Tripadvisor

from $42.97
from $31.95
from $110.19
98,953 results
All reviews mona lisa winged victory glass pyramid audio guide plan your visit works of art art lovers take your time skip the line paris pass buy tickets long line visiting paris venus louvre milo paintings
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are in Paris, you have to see the Louvre, of course! Definitely buy your tickets ahead of time on their website, it's makes your life much easier on the day of your visit, as it is always crowded. I also don't think it's required to have a guided tour. I got the basic ticket with the headset and loved it because I wasn't locked into a certain time frame. You must also avoid anyone "selling tickets" outside the museum, they are fake. Once inside, you get a headset and are let loose into the different wings, it's user friendly and easy to navigate. You can choose to spend 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, whatever. You make it what you want it to be! The only con that I can say is that the Mona Lisa is the most difficult to see, yet the biggest attraction there. I never saw it because the line is insane and it's a whole different ticket and payment to see it. I wish they could find a better way to share this piece with everyone! Though other works of art by DaVinci are view-able and honestly, very similar. Highly recommend the Louvre, don't miss it!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

One the places you must visit once in Paris. I didn't like the long queue for the Mona Lisa, I wasn't too bothered to see her, was more interested in other paintings but still had to queue. I wish they could move that painting into some other location of the museum so people who aren't interested can skip the line.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I love museums and so I had high expectations being "the most visited museum in the world". I was a bit disappointed. Mostly I found it hard to navigate. The map had room numbers but the rooms themselves did not so you really couldn't tell where you were. I never to go some halls because I found out that there are actually 3 entrances from the floor and you need to exit one wing to go to another.

Many items had English text in the placard, but they were very brief. Wish there was a better way to learn about each item. (I didn't get the audio guide, but that doesn't cover everything either.)

Some wings of the museum are fabulous - worth a visit just to see the ceilings.

There are obviously many good pieces, and I particularly liked the Darius hall. However overall I thought the British museum had a more expansive and noteworthy collection.

Date of experience: January 2020
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently brought our 10 and 8 year old boys here. It is obviously a site not to be missed and even the boys enjoyed seeing so many iconic paintings, statues and such. It was busy, but that was to be expected.

Date of experience: October 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

On a Monday afternoon in January the museum was over crowded, but everyone was engaged with their phone not the art. A madhouse of pushy people searching for the perfect place to stand while they make a panoramic video. Impossible to enjoy the art. Chasing the euro the Lourve has given up any pretense of a serious venue. It's now merely an attraction for the hoi polloi.

Date of experience: January 2020