“Stay at the George V!!!”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #18 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
London
“Stay at the George V!!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I totally loved the George V. What a beautiful hotel, sets the bar so high. We just spent five nights in their beautiful penthouse suite, absolutely heavenly. Private wraparound rooftop terrace with sunbeds, views of the Eiffel Tower, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Grand Palais etc. Beautifully quiet, it was totally soundproofed, not even a scrape from maids or other guests, so this coupled with the most comfortable bed EVER meant fantastic nights' sleep. Immaculate bedroom and bathroom - loved the TV in the bathroom mirror!

But one of the best things was the amazing staff at the GV. They cannot do too much to help and it is clearly their aim that you have a wonderful stay at the hotel; we found them exceptionally personable and charming and without a trace of the haughtiness or patronising air found in some other places.

Although we do enjoy lovely holidays, my husband and I are very ordinary people but I was really touched and thrilled that we were treated like royalty by the staff at the George V, and their professionalism and the general loveliness of the hotel meant that our stay there was one of our best ever vacations. I recommend it unconditionally and thank the staff for all their care and attention to us.

2 Thank Rozalla
mntrParis, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your Suite and the service! It is a great reward for us to read that you recommend our hotel "unconditionally".
Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.
We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Maybe it goes without saying that a stay at the Four Seasons will always be wonderful, but I had to post a review anyway. My husband and I stayed for two nights for my 40th birthday and were beyond thrilled with our experience. We were first upgraded to a beautiful suite with a view of the Eiffel Tower (room 441) and on the night of my birthday discovered a bottle of Vueve Cliquot and a birthday cake. We spent a lot of time in Le Bar because the staff was amazing (they also gave me a birthday cake there too) and we highly recommend the French Fries and burger! The entire experience was one we'll never forget!!!

3 Thank ManhattanBeachGirl
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Madam,
I would like to thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
It is such a great pleasure to read that you had a memorable 40th birthday and I will make sure to share your comments with the Bar team!
I hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
Warmest regards,
Director of Marketing
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spoiled myself with this hotel on a trip to Paris, and it was absolutely worth it. The bed--most comfortable I've ever slept on in any hotel, possibly anywhere else (ever). The bath--sparkling, luxurious, and stocked with Bulgari. The location--perfect, just off the Champs Elysee but quiet, right next to all the best shopping but peaceful, and within walking distance of almost everything that interests a tourist. The service--impeccable. The breakfast--so filling that it was the only meal I ate for a few days. There is also a gym, a salon, flowers everywhere, lovely music in the evenings, daily newspaper delivery, and waterproof maps at the front desk. My room had a view to the inner courtyard, which was lovely in the late spring weather.

Basically, I didn't want to ever leave.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank exuperonic
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service, the rooms, the breakfast, the location and the ambiance of the hotel.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that "you didn't want to ever leave".
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is a 5* hotel in Paris and the French are well renowned for the quality of their cuisine.

I tried out their breakfast and had the American-style breakfast, whilst my other half had French Toast.

I accepted the prices would be very high because it was 5* hotel, however the quality of the cooking was 'poor'.

My omelette was cooked like the consistency of set blamange and was warm but not hot, very strange way of cooking an omelette, it tasted like it had been poached!

My other half had French Toast, served warm but not hot. Big disappointment as this tasted like bread and butter pudding minus the raisins.

To compound problems the waitress took away my cutlery before I finished my breakfast, do they expect you to eat breakfast with your bare hands?

A pleasant last day spent in Paris was sullied by a poor experience whilst trying to enjoy a quality breakfast in a 5* hotel.

When the bill arrived, the manager had kindly deducted the French toast from the bill.
I was in a hurry to leave and did not notice until later that I had been charged an additional €12 for an orange juice that should have been included as part of American-style breakfast.

May be this is a one-off and the head chef was on vacation as this was Easter period.

The breakfast was 'poor' in quality and taste and not what you would expect from a 5* hotel.
I've had much better experience at other 5* hotels including Paris.

Room Tip: By all means stay at the Four Seasons hotel in Paris but do not eat their breakfast, instead go to a...
23 Thank M D
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for your comment regarding your recent breakfast at Le Cinq. I must admit that I am quite embarrassed to read about your "poor" experience.
First I would like to assure you that we constantly strive to achieve only the highest levels of quality, service and hospitality and I truly regret that we fell short of our goals. I would like to extend my most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced. I really can understand your frustration and disappointment.
I really hope that you will give us the opportunity to get in contact at your convinience in order to further discuss about your experience.
Warmest regards,
Antoine Corneille
Director of Food and Beverage
antoine.corneille@fourseasons.com
tel: + 33 (1) 49 52 70 25
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Reviewed March 29, 2013

First class hotel with first class service! The tasting menu with wine pairings at Le Cinq was out of this world! Not a better location in all of Paris! The Concierge Team was phenomenal! To quote my now fiance, "over the top"!

3 Thank Mark H
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
It is a great delight and reward to read that you had "the expericence of a lifetime" while staying with us!
Warmest Regards,
Director of Marketing
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have spent the last 7 years due to work staying at multiple Four Seasons, mainly Canary Wharf for business but for pleasure I just had the lovely experience of visiting 4 of the Four Seasons around the world.

Second on my trip was the Four Seasons George V after a long drive up from South of France. Checking in, we had the upgrade of a lifetime (I am convinced this sort of thing only happens to people like me once, so I still have stars in my eyes over it). We were given a Honeymoon Suite with a terrace and I could see the Eifle Tower from the window. A separate dining/living space and double doors to a bedroom with master bath off of it.

The moment we arrived from the gorgeous flowers in the lobby through to the impecable service at every turn.

This is one of the top hotels in the world, but they made us feel so very welcome and not at all shy and out of place. Adored every moment. Thank you Four Seasons!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OctM
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you "adored every moment of your stay".
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We just stopped here briefly and were absolutley wowed by everything about this hotel. The finer details were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for the staff and their hospitality hit the exact right note of welcoming andgenuine warmth that si so often missing form many places I stay.
We enjoyed one of the champagne cocktails in the small bar before dining one night and was really impressed with the value for money element that I think is massively undersold here. I paid £56 for two champagne cocktails, but for this the service was impeccable, the atmosphere warm and cosy right by the fire on one of the plump sofas where i snuggled into the cushions, the nibbles included were olives and some fo the finest cheese straws I've ever had, not to mention a really tasty bowl of mixed nuts. Overall I would rather spend a little more but recieve the great experience I did here and it was my partner's life-long ambition to visit here. I would recommend any day!

2 Thank Kate C
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed and kind comment.
We are very pleased that you appreciated the service and the atmosphere of the bar and it is a great honor for us to know that it was a memorable moment for you.
Furthermore, we are delighted to read that you appreciated the warmth of our hotel as we do our best to make sure our customers feel like at home.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,
Warmest Regards,