Open today: 9:00 AM - 9:45 PM

from $38.76
from $43.00
from $68.60
91,347 results
All reviews mona lisa winged victory glass pyramid audio guide plan your visit works of art art lovers take your time paris pass skip the line buy tickets long line visiting paris venus louvre milo paintings
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a museum pass, so split the visit into two days. The first afternoon, we started with the Mona Lisa. If there are personal hells, this would be mine.

The heat and stuffiness are beyond horrible. Very difficult to breathe. People are pushing and shoving, and the tour groups are worse than imaginable. They allow photos, so when you finally make your way to the Mona Lisa, all you see are people holding up their arms taking photos. It's really stupid and makes it impossible to appreciate the art at all.

I had to get out of there after that, and it really soured me on the rest of the museum, even though the rest of what we saw was much less chaotic by comparison.

The art is some of the most impressive in the world, without a doubt. It would receive 5 stars. But the museum experience was not good. Some kind of crowd control is needed...or at least some better ventilation system in July.

If we went during the off season, perhaps my experience would be completely different. But as it was, the Louvre was my least favorite part of Paris. I enjoyed the gardens outside and the Musée d'Orsay much more.

1  Thank Jaclynt
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am not a museum lover but it is worth visiting. I just wanted to see Mona Lisa's painting. We had our Paris Pass so we didn't have to queue.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Wonderful experience,what can I say,to see the great Mona Lisa!There is also a nice restaurant.Allow enough time to see all the exhibits,there is so much to see.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Not a favorite, especially main galleries. Get the Museum pass to skip the incredible lines. Lots of stuff, but incoherent, and with the seething mass of humanity, not really enjoyable

1  Thank j s
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I know this is not for everyone, but since we only had a few days in Paris but so many places on my list, I only allocated a morning for it. Rick Steves has suggested a list of essentials to see, and we followed it.

Arriving at about 9:45am, we saw the most important pieces like Milo de Venus, The Winged Victory, and Mona Lisa, and we were done within 2 hours. We did take lots of photos and stopped to admire many pieces, and still had plenty of time to spare. The key here is to not follow the crowds if you can!

We were somewhat worried about the children pickpockets that recently caused the museum to be closed for a day, but that never was an issue and I did not witness any problems. Perhaps they have improved the security there now.

If you have more time, certainly you should spend a whole day there, as there are so many pieces of work there, waiting for you to explore!

Tip: Get a Paris Museum Pass BEFORE coming to the museum, and you will be able to enter at the pyramid, avoid all the queues.

1  Thank MARK L