“Good boutique hotel in a central location”
Review of Hotel le Tourville

Hotel le Tourville
Ranked #107 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Accra, Ghana
“Good boutique hotel in a central location”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Located right near the Ecole Militare Metro stop and a few minutes walk to the Eifel Tower, Hotel Le Tourville is in a handy location. The rooms are a reasonable size by Parisian standards, some with ok street scape views. The breakfast is also ok by European standards - freshly squeezed the orang juice was a pleasant surprise. The staff were mostly friendly and welcoming, although this is Paris, so expectations about customer service were suitably low. The woman serving breakfast must suck a lemon every morning before she turns up for work and everything seems just too much hassle, but she was the exception to otherwise helpful staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Tourville, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Alby Mangles,

First of all I would like to thank you for your visit at le Tourville, and for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor.

Be sure they will be transmitted to the entire team as your words will be a great source of motivation for everybody.

I do hope to welcome you again on your next visit.

Sincerly yours,

Operating Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Denver, CO
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After staying at Le Walt last year, which was nice, I stayed at Le Tourville this year as it had been redone and it was closer to family I have there. I was pleasantly surprised! Isabelle, at reception, was fabulous and just the person you want to see after a long flight. She was friendly, helpful and knowledgable. The room was actually bigger than I anticipated and was very comfortable, well-decorated and clean. The master switch for all the lights and outlets, mentioned in another review was not a problem for me. I just left it on at night so I could charge my iPad and turned each light off at their switches. No problem! The internet was free but did kick you off if you hadn't used it in a few minutes. I'd have to keep logging back on. A little irritating, but nothing I couldn't take care of. It was nice to have a mini fridge in the room. (Good for keeping snacks or drinks cool.) But I'd have to say that the best part of my hotel stay was breakfast in the morning. There was a good selection of food, but the reason it was my favorite thing was because of Ann-Marie. She was always smiling and friendly in the morning and would chat a little. She'd make sure that you always had enough coffee or breads. She might even bring you another croissant if you ate the other two. She knew that being from the US we liked our eggs a little more well-done than they normally cook them. She would go in the back and whip up some more eggs for us just to our liking. Overall, this hotel is in a great area, close to many touristy and non-touristy things, was comfortable and clean and superior in the customer service area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the street will be a little noisier than the courtyard room I had. The courtyard room view...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Tourville, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear Customer,

How nice it is to read that our customers are happy!
Thank you very much for your visit and the time you took to leave a comment on TripAdvisor, your words are greatly appreciated especially by Anne-Marie and myself!

We do hope to welcome you again on your next visit to Paris.

Regards,

jefferson
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed 9 nights and had a very enjoyable experience. The staff was very helpful even to the extent of helping me with my calling card to call home when I couldn't figure it out! Our room was cozy and comfortable. We particularly enjoyed Ann Marie, the friendly lady who served our breakfast every morning. She was so delightful and had such a spring in her step trying to give us the best service possible. My husband and I enjoyed a cocktail and some cheese we had purchased in the beautiful lobby that was lit with candles every evening. The staff was helpful also with giving directions and making our taxi arrangements. We would stay there again if we have the opportunity to vist lovely Paris. Thank you all at Le Tourville!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Tourville, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Kathleen,

First of all, let me thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your impressions are important in order to always improve our services.

I am sure the staff will be happy to read your nice words, especially Anne-Marie who is always trying to make the breakfast the nicest meal of the day!

Thank you again for your encouraging comments and we all hope to receive you again on your next visit to Paris.

Best regards,

Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The hotel is easy to get to from the train station. Its super close to the Eiffel Tower which is really nice. Other then the tower we didn't think that it was a great location. The room was nice. The bed was comfortable and more roomy then we were expecting. There were some issues - the free wifi had to constantly be re logged into - it didn't remember your log in. The staff wasn't friendly or helpful. The room has a master power switch which is really annoying because when you want to turn the lights out at night it turns the power off for all the outlets - so you can't charge anything - such as a camera or a computer. Also they have deliveries in the middle of the night - they roll carts down the sidewalk, through the hotel and up the stairs. They really don't seem to care much about customer service or have the slightest idea where to start.. Although the room is clean and nice to look at, it wasn't a place that we would stay at again.

Dear Emily,

First of all I would like to thank you for your visit at the hotel le Tourville and for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

I am very sorry you felt you had a bad experience with us, and please be sure all your impressions will be considered with the greatest intention.

Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here in early May for 5 nights.

The good:
Good location - very close to Eiffel Tower, metro stop, and relatively walkable distance to some museums and the St Germaine area.
Nice modern appointments in the room. Bed was comfy.
Wifi works well when you stay connected.
Decently competitve price to comparable hotels.

The bad:
Staff is not the friendliest or the most helpful.
While room was cleaned everyday - not the best attention to detail. We found a rag left behind as well as a toilet scrubber.
Had to keep logging into wifi - would not automatically recognize your previous log-in if you are idle for too long.
Room was definitely small but again, comparable to standard room sizes in Paris.

While I would not refrain from recommending the hotel, we will not stay here again should we visit Paris in the future.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a bigger room.
Dear DK,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your visit at the hotel le Tourville and for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your impressions are important for us in order to always try to improve our services.

I have taken good note of your complain regarding our Wifi service and will have to check why it kept logging you off.

If you ever come back to Paris, I do hope you will want to try oneof our other hôtels from the Inwood group.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is very easy to get to if like me you arrive from London by Eurostar- don't waste your money on taxi, take a Metro, with one change and a short walk from the station you arrive at the hotel. We had free WIFI and free soft drinks in the minibar, staff are very friendly and helpful. The only negative for me was that when we booked the room i asked for it to have a city view and not a court yard if possible, i received a reply saying all twin rooms have city view but when we arrived we were given courtyard room ((( Also i booked twin room and asked for 2 separate beds- when we arrived the beds were together (to the horror of my teenage son), after minor readjustment of furniture and pushing the beds apart we were fine. Apart from that our stay was enjoyable and i would come back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sputnik,

Thank you very much for your visit at the hotel le Tourville and for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback will help us improve our services. We are sorry about the room you have been given that were not facing the street as requested. Please note that we always try to respect our customers demand but cannot guarantee at 100% any specal requests.

We do hope to welcome you again on your next visit, and thank you again for your time.

Sincerly yours,

Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Despite the good location, this hotel has MANY flaws. This 4* should be a 3* hotel. If you have a family with kids, don't stay in this hotel. It does not have rooms with connected doors and they don't state that on the hotel website. The classic rooms are very small with VERY tiny bathrooms. They don't clean the hallways which are always trashy. They don't even fill up the room with all the emnities available. The elevator is too small; it won't fit a stroller. The bathroom door was broken and when they said they fixed it, it was still unfixed! The door knob kept falling! And the door would get stuck at times! The mugs they provided were not clean. They obviously looked like they were not changed from one stay to another. I assume they were just washed with water in the bathroom sink and turn placed back! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013
Vainney L, Responsable relations clients at Hotel le Tourville, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Evilmisspolite,

Thank you for your visit and for sharing your impression on TripAdvisor.
We have taken good note of your remarks regarding the size of our rooms and of course our Classical rooms should not be booked for a family with kids. We strongly advise you to try one of our Junior Suite which will be more suitable.

Thank you again for your comments ans best regards,

Isabelle Meriaux