All reviewsmarais districtrooms are smallnotre damecharming hotelsoft boiled eggextra coffeeshower curtainfront facingcroissantssaint paulstreet facing roomwriting deskpain au chocolateparisian experiencetop floorperfect locationbreakfast room
Reviewed June 8, 2006

We stayed for 6 nights in May. Had a front room. What a superb location, only minutes to the river. The marais is beautiful. Staff here are wonderful, very helpful in arranging taxi.
I highly recommend the breakfast at the hotel, well worth the price.
I also recommend dinner at Le Philosphe just up the street (Temple).

• Stayed: May 2006
7  Thank Explore4768
Reviewed May 28, 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Caron de Beaumarchais hotel for 2 nights in May of 2006. We had read an article in a magazine about the hotel and wanted to see what it was like. We were very satisfied with the accomodations and virtually had no complaints. We had one of the more expensive rooms on the 2nd floor facing the street with a small balcony that had a table and 2 chairs. We were able to have a drink out on the balcony and people watch. The room was furnished with antiques and had a beautiful beamed ceiling and a chandelier. The bathroom was in good shape with a full tub and shower, although the tub was quite small compared to North American standards. The only minor complaint I guess that I would have was that I found the mattress a little too soft. It wasn't so bad that I woke up with a sore back or anything.

The hotel is located in one of the nicer districts in Paris, Le Marais, with many shops, cafes, restaurants and museums in the area. We had some good meals nearby and were able to walk to the Picasso Museum a few streets away. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. We did not eat breadfast at the hotel, but it was about 10 Euros. The Metro is within a 10 minute walk up the Rue Rivoli and it is the Hotel de Ville station. Very easy to get to the hotel from the Metro even with luggage.

I would recommend this hotel for it's comfort, decor and location.

10  Thank ianmap
Reviewed May 25, 2006

I am giving this hotel a 4 star because I really loved the location and the staff were very polite and friendly. However, we had a courtyard room and, as other reviewers mentioned, the courtyard rooms are not very nice at all. In fact, there is no courtyard. What they call a courtyard is an air-shaft with a tiny fake garden and a light. The room was extremely small (I live in New York and it was still small for me!) and the shower was quite strange and hard to use.

That being said, we absolutely loved the location with all the wonderful shops and restaurants nearby (the cafe across the road has the best coffee!) and being so close to the Seine is very romantic.

We would stay there again but not if we have a courtyard room.

Bottomline: Don't stay here if they offer you a courtyard room. You can find much better places elsewhere.

• Stayed: May 2006
15  Thank flygirljane
Reviewed May 15, 2006

What a location!!!!!!!!! -- on the right back between Hotel de Ville and the Marais. Great bistros down the street, a jazz club 10 minutes walk away, shopping to keep one fully occupied. During the day the owner staffs the desk and is most helpful in arranging/confirming dinners, tours, cabs. The evening and weekend receptionists also wonderful folks. The 19 rooms are small...but the high, wood- beamed ceiling makes them seem so much larger. We had a room in the front -- surprisingly quiet -- with a baloney and small table and chairs. Very personal place right in the middle of everything.

• Stayed: April 2006
5  Thank WhatsTheNextTrip
Reviewed May 6, 2006

We stayed at the Caron de Beaumarchais over Easter weekend. Unfortunately Air France delivered my suitcase (with all my clothes in) to Disneyland for the weekend! (We got it back a day before we flew home!)

The hotel staff could not have been more helpful. They phoned Air France every day, and they also phoned the Disneyland hotel to track the suitcase down. We would not have got it back if not for them.

In addition, they gave us (& I think every guest) a lovely nutty chocolate easter egg in our room.

The room (described as courtyard) was small, but very pretty, with ancient beams and an excellent bathroom. Not much hanging space (so perhaps lucky I didn't have my clothes!).

The location is superb - a five minute walk to Notre Dame. Very close to St Pauls metro.

It is very good value, and I would definitely go back. Our favourite restaurant locally was La Marocaine on Rue Francois-Bourgois, just south of St Paul metro. They did a beautiful 3 course lunch for 12 euro.

• Stayed: April 2006