“Fabulous hotel, wonderful staff”
Review of Hotel le Tourville

Hotel le Tourville
Ranked #95 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
New Westminster, Canada
“Fabulous hotel, wonderful staff”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Fabulous renovated hotel that retains charm. We booked a superior room online and received a beautiful, clean, quiet room facing the street exactly like the hotel's photographs. It had a modern bathroom, wonderfully comfortable fresh bed, and plump towels. Hotel le Tourville is centrally located to cafes, the Metro, and attractions. Wonderful, multi-lingual staff were extremely helpful, always smiling. We made an error in our booking and needed to stay an extra night at the last minute. The hotel and staff graciously accommodated us that extra night without any inconvenience to us and were more worried that we might have missed our return flight than any difficulty we might have caused them. We cannot thank them enough for making our first stay in Paris a wonderful experience and will stay there again next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Hotel Tourville is a block from the metro and three blocks from Rue Cler, very convenient. I have stayed near Rue Cler before, it is my location of choice when in Paris. The rooms were quite spacious for a Paris hotel and very comfortable. The hotel decor is pleasing, the rooms and lobby clean and uncluttered. The staff were very attentive and helpful. I was having trouble printing my online purchased Versailles tickets at midnight the day before our visit and the gentleman at the lobby desk willingly and happily helped me get them printed which was not a simple task mind you. I didn't take the breakfast at the hotel (additional cost) I prefer to walk down to Rue Cler for a croissant and cafe latte each morning on my way to the sights but my friends did and said it was a good offering. I will definitely stay here again when in Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel is very conveniently located near the Eiffel Tower. There are lots of grocery shops ad restaurants nearby, which are open till late at night (we had Japanese food at 11 PM at night). The interior is very modern and well-decorated. It's very clean as well. The receptionist is reasonably helpful and friendly. Although she was unable to give me another room (I was given one on the 2nd floor, beside the lift), she did ask if I had a nice night's sleep and came up to pass me the password for wifi when I ask for it.

It was really cramped, though. The lift was very, very small. Only 2 people or 1 person with 1 luggage can go up in it at a time. There was hardly any room to walk around, let alone place my luggage, in the room. The bathroom was tiny.

When it rained at night, the noise on the window pane was unbearable, but at least the streets were quiet and I was not disturbed by either the lift or the neighbours.

Breakfast was simple but very, very delicious. The French truly has cooking down to an art.

Overall, I would come back again if budget affords; the hotel is pretty pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The location of this hotel is very good, close to the Eiffel Tower and the open top tour bus actually passes the front of the hotel and stops about 100 yards away from the front door! The rooms are very small (possibly the smallest I've ever stayed in), but they are very clean and modern. The bathroom is also very small but has everything we needed. The hotel staff are excellent and speak perfect English. We didn't go for the breakfast option as it is €16 each and there are better options around the corner (large selection of cafes) which are cheaper. The room was expensive and small but this is evened out by the excellent location and helpful staff. There are no in-room kettles but the reception staff provided hot water and milk on request. The next time we are in Paris we would consider staying here again and and I would recommend it based on the location and standard of accommodation, as long as you don't mind small rooms.

1 Thank Bluemantraveller
Redmond, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We really enjoyed our recent stay at the hotel, the room was small but modern and had everything we needed. Staff was really helpful and friendly, everyone we spoke to knew English well. It was very clean and quiet, we were in the 3rd floor facing the Avenue. Location was great, just a few blocks from the Eiffel tower, less than a block from Ecole Militaire subway station and a couple of blocks from the L'Open Tour hop-on/hop-off bus stop that we took for a few days. Also, several restaurants to eat around the corner.

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are a family with 2 small kids that reserved a family room. 3 hours before arriving in Paris, we called the hotel just to confirm the booking, and we were informed that the booking was cancelled because the room was in renovation. They just forgot to tell us.

I hope this message helps other tourists to do not go through a problem like this, arriving late night with small children and finding out that his booking was cancelled....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
11 Thank renatoabramovic... a
Monroeville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 11, 2012

First off let me say, that any remodeling project anyone has ever done is never done when you want it to be. That being said, while the Hotel Le Tourville was reopened on the 18th of June, it still had some items to be completed. BUT DO NOT LET THAT STOP YOU FROM STAYING HERE! This hotel is Fabulous!!!!!

A special thank you to Alexandra who had to put of with a crazed US traveler—that would be me—trying to confirm the hotel room. We had 3 people in my party and booked a Junior Suite through the Hotels.com website for 4 nights. Due to some technical phone issues, I was finally able to get a hold of Alexandra the day of my arrival and she assured me that we would have a room. Since the Junior Suite that we originally booked was not ready yet, we were put in room on the 6th floor that I think was an Executive Suite—1 king and 2 Twins so everyone had their own bed. With the smell of fresh paint diminishing the room was spotless. The bathroom was spectacular with double sinks, a huge whirlpool tub and great shower stall. The soaps and amenities that were included in the bathroom were very good as well. (Also, if you look out the skylight window by the toilet, you can see the Eiffle Tower) The beds while seeming too firm when sitting on them were very comfortable when sleeping after long days of walking. We had free Wi/Fi and you just need to ask the front desk to give each person in your party a login for the entire stay.

As for the rest of the hotel, while I had seen previous reviews that the elevator was small, it has to be remembered that this hotel was considered a Townhouse in “it’s” day. It is small but the alternative for us would have been 6 flights of a narrow circular staircase that is beautiful, by the way, but would have had to be repainted from me bumping my extremely large/heavy suitcase up it. In the end we waited patiently for the elevator to take turns when leaving the hotel on our departure day. During our stay we were able to fit all three of us comfortably in it. (and if there was a problem with the elevator being down—it would be nothing to climb those stairs after climbing to the top of Notre Dame)

As for the breakfast at the hotel, none of us are real morning people so we were better off just picking up a baguette and fruit at the local market down the street. I did take a look at the breakfast area and noted that it was very nice.

One of the reasons I chose this hotel, in addition to having a junior or executive suite was the location. I am so glad that we were able to stay here. It was so easy to get to. We took the Metro from the Gare Du Nord with one change to the Ecolé Militare (#8) stop and as you exit the station (with an escalator-thankfully) you walk straight to the corner, cross the street towards the Tourville Restaurant and go straight from there for a couple minutes and you find yourself at the hotel. The streets were quiet and safe as we actually did not get back from Disney Paris one night until almost 1:30am.

There are many busy restaurants in the area that we didn’t try, as we were out touring from morning until night and we were also with a picky teenage, so we stuck with the street vendors in the tourist places (Fabulous baguette hotdogs and ham/cheese crepes) But for a quick bite in the evening, there is a little Bagel place (that for some reason does not open for breakfast but is open in the afternoon and evening) right down the street that makes really good sandwiches. Also, thanks to Alexandra we were able to find a McDonalds for the picky teenager that is a quick and easy 15 minute walk away that is close to the next Metro stop on the #8 line. We literally did a 6 hour circuit from the hotel to the Les Invalides, across the beautiful Pont Alexandre bridge, past the Grand and Petit Palace up the Champs Elysee to the Arc De Triumph down to the Trocadero to the Eiffle Tower and then a short 10 minute walk back to the hotel from there.

All in all, this hotel was one of the best things we liked about our trip. It was clean, the staff was friendly and easy to communicate with (I did not get past lesson 3 on my Rosetta Stone French before leaving the US). This hotel is perfect for anyone who has more that two people in their party, staying for a couple days, and using the metro or their feet to get around.

Room Tip: if you have more than two people staying definitely spend the extra for a junior or executive suite