“Extremely Disappointing”

Ranked #18 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Broken Bow, Oklahoma
“Extremely Disappointing”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I normally stay at 3-4 star hotels but thought I would give myself a treat for once as it was my birthday.

I chose this iconic hotel and wanted to impress a friend who is a Parisien!

Hotel is a lovevly place and the rooms lok great and in general its very luxurioius. However in terms of serive I was really disappointed as the people were just rude all the time. Virtually impossible to be well understood by the staff and never smile. How sad it is to see such morose people supposedly working for the guest.

If you were french then everything waas ok but as I am not French then I was always the last to be served. I even caught 2 of the receptionists smirking as I walked down as I am not as elegant I assume as other guests. Well I still paid the full rate and expect to be treated with some dignity.

Everything worked at the hotel so that was fine and the breakfast was lovely but really the most important part for me is the staff and the service and atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired.

Would not recommend unless you are royalty.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
21 Thank Wendy H
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very concerned by the negative experience you mentioned on TripAdvisor.
Your feedback is extremely important to us, I would like to follow up on your visit and comments. I would be most grateful if you could grant me a few minutes of your precious time. I hope we can connect soon and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

Jackie Dalena
Executive Assistant
voice: +33 1 49 52 70 02
fax: +33 1 49 52 70 12
email: jackie.dalena@fourseasons.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The four days I spent at The Four Seasons George V, Paris were incredible.
The staff is highly trained to attend to your every need, whim, desire.. usually before you even realized you needed or wanted something! If you called for anything, it was at your door within minutes..
They catered to us and helped us enjoy our short week in the wonderful city.. the concierge was extremely helpful with reservations, calling stores for us (due to the national holiday some things were not open) and getting museum tickets ahead of time.
The food was wonderful and the decor of the hotel was breathtaking. Definitely a once in a lifetime expereince!

Room Tip: We stayed in 310, annexed over another builidn which was not owned by hotel. It was a little noisy...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Naptimeartist
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us and that you particularly appreciated the décor of the hotel, the cuisine, our staff and our service.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Director of Sales and Marketing
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here on business recently and the service was second to none. The staff are very attentive and customer focussed which makes a change from a number of other Paris Hotels.
The rooms are well appointed and meticulously clean as you would expect. The only criticism is that the Hotel does get extremely busy at times.

Room Tip: All the rooms are of a high quality but ask for a room on a high floor to avoid the traffic noise es...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and rooms.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed with my family (wife, 5 year old and 1 year old baby) and can honestly say the hotel is very child friendly. The room had a Cot, with beautiful bedding, bathrobes for both kids, slippers for both kids too. Staff were extremely friendly and very welcoming. Location is ideal for walking to all major places in Paris
Will definitely be returning back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and we are delighted to read that you appreciated our service, in particular the children’s facilities.
Calabasas, California
Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you are in Paris - drop in to the George V to see the flowers and have a drink. First the flowers are world famous for a reason. Second the bar(s). The outdoor garden bar is tranquil and wonderul. The tea room is the epitomy of French and the bar is just old fashioned heavy wood comfy chairs. This is one of the best hotels in Paris and everything about will stay with you forever. It will be worth the 20 Euro drink.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Englishdreams
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your recent experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Bar, the marble courtyard and the flowers!
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I brought our family of four to Paris for 3 nights, and had read many reviews on this hotel. It is on all the "top lists". I am not very budget conscious when we travel; my focus is on creating memories and experiencing the best, especially on locations that we will likely visit once or twice in our lifetime. We have stayed at some of the best hotels in the world. I thought this hotel was quite pricey even by my standards, and I was curiously on the lookout to see how in the world the hotel could provide value consistent with their pricing. While thoroughly enjoying our busy first visit to Paris, I found myself continuously evaluating the hotel throughout our stay, almost looking for a mistake. Its not my nature, but hey, with the reputation and the pricing, I could not have had higher expectations. I could not find one fault with the hotel. With every detail, I found myself smiling. This place was just that good. It was everything you would expect from a top hotel, but this place gets ALL the details right. Rooms - beautiful and comfortable and technologically up to date. Location was great. Concierge staff was superb. Decor and flowers in the common spaces lived up to its reputation. Food and service in the restaurant and room service was excellent, although we tried to eat out as much as possible with all the amazing dining options in Paris. I highly recommend this hotel if it is within your budget, and if you appreciate a very high level of service and the little details are important to you. Is it worth it? It certainly was for us, and made our first trip to Paris a fantastic memory. Thank you Hotel Georges V.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Marquis70
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We are thrilled to hear that we made your family’s first trip to Paris “a fantastic memory” and that you appreciated our rooms, the location, our Concierge team, our Food and Beverage services as well as the hotel décor and flowers! Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner. We will make sure to share your comment with our teams.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hands-down, one of the most elegant, refined, sublime, (I'm running out of adjectives here) hotels that I have ever experienced.
From the minute you walk into the lobby, you know that you have "arrived". The lobbies were filled with white orchids, gladiolus, and roses in striking Jeff Latham designs. The service at reception was warm and genuine, without being patronizing or gushing. Our representative actually escorted us to our room to ensure that we knew how to operate the "black-out" shades, the espresso machine, and the television. Our room was on the 7th floor, and had a very nice courtyard view from the 200-foot long terrace.
The room itself was richly appointed in silk drapes, antique pen artwork, marble, and granite. We had three separate entrances to the patio. The bath had a separate shower and tub, water closet, and a double vanity.
The breakfast service at the gallery outside Le Cinq restaurant was excellent. Choices abound, and the quality was bar-none the best.
This is a hotel for those who truly appreciate and demand quality. It is not a hotel for the budget traveler, but will truly be an experience of a lifetime. And the location is perfect.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir,
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, your breakfast in the Galerie, the rooms and the flowers! Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon to the Four Seasons Hotel George V.