There are many beautiful hotels out there with wonderful amenities, luxurious accommodations, terrific services, etc. However, when it comes to service, no one beats the George V. This was only our second time staying with them (the first was 5 years ago), but the experience was consistently excellent.
The below list includes some special services because Air France misplaced my luggage, which I had originally planned to carry on, but they insisted was the right size, but too heavy for carry on.
At the George V:
1. Post check-in every single employee seems to know your name, even on first encounters, and you're not sure exactly how (are they studying passport photos before their shifts, or what?)
2. Service somehow strikes that perfect balance of always being there when you need someone or something, without being obtrusive. Everything seems customized just for you.
3. Because of my lost luggage, and due to our late afternoon arrival on the Saturday before Bastille Day, I raced to the Gallerie Lafayette from the airport at the hotel's suggestion to replace my weekend wardrobe. Upon checking in a tailor was dispatched to my room within 1 hour to hem my pants for the evening (men's pants only come in one length per waist size in France - apparently people with my waist size are meant to be much taller!). Anyway, the pants were altered and pressed and in my room within 45 minutes.
4. Also within an hour of arrival, a doctor arrived at our door to consult with me about prescriptions I can't be without (my meds were in the bag Air France insisted I check, and I forgot to pull them out). By the time we got back to our room after dinner, my meds were waiting inside. I didn't have to go to the drug store with the script or anything. It was all handled for me.
I think part of what makes the George V service so special, is that you know they will always come through for you. Need something printed quickly and delivered to your room? No problem. Restaurant reservations in a pinch? Done. Need an ironing board or a bottle of Champagne? You never wait long. The list goes on and on.
We also participated in their Bastille Day Dinner Cruise for the second time (worthy of its own review). Just amazing. The concierge Roderick and his crew hosted the event, and like everything else he and his staff did to make us comfortable, it was executed just perfectly.
Congratulations on a job well done George V. I can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful hotel housed in the former landmark Hotel George V, furnished with objects of art and antiques - Near Champs Elysees. The only luxury hotel in Europe to house three Michelin-starred restaurants for a total of 5 stars and to offer a large choice of Suites called "parisian appartments". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TravelUp, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Hotel George v Paris
- Four Seasons Paris
- George v Paris
- Paris Four Seasons
- Hotel George v Paris
- George 5 Paris