“The Very Example of Perfection in the Hospitality Business”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #26 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 16, 2013

There are many beautiful hotels out there with wonderful amenities, luxurious accommodations, terrific services, etc. However, when it comes to service, no one beats the George V. This was only our second time staying with them (the first was 5 years ago), but the experience was consistently excellent.

The below list includes some special services because Air France misplaced my luggage, which I had originally planned to carry on, but they insisted was the right size, but too heavy for carry on.

At the George V:

1. Post check-in every single employee seems to know your name, even on first encounters, and you're not sure exactly how (are they studying passport photos before their shifts, or what?)

2. Service somehow strikes that perfect balance of always being there when you need someone or something, without being obtrusive. Everything seems customized just for you.

3. Because of my lost luggage, and due to our late afternoon arrival on the Saturday before Bastille Day, I raced to the Gallerie Lafayette from the airport at the hotel's suggestion to replace my weekend wardrobe. Upon checking in a tailor was dispatched to my room within 1 hour to hem my pants for the evening (men's pants only come in one length per waist size in France - apparently people with my waist size are meant to be much taller!). Anyway, the pants were altered and pressed and in my room within 45 minutes.

4. Also within an hour of arrival, a doctor arrived at our door to consult with me about prescriptions I can't be without (my meds were in the bag Air France insisted I check, and I forgot to pull them out). By the time we got back to our room after dinner, my meds were waiting inside. I didn't have to go to the drug store with the script or anything. It was all handled for me.

I think part of what makes the George V service so special, is that you know they will always come through for you. Need something printed quickly and delivered to your room? No problem. Restaurant reservations in a pinch? Done. Need an ironing board or a bottle of Champagne? You never wait long. The list goes on and on.

We also participated in their Bastille Day Dinner Cruise for the second time (worthy of its own review). Just amazing. The concierge Roderick and his crew hosted the event, and like everything else he and his staff did to make us comfortable, it was executed just perfectly.

Congratulations on a job well done George V. I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank JBTribeca
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for such a detailed comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V! We are delighted to see that you had a memorable time among us!
Attention to detail is extremely important to us. We customize service for each of our customer and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.
Furthermore, we are glad to read that you enjoyed our Bastille Day dinner cruise with the George V team. We will make sure to share your kind comment with Roderick.
We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Kindest regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very comfortable stay,chic and elegant. My suite with it's large terrace, huge bathroom and dressing is a newly decorated in English country style has made our stay a memorable one.I've stayed there many times before but every time it gets better and better.The staff are so attentive through out.Smooth check-in all arrangement that we needed where taking care of .
All I can say,don't let your love ones miss it .

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rasalkha

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that , " I've stayed there many times before but everytime it gets better and better ".
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Please do not waste your Money!! My daughters and I had tea in London and Paris on vacation.
They were all delightful experiences until we had tea at Hotel George V Paris.
1. environment -children in bathrobes on the way to the spa would walk by us while we were having tea.
2. we had to ask for sugar, not automatically served
3. hot water was poured into our teacups, did not let tea steep
4. when we asked for 3 more sandwiches we had to wait 35 more minutes
We were charged additional money for the 3 small sandwich pieces and were not told that there would be a charge.
5. when we asked for service the waitress repeatedly told she was busy with the large extended family across from us that had actually arrived after us.
6. my daughter asked for a glass of water at the end of our tea (we would always have to go find the waitress and insist that she help us) The waitress brought a large bottle of opened evian water and charged us an additional 13 euros.
** This is the first time that I have ever called and complained to management. I did receive a letter that they were taking the complaint seriously. They did offer me a free tea for 2 people not 3 when I return to Paris someday.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
35  Thank familytravel362

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment concerning your recent experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
First I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while enjoying an afternoon tea in our Galerie. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment.
We really value your patronage and I really hope that you will consider our invitation and we will have the privilege to welcome you back soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was just a fantastic kick start to our French holiday. Luxury all the way, silver service breakfast in Le Cinq restaurant. Fantastic attention to detail and such friendly and unstuffy staff. Could not fault them and hope to repeat the experience next time we are in Paris. We even arrived to a paparazzi and fans welcome but alas we were told by another guest (quite rightly the hotel staff kept their lips sealed) that a certain Mr Springsteen was staying. He didn't bother us though....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Delgirl2010
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the staff and the restaurant Le Cinq! Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 13, 2013

George V is a stunning hotel even by Paris standards. Upon arriving you will feel the rich luscious atmosphere from grand entrance and unlimited number of MB and BMW vehicles. It's bold but elegant lobby is highlighted by beautiful fresh floral arrangements. Service is extremely attentive and very smooth.

The bar area off the lobby makes a great start to relaxing. The rooms are are well decorated and have all the modern amenities a traveller needs. My suite was quite large and a amazing bathroom. Rooms are soundproofed and very good for sleeping.

Breakfast is amazing with the unbelievable croissants which are a meal in themselves. Lunch and dinner is within the hotel is also wonderful. The location gives you so many choices for restaurants, sightseeing, and a lot of eye candy.

You will not be disappointed with your stay here at the George V; just be sure you decide to stay here you will get a wonderful experience at a very expensive price. As they say you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "Four Seasons Hotel George V is a stunning hotel".

Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Where to start - I have vacationed in Paris 12-15 times over the past 20 years. I have stayed in the George V on 3 consecutive visits. The Empire Suite was one of the finest I have stayed in anywhere. The Honeymoon Suite (since re-named) had the finest terrace views of any hotel I've stayed in. I should note: I do mean TERRACE and not balcony. I entertained several guests on this terrace and had room for lots more. The staff is attentive and knows your name from the moment you get out of the car. The bar is quite lively and usually has a 'who's who' clientele. On occasion, my wife and I (non-celebrity types) would enter... find no tables available (other than those with 'reserved' cards) and immediately upon entry - those reserved tables became ours without asking.

Now for the other side of things - on arrival for our first stay, we were told our suite (this is the equivalent of a penthouse suite) would only be available for the first 1/2 of our stay because of a reservation conflict with another guest. We were moved to room #500 (which a very famous piano player was checking out of). It wasn't even close to our suite's amenities.

The following year - I was at reception checking in having once again reserved (and paid for) the Empire Suite. While at the counter, I see the hotel manager is having a conversation with my wife. I am called over and the manager is trying to convince me that he would like to move me to the Honeymoon Suite and that I would like that better. I said I would like the suite I booked previously. Long story short - The Rolling Stones were in town and wanted my suite (the same Rolling Stones who were given my suite the year before -- what are the chances?). I had to accept the Honeymoon Suite. The end of it is - the terrace of the Honeymoon Suite is far superior to the Empire Suite but the room was a slight notch below. I loved the terrace but found it poor service to be changed when you booked one of the most expensive suites in one of the most expensive cities.

All that said, it is an amazing hotel. The location (for me) is not as good as Le Meurice but amazing none-the-less. Le Crillon was my old haunt but they are inattentive to their clients needs. The Ritz? Don't even get me started. I stayed for 5 nights and every time I would enter the hotel security would stop me and ask 'may I help you' as if I was a stalker.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rob S
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comment regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We have well noted your feedback for your future return trip to Paris.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon to the City of Light.

Warmest Regards,

Mélanie Baum
Director of Rooms

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and I was fortunate to share the amazing experience with a good friend last fall.

Our room was on the Champs-Elysees side of the building where we could hear the bells of Notre Dame each morning, people-watch as shoppers strolled down to Louis Vuitton (and were herded like cattle in the line), and wander just four or five blocks to cross the Seine and take in La Tour Eiffel.

From the breathtaking lobby to the fluffy bedding to the gracious customer service, I cannot sing any greater praises for this wonderful facility. Truly a treasure.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room where you can crack the window. While this city is known for its light, t...