“Great location”

Ranked #104 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
West Hollywood, California
“Great location”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Like most hotels in Paris, the room and bathroom were very small but still very charming. I liked the antique touches. The owner attends the front desk most times and he is very nice and speaks English! His dog, Bobby, a black terrier was so cute and friendly, too. The location cannot be beat. Right in the heart of Marais near Notre Dame with all kinds of restaurants and little shops. The hotel is very well priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed there in April of 2013 though the system wouldn't let me input that month!! t loved this charming little place. Wonderful location, and best of all, the people who work there are the best. Genevieve was lovely, and Phillippe was amazing to me -- so kind and helpful!! It's a terrific, safe neighborhood, and I loved both the hotel and the neighborhood.

Room Tip: I traveled there in April, 2013 but system wouldn't let me input this month!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank rhodeislandaccent
Haverford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Location, Location, Location... In the trendy Marais section of Paris....a few steps from the Metro, the Bus, the Batobus....take your pick or do different modes of travel on different days, for fun or convenience...or just walk everywhere from the Notre Dame at one end ( 3 minutes) to the Louvre ( 5 -6 minutes) and the Opera nearby to the Eiffel Tower at the other, with stops at any of the many brasseries for a cafe and to soak up the ambiance and gorgeous unparalleled views of stunning architecture bordering both sides of the Seine....an umbrella is a must in April!

Charm galore.... From the first view of the colorful Parisian blue entry doors and woodwork trim to the small reception salon with antique piano and harp, crystal chandelier, and floral print fabric lining the walls and little indoor garden beyond with red anthurium, you're transported back to the 18th/19th centuries of warm elegance. Each of the rooms, small though they are, is individually decorated with a lovely crystal chandelier, colorful fabric walls, and period furniture....and modern plumbing in the charming blue and white, marble tiled baths! (Spoiled that I am, I love a hot bath!). The small lift (elevator) works well. With rods and screws in my back, I didn't want to waste my steps going up and down stairs to the 4th floor! Thus, was able to save my limited mobility for the Parisian museums/sites!

Fabulous staff!.... From Alain and Sebastien to Genevieve and Vincent( and anyone else I may have forgotten to mention) , the staff was welcoming, making us feel right at home, even when I got tongue-tied going back and forth from French to English...they all speak both and will help you with reservations or suggestions and directions, as well as engaging in interesting conversation like old friends, sharing stories as we shared our daily adventures with them. Between Natalie, with her bright cheery smile and Se....(sp?), our rooms/bath were kept spotless and breakfast either brought to our room quickly when called for or prepared in the breakfast room downstairs where we met other visitors from around the world who were equally enchanted with this boutique hotel.....And not to forget, the inimitable Bobby, the adorable black Scottie (dog) who kept me from missing my Siberian Husky back home.

Although I have been to Paris many times since a little girl, this was a first time for the friend with whom I was traveling and for both of us, this was the perfect place to wake up in the Paris mornings and lay down our weary, museum-filled bodies at night for a good night's sleep ( soft, yet comfy beds for those of us with bad backs), preparing for the next day's adventure. We will return! Merci a tout a LHotel Caron de Beaumarchais! A bientot, Fredrica

Room Tip: I relied on the advice of the staff who advised us to spring for the extra 10 euros/night for the sl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Freddrica
jakarta
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This hotel looks like a postcard picture came to life. So charming. For those who tend to avoid chain hotel and rather be in a typically parisian charming boutique instead, this is a perfect choice.

To begin with it’s hard to find a nice place to stay in Paris with decent price. Caron de Beaumarchais is located in Marais, which to me is probably the best area in Paris. From the hotel it takes 10 minutes to walk across the island to get to Notre Dame, and there are also so many great shops/cafes/restaurant around. My favorite Rue de Rosiers is few blocks away, where you can find great crepe (Le Droguerie), falafel (so many choices), pastry (Le Loir dans Theiere) and legendary Jewish bakery (Sacha Finkelsztajn for the sandwiches, Korcarz for its poppy seeds cake). There’s practically Monoprix next to the hotel and there are 2 metro station nearby (Hotel de Ville and St. Paul). The room is obviously small, but more than what one can expect from Paris standard.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank calamity_dv
Nashville
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My company usually books this hotel for us. Hence, we've stayed here on several visits to Paris in the last two years, usually booking two rooms--one for my 12 yo dd who loves the idea of having her own hotel room in Paris and one for the two of us. Antiques strategically placed throughout; fabric wallpaper, early modern theme. Le Mariage de Figaro is one of my favorite French comedies. Clean and well kept up--of premium importance to me--with a helpful staff. I like that you could have le petit-dej delivered to your room. The Marais is a great area of Paris. We would definitely stay here again on our own dime.

Room Tip: Love two rooms frontside with balcony. It was still quiet at this time of year. Thing can get a bit...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I enjoyed my first visit to this charming boutique hotel in Paris in 1991. Loved it then and love it now. On my first visit I stayed in a top floor "garret" room with a tiny balcony. This time I stayed in a front room . Very quiet in spite of the fact that we were over the street. Typical European room. Small but very comfortable. Beautifully decorated in French fabrics and furniture. The owner told me they were getting ready to refresh everything.
Perfect location! Walkable to Notre Dame, Louvre, D'Orsay, Pompedieu. Very close to several metro stations. Marais section in old Jewish quarter. Beautiful little shops and some great restaurants.
What cements the Caron de Beaumarchais as the place to be is the owner and staff. Philippe was on duty when we arrived. Our rooms were ready even though it was only about 10 AM. He was full of helpful information and French grace and manners. Welcome to Paris.
We spent the day touring and then met Alain, the owner upon our return.
He is unbelievable. He spent hours with us. Helping us plan meals, touring ideas, shopping ideas. He was on the phone for what must have felt like days helping us with our rent a car. I usually pick up cars at the airport for ease of pick up and drop off. Our traveling companion wanted to pick it up closer to the hotel. Then we started worrying about the size of the vehicle as we were 4 adults and a ton of luggage. Alain and Etienne sorted everything out with no regard to the herculean effort it took.
Yes the rooms are small but I stayed at the Intercontinental my first visit to Paris for 3x's the price and the room was not much larger.
How much do I believe in this hotel? I am a travel agent. They do not pay a commission and I still book clients here whenever someone is going to Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolpanam
alain B, Propriétaire at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Carole,
What a pleasure of your second visit after 20 years.
Renovation: we renovated already twice since we opened in 1993 (not 1991). The decor has been totally refreshed. I was explaining you that we are always working to keep the hotel in the best conditions: important works of paintings and renovation of the bathrooms in 2012 and 2013...
With all my best souvenir,
Alain Bigeard, the Owner
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I LOVE this hotel! This will be my 8th time to visit Paris. I have done the George V, Hotel Intercontinental, Ritz and on down the list from luxury to boutique hotels. This is by far the BEST place. It is the perfect representation of true French hospitality, graciousness, charm, decor, location, view, excellent food, etc. etc. In fact, I have chosen to stay here for my upcoming honeymoon this spring. My fiance' has never been to Europe and I am looking forward to staying somewhere I know he will be impressed and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a true European experience. Suzanne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family