was too surprised that nobody made you feel "welcome" or at home and have noted your comment concerning the service of the concierge desk not being flawless. This is not the feedback we generally receive, yet I am appreciative that you brought it to our attention as it is unacceptable.
Thank you for your kind words regarding the spa and the therapist, I am delighted to read that you appreciated your experience there.
I really value your patronage and hope that you will contact me so we can further discuss your experience.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Kindest Regards,
Marc-Olivier Raffray
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 18, 2014

The comfort you expect from the Four Seasons. I prefer to stay nowhere else when in Paris. Front desk staff are all very cool and helpful, and they make sure you feel no different than anyone else checking in no matter who you are.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The only thing missing when I check into the George Cinq is my man butler. I wish you could order one as an extra charge.

Its not my first choice in Paris, however its always consistent. The suite is always appointed well however sometimes I feel they are trying to hard and the quality of the furniture is a bit Disney.

Service is sincere and professional. The Restaurant was fantastic. Two star dining is sometimes much more approachable and fun ( if I can say fun) and the dinning room did not disappoint.

The bar is always a cool spot and i love the fact that they are well stocked on somewhat rare Japanese whisky.

Nothing was a problem, air quality and comfort were more than adequate. The only concern I had was that the room service carts were left in the corridor a bit too long. I actually find this very tiresome, to have service carts in the corridor. If you order room service then call them to pick it up when your done dining in the room. I'm not sure who eats in their rooms when in Paris other than the body guards..... and the man butler but seriously the hotel staff need to come up with a way of dealing with this.

Anyway great location and good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
First of all, please let me thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
It is always disappointing to read that one of our guests did not have a perfect guest experience. I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short on our goals. Please accept my most sincere apologies about the room service cart not being removed fast enough.
On the other hand, I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed our Restaurant Le Cinq and our Bar, our Chef Barman Grégory Hazac indeed does an amazing job in having a great selection of rare beverages available to our guests.
I would like to invite you to contact me at your convenience in order to further discuss your comments about the butler service.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon,
Kindest regards,
Francisco Garcia
Director of Rooms

Email: francisco.garcia@fourseasons.com
Tel: +33 1 49 52 70 22

Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel is very nice located and has a royal glam. The staff is excellent and so is the service. The reason to why I only give the rating 4 is the people staying in the hotel. Many guests are very arrogant towards the staff and to see that brought down the overall rating of the hotel stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lina O
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Without doubt one of teh best hotel experience I ever had.
Spend a week end in this luxurious hotel in the heart of Paris.
Everthing from the bed to the restauranst is amazing.
Very good staff, friendly and attentive, beautiful lobby and amenity.
had dinner at the Cinq and it was the top: food and service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I chose this over the Waldorf Astoria at Versailles because of location, Waldorf restaurant was closed and from the hotel web pictures The George v was furnished and decorated in Parisian Elegance, where as the Waldorf looked like it could have been any city. I am so glad I did it was truly wonderful. We never told the hotel we were celebrating a big number birthday, but housekeeping saw a few cards and we returned to roses and champagne! Well done everybody great job and thank you. It is of course expensive as are all 5 star hotels in Paris. The Christmas decorations were outstanding.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple