“Marais Magic”

Ranked #105 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
fort smith, ar
“Marais Magic”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was excellent in every way. Perfect location. The corner of Rue de Rivoli but no sound problem. Our second floor room had a lovely balcony and two comfy beds. We could have breakfast in the lovely dining room or in our room. The breakfast was delightful and filling. We could not ask for more helpful and courteous staff. I would definitely stay with them again.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank queenmeme

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I honeymooned in Paris for a week and stayed here for all 7 nights. We couldn't have been more pleased with the helpful staff, cozy room, and unique atmosphere. The central location is great and the multilingual staff is extremely helpful. I could not recommend this hotel more, whether your stay is a week long or even only a couple nights.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Zachary G
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais was perfect. First, the owner, Alain Bigeard, and his entire staff could not have been more hospitable, welcoming, and helpful.Everyone at the desk speaks English and other languages. It's conveniently located in the Marais, between the Hotel de Ville and the Saint-Paul metro stops. Everything you need is within walking distance.

Our room was cozy, but with plenty of space. There were two chairs, a desk/dresser, a small upholstered bench, and a large bed. There were closets on both sides of the bed; each with a light and a built-in shelf. Underneath the closets was space for several pair of shoes. There was great attention to detail to utilize all the available space perfectly. The bathroom had plenty of space; we've had smaller bathrooms in many U.S. hotels. Our room also had a balcony with outside furniture.

Several nearby restaurant recommendations were excellent. In both cases, Mr. Bigeard or another staff member called for reservations.

Coffee or a more complete breakfast can be eaten in the lower floor space, or brought up to your room.

The lobby is a bright, open, friendly space with a fireplace. It's stocked with current periodicals.

I cannot say enough good things about the hotel, its owner, and staff. They all contributed to make our stay in Paris an excellent experience. I would recommend the hotel to anyone absolutely without reservation.

Room Tip: There are three rooms per floor. The two front-facing rooms are slightly larger, I believe. The st...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Steve H
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed on recommendation of a friend, and certainly lived up to it. Really charming hotel. Yes, the rooms are small, but only silly-money buys you a big hotel room in Paris. Service was excellent, always friendly, helpful and gave good recommendations of places to see. Breakfast was great, though probably enough to share between two people.

Perfect location. Immediate area (Marais) is really nice, some cool bars and fashion stores. Plus we were easily able to walk to Notre Dame and St Germain. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a slice of traditional Paris.

Room Tip: Front of hotel. Tiny bit more expensive, but most have a small balcony and view on to the street.
Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul C
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The very first time I stumbled upon this little chic hotel online I felt giddy about staying there. More often than not, professional photography deceive the customers of the actual look and feel of the hotel and its rooms. To my delight, this hotel did not disappoint at all - from the outside to the rooms. It looks and feels exactly as it advertises itself - cozy, chic Parisian, and charming at best. Making me proud and relieved for deciding to make this place my home for a week.

The rooms, like any standard Parisian room, are small, exactly for double occupancy max with cable TV. I was on a solo trip and had my room all to my petite self and my big luggage and felt the spatial aspect of the room was perfect for me. Bathroom space only allows for one at a time, squiky clean, bright and simple with hot&cold water, a hair dryer, small and big towels, a pair of scrubbing mits and bathrobes. The hotel elevator did not miss to charm me as well. It was small enough just to squeeze in 2 people with 1 luggage each with a floor to ceiling floral interior.

Hotel personnel possessed a professional and accommodating demeanor - from the way they dress and welcome, assist & send off their clients. They knew exactly who I was the moment I entered the main door. Kudos to Etienne (hotel receptionist) who quickly assisted me when I needed help regarding concerns on a purchase I made a day before. He communicated with the store manager in french to relay my concerns and iron it out while multi-tasking and continuing his duties to other clients who were checking out and checking in. Same goes to Philip (hotel receptionist) for helping me follow up the package I was expecting and to the female receptionist at night (sorry I missed to ask for her name) who always welcomed me back to the hotel at night with a sweet smile.

A lot of people, in my very own witnessing, who have passed by this place by chance are truly captivated by its charm and literally cannot contain their delight to have seen the place coupled with a hint of regret wishing they had known about this place earlier and have stayed here instead. Even at the airport, when the couple I spoke to asked where I had stayed in Paris and I answered Hotel Caron in the Marais Quarter, their jaws dropped and chatted away their excitement when they chanced upon the place while visiting the area. They couldn't believe I had stayed there and I could be more proud of this place.

I loved this place so much that I am half-hearted in sharing these thoughts because I feel like this little gem in the heart of Paris is best kept as a sort of a secret to just a few. I will surely stay here again the next time I'm in Paris.

Room Tip: Just an FYI, the room at the lobby, Room1 is smaller than the other rooms upstairs and the walls ar...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Char030588
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I spent 6 nights at the Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais last month. My wife stayed there before on business and liked it so much, that we decided to go there on our holiday. The area is very nice and is right next to all the nice restaurant's, bars, and shops in the Marais. Its a magnificent location!!! The hotel from the exterior is picture perfect and looks like a postcard. In fact, while waiting in the lobby, I observed many people taking photos of the hotel from across the street, The rooms are nice, but very small. I mean, tiny small!!! Our first two nights were on the top floor facing the street. The small balcony was very small. We have stayed in small rooms, but this had to be one of the smallest. But it was quaint and charming. We asked to change rooms, because the water in the shower kept going hot, then ice cold, then no pressure. It was an eye opener, that early in the AM!!! Our new room was right below it and was a bit larger. The water pressure was better, but was still there. But we were ok with that room. All of the staff there is very nice and so very helpful. We really liked them all, a lot. Also the cute lady that prepared the very good breakfast each morning, was over the top nice. All in all, we really liked the hotel. Be prepared for a very small room, and bring a power strip for charging things. The room only had 2 plugs in it, so having a plug strip is a good idea.

Room Tip: Like we mentioned, the top floor on the street side is postage stamp small. I would recommend the r...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dermop
Oak Ridge, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Prepare to be pampered. But first, the location. In the heart of the Marais district, this little hotel is very close to Notre Dame, Metro stops, Pompidou Museum, Picasso Gallery, Carnavalet Museum, Ile De Cite, and Ile St-Louis. It is a short stroll to the Batobus stop as well as an OpenTour stop. The RER at Les Halles is a short walk away.
The staff here is wonderful. All of the front desk staff speak perfect English. On our first day we were greeted by Philip. He is great. But then, so is all of the other staff. EVERYONE went out of their way to make sure we were well taken care of. One young man (Elliant ?) went way beyond the call of duty to purchase and print me d'Orsey tickets! At our departure our boarding passes were printed for us without even a raised eyebrow.
I wanted an outside room but one wasn't available. I am now glad for the room we got for it was very quite. I will ask for an inside room next time. Old, charming, elegant, and romantic. A wonderful Parisian experience.

Room Tip: The inside rooms may be smaller, but they are very quite.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple