“Add the Mona Lisa to your bucket list”
Review of Louvre Museum

Louvre Museum
Ranked #8 of 2,252 things to do in Paris
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Home to Leonardo da Vinci's Mona Lisa, the Louvre is considered the world's greatest art museum, with an unparalleled collection of items covering the full spectrum of art through the ages.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Arrive early, use the fast pass option and enter through the carousel shopping centre.

but please be aware of the people who seen to scramble once the doors are opened. they literally run past the security, and then stand in quiet awe in front of the Mona Lisa? quite bizarre.

The Louvre could take a day to tour, but after a while it becomes a bit of the same .. again..

i suugest a little preperation before hand to decide what areas you want to see. the do that. otherwise you just wander around gazing at evrything without really taking it all in.

Write a ReviewReviews (91,226)
All reviews
in 2,600 reviews
"paintings"
in 4,800 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Of course it is fantastic to get close to some of the most famous art pieces in the world - no least Mona Lisa. But do come early; we were there at app 9.30 and has easy access to the museum and Mona Lisa. Only a few hours later it was almost imposible to get around on the first floor.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Upon heading to Paris, my friends and I were told the museum was a MUST SEE in Paris! We wanted to see the Mona Lisa so we decided to go. The line up wasn't long to get in but the line up to pay was huge! We decided to go see the exhibits we wanted to go see since we were only spending the day there- upon arriving at the first exhibit, we realized that in front of the statues and paintings, the explanations were only in French! My friends and I spoke a little French but not enough to actually know what the statue/painting was about! We were very disappointed - with so many tourists coming from around the world, how can you not have English explanations?? We ended up spending 11 euros to see the Mona Lisa and leave.

3  Thank Threebrokegirls
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We had a 1 day trip to Paris from London. We thought we would just walk past the Louvre, because we had heard about the long lines to get in. Well, the line was short, we got in in about 20 minutes, and headed toward Mona. The treasures we passed along the way were amazing, such as the Venus de Milo, amazed me. as did the painted ceilings and architecture. Yes, the room with the Mona Lisa was crowded, but as New Yorkers we wiggled through to the front and snapped a photo. We spent about 2 hours there, and obviously could have stayed longer. It was marvelous to be there and I am glad we made it.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We brought our tickets online I thought they were etickets turns out they aren't and you have to go pick them up from the outskirts of Paris! Ok luckily I have a friend who lives in Paris and took us to the place we needed to go to pick up the tickets. It's in La Grande Arche La Defence at the end of metro line 1 (la defence- no relation to defence forces) there is a shopping mall there and inside closest to the Arche is a shop on the second floor that sells music and DVDs it has a sign that says 'billets'. You get your tickets there.

We spent the day shopping there it has some good shops. It is the office district for companies and safe.

We went to the Louvre tickets in hand only to be told it was free that day! The lines in the afternoon were massive and I would say not worth the wait to be honest so go early. If you have a baby or wheelchair you can go right it with whomever is with you if you have pew purchased tickets.

We spent the whole time just walking around trying to read the map( yes I'm a woman) and couldn't so just asked the Louvre people who spoke English. I had a baby which is always difficult to have in France but there are lifts mostly. It isn't a good experience really with kids, far to crowded and big. Find what you want to see and go to it otherwise you will walk around for hours and end up with sore feet. The place will totally disorientated you!
I personally would prefer a smaller museums and have been to better. I wouldn't go back again.
However in saying that I do love the palace grounds.