“Le Louvre est magnifique”
Review of Musee du Louvre

Ranked #3 of 1,181 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

The Louvre of course deserves it's reputation as one of the world''s museums of art. With such iconic pieces as la Giacomde, better known as the Mona Lisa, plus the armless Venus, this is a must see. Even the museum building is iconic, from the I M Pei glass pyramid entry to the classic Palais de Louvee classic structures.

There are newer reviews for Musee du Louvre

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Amazing value for 12 euros, well worth a visit for all the family. The massive shopping area is also an added bonus for any shopaholics.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

We had a limited amount of time at the Louvre Museum and I wish I could have gone when we had more than a couple of hours to spend. The museum is huge and there was a definite lack of museum employees available to help you find your way if you were looking for something specific (like the Mona Lisa). That said they have a huge help desk in the center of the museum so you can ask there for help in which direction to go (just don't expect to find anyone for help once you leave the desk). We went on a Wednesday night when they were open late so I think the crowds were smaller then which was nice. Fabulous collections and incredible building. I really wish we could have stayed longer so I would highly recommend going when you have 4-5 hours to spend there.

We bought the Paris City Pass that had free admission to many of the museums (including the Louvre) as well as free transportation on the city mass transit system (bus, subway, RER). I would HIGHLY recommend that pass for anyone visiting multiple Paris attractions. The only thing we didn't get into free with throats was the Eiffel Tower.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

You don't have to be an "art person" to appreciate and respect the collection at this museum. We thoroughly enjoyed it. We didn't purchase our tickets ahead of time, and no issue. Waiting time wasn't too bad (it went by faster than we expected). Certainly when in Paris, it has to be on your list when visiting. Yes it can be a bit crowded (and I have low tolerance for big ‘herds’ of people), but to be in Paris and not to visit the Louvre is similar to visiting Paris and never passing by the Eiffel Tower…that would be tragic.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the Louvre. I would have like to have a ticket that spanned a few days and be able to come and go as I pleased. It is impossible to see everything in a day. There are so many exhibits that your head spins as you go from one to another. I didn't have the time to appreciate it to its fullest.