“A treasure trove of history” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 1,068 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Island of Malta, Malta
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A treasure trove of history”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

This is the (big daddy) Musee du Louvre all under one roof . we spent hours roaming one hall to another. you need more than day, to see all of it. Our main attraction was the Mona Lisa and the Sword and Dagger of Jean Parisot De Valette
( Gran Master of Malta ) which our capital city is proudly named after him Valletta .

Visited July 2014

• Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A must see that can take more than one day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Despite the long lines to get through security (use the metro entrance), getting a ticket is easy. The Louvre is simply stunning in scope of the exhibits, the quality of the exhibits and the enormous quantity of the exhibits. It is very hard to accurately explain the Louvre. It is not a museum it is a cultural statement of magnificent proportions

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

Don't miss the Egyptian rooms, the Romans and the Greeks. What's an amazing place, buy ur ticket before you go, queuing can take hours.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

The queues were managed effectively and we didn't have to wait too long. Lovely new exhibitions and art work on display.

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Just go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

My ten year old daughter and I had a terrific time at the Louvre! We bought tickets at the vending machines in the entrance hall, got a floor plan from the station at the center of the entrance hall, and then rode the escalators up one floor where we rented two Nintendo 3DS XLs with a Louvre app.

The Nintendo was a huge hit with my daughter! The marvelous thing about the Nintendo was that it enabled my daugter to act as our tour guide since she could easily use it.

The Louvre app wasn't perfect; however, it had many paintings (not all) and exhibits and held my daughter's interest for hours as we wondered through rooms.

We checked out the Mona Lisa right away--my daughter thought it was overrated when compared to the painting across from it which, she was convinced, took more work.

For those who like to research places before seeing them, you can find a lot of information about the Louvre online prior to going. I looked a little; however, in the end, we just wondered through the museum until we were too tired to walk anymore.

I liked the Napolean apartments the best, and if I had been on my own, I would have spent more time on the decorative arts and some of the paintings, especially the Rembrandts.
I would also have liked a human guide who could answer questions and make interesting comments about the art. Because I was with my daughter, I found the Louvre app to be an equally good solution and suspect that this Louvre educational app may just be the tip of the iceberg for the Nintendo's potential for educational uses--educational technology is going to get smaller and a lot more fun.

We ate lunch at one of the cafes, which was fine. Bathrooms seemed in short supply but could still be found. Certainly the Louvre could add more.

I would highly recommend going to the Louvre with a ten year old (or thereabouts in age) and renting the Nintendo 3DS XL if your child at all likes playing with one.

Visited March 2014