“Welcome to Paris”

Ranked #104 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Welcome to Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I enjoyed my first visit to this charming boutique hotel in Paris in 1991. Loved it then and love it now. On my first visit I stayed in a top floor "garret" room with a tiny balcony. This time I stayed in a front room . Very quiet in spite of the fact that we were over the street. Typical European room. Small but very comfortable. Beautifully decorated in French fabrics and furniture. The owner told me they were getting ready to refresh everything.
Perfect location! Walkable to Notre Dame, Louvre, D'Orsay, Pompedieu. Very close to several metro stations. Marais section in old Jewish quarter. Beautiful little shops and some great restaurants.
What cements the Caron de Beaumarchais as the place to be is the owner and staff. Philippe was on duty when we arrived. Our rooms were ready even though it was only about 10 AM. He was full of helpful information and French grace and manners. Welcome to Paris.
We spent the day touring and then met Alain, the owner upon our return.
He is unbelievable. He spent hours with us. Helping us plan meals, touring ideas, shopping ideas. He was on the phone for what must have felt like days helping us with our rent a car. I usually pick up cars at the airport for ease of pick up and drop off. Our traveling companion wanted to pick it up closer to the hotel. Then we started worrying about the size of the vehicle as we were 4 adults and a ton of luggage. Alain and Etienne sorted everything out with no regard to the herculean effort it took.
Yes the rooms are small but I stayed at the Intercontinental my first visit to Paris for 3x's the price and the room was not much larger.
How much do I believe in this hotel? I am a travel agent. They do not pay a commission and I still book clients here whenever someone is going to Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carolpanam
alain B, Propriétaire at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Carole,
What a pleasure of your second visit after 20 years.
Renovation: we renovated already twice since we opened in 1993 (not 1991). The decor has been totally refreshed. I was explaining you that we are always working to keep the hotel in the best conditions: important works of paintings and renovation of the bathrooms in 2012 and 2013...
With all my best souvenir,
Alain Bigeard, the Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

I LOVE this hotel! This will be my 8th time to visit Paris. I have done the George V, Hotel Intercontinental, Ritz and on down the list from luxury to boutique hotels. This is by far the BEST place. It is the perfect representation of true French hospitality, graciousness, charm, decor, location, view, excellent food, etc. etc. In fact, I have chosen to stay here for my upcoming honeymoon this spring. My fiance' has never been to Europe and I am looking forward to staying somewhere I know he will be impressed and comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a true European experience. Suzanne

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Suzanne H
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

A nice small hotel in Marais, housed in a very old renaissance building with a lot of history.
Location: Prefect. in the heart of Marais, right next to Rue Rivoli, and very close to all public transport.
Room: VERY small, literally only one person can be standing at any time. Quite clean, however, they don't have duvets, rather they have only woollen blankets that obviously aren't washed very often, as we found a toothpick tangled in ours. We didn't report this as overall we were satisfied with our room.
Breakfast: Not included in the price, an extra 13 euros per person. We had ours in bed on one occasion and it wad great. Fresh bread and croissants, lovely coffee, juice, boiled eggs, fresh marmalades...
Philippe at reception was very accommodating and polite, always willing to help us with info and tips.
We asked for late checkout on a Monday (obviously not fully booked) and were charged 50% which I didn't like too much.
Overall for 165/155 euros per night this hotel is a good choice and I would recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CarpeDiem14
alain B, Propriétaire at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Madam, dear Sir,
Your answer is very rude: 50% for a late check out with our reasonable rates? I understand you expected 100%. You should refuse our kind proposal. This is not the right way to use Tripadvisor.
Blankets: an accident can arrive and I do apologize. Did you even told us? I don't think so. We will have changed it immediately. Did you asked for a larger room?? I don't think so. We would also helped you to find another hotel, -many good places have duvets (not so easy to clean)- for a better stay. Our blankets are not in wool but in cashmere, they are brand new (July 2013) and I guess far more comfortable for a late check out.
Alain BIGEARD, the Owner
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

Paris, as you know, has so many hotels in all budgets (but mostly high) that it becomes mind-boggling to even know where to begin to look for the best hotel for your plans. That was what I faced when planning this trip. We were traveling France for 1 month and ending up in Paris. We decided to stay for 4 nights only, and needed a good location to complete these plans.

I found that Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais was recommended in several travel guides and was rated very highly by TripAdvisor and Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais is just as lovely as all the pictures, however do note that it is a very small and compact hotel....but charming nonetheless. Located in the heart of the Marais section of Paris, it offers an easy walk to Notre Dame, the Seine River, Sainte Chapelle, the Pompidou Center, Place des Vosges, Place de la Bastille, Il St. Louis, the Latin Quarter, plus many other smaller historical places. Restaurants abound on every corner and shops are everywhere too. Metro station is a quick 5 minute walk and will get you everywhere else you want to go.

While our room (in the back of the house) was small, it actually allowed space for our suitcases to be stashed without having to move them every time you walked around the room/bed. There were 2 closets, one for my husband and one for me, a cute table if you wanted coffee in your room, TV, a very compact but modern bathroom with lovely amenities including terry cloth robes.

The breakfast offered was really too much for one person, so we shared it the one day we enjoyed breakfast in. So, you can share the breakfast if you need to eat first thing when you get up. There is an elevator in the hotel, so you don't have to worry about carrying your bags up (we were on the 6th floor). I think there are only about 18 rooms in the hotel.

All staff members were extremely well mannered and very accommodating, offering restaurant suggestions and making reservations if we wanted. When my husband and I travel, we always try to find clean, good value hotels (which tend to be 2-3 star hotels in Europe which are usually less expensive), rather than spending our money on the typical American-type hotels.....we have more money to enjoy our touring, shopping, food and wine! So, when I find a hotel that goes beyond what one would expect from a 2-3 star facility, it it worth noting.

We made our return reservation to the airport through the hotel for van service, but when the day came to leave, the van never showed. A very apologetic general manager said that the van service is not reliable, but was quick to get us a cab and even offered us some money to help defray the added cost.

My husband said he would definitely return to this hotel, so even with all the frou-frou of this hotel, which usually pleases us women, your man will enjoy his stay too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank RoseDlovestotravel
Garden City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

The location of this charming hotel is fabulous. You can walk to so many shops and fabulous eating spots. The local French flavour is infused in all that you do. You can feel the sense of a neighborhood as you stroll down the narrow cobblestone streets. Care is taken to ensure comfort and cleanliness at the esthetically pleasing hotel. All at the hotel were helpful and a pleasure to encounter. A revisit would be a welcomed activity.Room are small but very tasteful and efficient!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have the best view