“Perfection”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #29 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 9, 2013

George V really is the ultimate hotel.

Everything about this establishment is Heavenly.

It is never a disappointment. The rooms are incredibly comfortable, the service is immaculate, the ambiance is warm and cozy and the location is great.

It was just the way it always is: perfect.

We will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharleyToronto
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, we are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us!
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectation on that manner.

We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!

Kindest regards,

Director of Marketing

Write a ReviewReviews (2,538)

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I feel redundant in giving accolades to this amazing hotel. Nearly every reviewer adores this hotel. The service is stellar. The rooms are luxurious: I especially love the yellow striped fabrics on the spreads, etc. It is fantastic to get a street view of George V. I always prefer a view of the street no matter what the city: but especially in Paris. We mostly ate at the Galerie in the hotel...one night we had a huge, multi-course dinner, which can make for a lazy sleepy morning...champagne and good food do not inspire anything but a luxurious chance to relax and sleep in the next day. So, only once, but the Galerie was delicious and we enjoyed a fantastic atmosphere of the parade of people. The service at the FS George V is just so incredibly superb. My only tiniest complaint is it feels as if it's a little hard to be anonymous...we seem to manage to run into acquaintances from home whenever we stay there. Perhaps because the staff are so friendly to Americans, and everyone. Luxury and Paris equals everything I could ever want.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor, regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that you " enjoyed a fantastic atmosphere"

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I have stayed here several times and have never been disappointed. The level of service is amazing. The rooms are beautiful and always spotless the staff is always welcoming. The food has always been superb. Of all the places I have stayed, this is my favorite. The decor is stunning, the floral work that Jeff Latham and crew maintain is a visual treat. The FS George V has the most comfortable beds! It is expensive, but worth it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you this is your favorit hotel .

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Overall a very nice hotel, true 5 star feeling. Very old world, excellent service. Room was nice, but I have stayed at better rooms so far, didn't like the light colours. The flower arrangements are wonderful, of course, it's their signature! The location is good, but not the best of the best. Be prepared to walk (even if it is for 5-10 min only). But don't expect to step out of the door and be in the middle of everything!!! I was pregnant at that time so this WAS an issue for me. I was a little disappointed with the view of our room (only courtyard), but it was ok since we had the least expensive room (to be honest it was an unbelievable deal via a third party). You get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Three_Swords

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We hope to see you again soon at the Four Seasons Hotel George V!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 2, 2013

The George V Paris is perhaps the best hotel in the world. My husband and I returned for a visit for his 50th birthday in November, and just as I remembered, this hotel was superb. From the moment the hotel sent a driver to pick us up from the train station until we were dropped at the airport, we experienced only gracious service and beautiful accommodations. I believe the hotel to be situated in the perfect location in Paris. It easy to walk to most sites in the city, plus many metro stops are close by. It is in an upscale, safe area from which one can enjoy Paris.
Upon arrival, our room was not yet ready at 3:30, but the manager placed us at a table in the bar and treated us with lovely cappuccinos. When our room was ready, we were assigned a lovely room on the front of the hotel, overlooking Avenue George V. We had three large windows across the front of the hotel, letting in abundant sunlight, plus another overlooking the courtyard on the side. I loved having all of the natural light, plus the views. On Remembrance Day, I was treated to a front row view of officers in a horse parade! I opened the windows, watched the parade of horses go by, and listened to their hooves on the cobblestone! There must have been hundreds coming by.
The only problem that we had with our room was complements of upstairs guests on our third night. My husband and I were kept awake most of the night with someone having a party of some sort. We called downstairs around 2:30 in the morning, but, unfortunately the jumping around kept on the rest of the night; our chandelier above our bed was going clink, clink, as the crystals were vibrated for hours! The next morning neither my husband nor I were happy, since we got little sleep. The manager was very apologetic, and he moved our room. The only explanation that we received though was that the people above were "other guests." The room change was flawless though. We did not pack anything ourselves. When we returned from enjoying an afternoon in the city, not only was our room moved, but every single item was replaced in the new room exactly as it was in our original room (everything from eye cream and face wash in the bathroom to the exact order my clothes were hanging in the closet with my shoes placed below)!! I couldn't believe that the hotel had paid such attention to details, but it was very much appreciated.
Our next room was very quiet and very lovely. It was a nice suite and very enjoyable. In both rooms champagne and a small cake were placed for my husband's celebration. The rooms were both spotless, comfortable, well appointed and luxurious.
We ate every morning in The Gallery for breakfast and it was always superb. We also had a lunch and a dinner in The Gallery, and both were excellent. I recommend The Gallery for late afternoon tea too, as it is the most beautiful of spaces and always has music being played on a piano. The bar in the evening is perfect for before-dinner or after-dinner drinks. This visit, we did not dine at Le Cinq but know that it is an excellent restaurant from other visits.
The hotel concierges can do anything! Every restaurant we were interested in, we received a reservation. They helped with shopping and drivers, and the service was always with a warm smile.
I cannot say enough good things about the Four Seasons George V. I dream about my next visit, hopefully in May. It is the perfect Parisian hotel!

Room Tip: I think every room is a great room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is a great reward to read that for you, "It is the perfect Parisian hotel! "

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon in may at the Four Seasons Hotel George V.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent a few nights in this hotel in November. It was a nice stay but unfortunately nothing special. Maybe my expectations were very high... You feel like a part of an expensive and effectively working mechanism. The dinner in their famous restaurant though being delicious was served so quickly, too quickly. It took us 50 mins to finish the dinner - a bit bizzare for a Michelin restaurant. On the other hand there was nothing particularly wrong. So I give 4 stars out of 5 but next time I will go on exploring the hotels in Paris trying to find "my" hotel in this lovely city.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Anna M
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Paris is a beautiful city, and the Four Seasons Hotel George V is a brilliant choice to stay. The hotel is beautiful, interior décor magnificent and the rooms spacious(enough) and classy, yet cosy. You pay for what you get, and at this particular four seasons hotel, you get plenty enough.

The location is great, just a 2 minute walk from the main Champs Elysees shopping street. There are plenty of great restaurants nearby, not to mention the hotel's own in house Michelin-starred restaurant which by personal experience was excellent.

The hotel is everything you'd expect from a 5 or 6 star hotel. Everything except a view. But having said that, staying at this hotel made my stay in paris all the more enjoyable, and i'd certainly come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family