“Amazing hotel and staff”

Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris
Ranked #19 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing hotel and staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Having read mixed reviews about this hotel on Tripadvisor, I was not getting my hopes up too high. My mother and I travelled to France for her birthday and I decided to spend three nights at the FourSeasons. I did book an executive suite, but still did not really know what to expect since I had never stayed at a FourSeasons. We arrived early so our room was not ready. We checked in and the staff was unbelievably sweet and pleasant. I have been to Paris many times and have spent time in hotels of similar quality and those that are quaint, but I have never been to a hotel where every single person was so helpful and cheerful. We went shopping until our room was ready. They called when it was ready and to our delight, they informed us that they were able to give us three upgrades. I love to stay at really nice hotels, but I have never seen anything like this room! It was beautiful and the service was amazing. We had wine, sweets, water, ice...Everthing was catered to us. It was truly a dream vacation in a beautiful city. Plus, which made it so much nicer, the staff was so wonderful.
Personally the only drawback for me is that the location was not in a spot that I was used to. It ended up being fine because we took taxis to most of the places, but I usually prefer to walk and it was far for my mother to walk to some of the museums. Of course, part of the problem with staying at this hotel is that you never want to leave it!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

Just returned from a short stay at thé George V, and it féels to me as if this hotel gets better and better all thé time. Besides the perfect location, which makes it appropriate for all kinds of travellers, be they the business or the holiday type, this hotel offers just the best services I ever enjoyed, and it undoubtedly manages to beat most of the other FourSeasons I have stayed in. Rooms are spacious, greatly furnished and decorated, and ever so pristine. Check-in always on time, great Bulgari ammenities, spectacular breakfast and relaxing atmosphere. Nothing better, after a day of shopping(or tiring business meetings as it was the case for me this time) than to relax with a cup of tea on the flower-covered terrace! Or to have dinner at the Gallery!!! Of course, the price of the room is not a small one, but best things in life never come for free. If only for an unforgettable experience, and George V is worth a try!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank DecoMaster
Scotland and West Mids
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

I decided to surprise my wife with a trip to Paris for her birthday, and I instantly though of the Four Seasons George V.

For a price of 950 euros per night, I was expecting big things from this hotel but in the end I was left deeply disappointed and rather short changed.

From the moment we had arrived, I had a feeling of being misplaced, to the extent that I was too scared to touch or feel anything in case it brought attention to us. We certainly did not feel at home here.The only other time that this feeling occurred was when we both went to the Burj Al Arab in Dubai.

The staff at the George V were okay but not overly friendly or (I personnally felt) would not go that extra mile. It was like they knew we were not Billionaires and perhaps felt that they needed to treated us differently.

The rooms were nothing special. We stayed in a King Size deluxe room and it looked like it was in need of a refurbishment. Hidden inside the TV cabinet lurks a monster (cathode-ray tube) TV. I was surprised as I thought that given the amount of guests that stay here and the prestige of this hotel, a flat screen TV would be expected.

As usual with Four Seasons there are no freebies except that our room rate was bed and breakfast and came with two bottles of water at turn down. The cost of the laundry for two ladies trousers, a pair of undergarments and blouse was a mere 120 euros.

Don't get me wrong, this hotel is truly beautiful and the location is perfect for sightseeing and shopping. Other than that this hotel is nothing special and for the money spent, I would certainly be looking at cheaper high end alternative hotel for our next Paris Trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank ash_and_jai
fsgeorgev, Manager at Four Seasons Hotel George V Paris, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Dear Sir,

We have noted your comments regarding your recent experience at the Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris.

Your feedback is extremely important to us and Marc-Olivier Raffray, Hotel Manager, would like to call you at a convenient time for you to follow up on your visit and comments. I would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time.

I hope we can connect soon and we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely yours,

fax: +33 1 49 52 70 12
email: jackie.dalena@fourseasons.com
qatar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the Four Seasons in June this year for one week. When we arrived we were greeted at reception by the friendly staff who made sure we had everything we needed for our stay. The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained, we also had a flat screen tv to watch before we went out each evening. We spent quite a bit of time around the pool which was great, pool bar handily located, staff regularly walking around with complimentary cold face towels and fruit. One of the best experiences was the Brazilian barbecue cooked by the hotel chefs around the pool, food was top notch. Similarly the night after was an Italian theme with all the usual favorite dishes. My wife booked a massage in the hotel spa which she loved. All through our stay the staff made us feel looked after and were very welcoming so would definitely book here again.

Room Tip: The rooms were spacious, clean and well maintained, we also had a flat screen tv to watch before we...