“Love this Hotel, Stayed Many Times”

Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais
Ranked #109 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Ventura, California
“Love this Hotel, Stayed Many Times”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

My partner and myself have stayed at this hotel 10 of the last 12 years. The location is wonderful, the majority of the staff go out of their way for you. Yes the rooms are small, but it is Paris. The hotel just gets better each year. We will stay again!

Room Tip: We like the front rooms on floors 3 to 5.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Howard R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I love everything about this place. The locationis perfect. The rooms are charming and full of character. The staff is every pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is filling and delicious. I've stayed here in the past and I intend to stay here in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Okayama
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The owner was friendly and helpful. I stayed here 4 nights. It was a bit expensive (I got the top attic room with a balcony) which was a bit small and cramped. The furniture was a bit tatty but overall a nice place. Bobby the dog was cute.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rob W
London
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had read great reviews about this place, hence why I asked my hubby to book it. However it did not live up to my expectations at all, in fact we were rather disappointed. We arrived around 1.30pm, the gentleman at reception was friendly and polite and was sorry that our room was not ready, as we were in a hurry to continue on to watch the end of The Tour de France, this did not matter to us, so we left our bags in reception and said we would be back later on. When we came back around 7pm, the staff behind the desk did not even look up to greet us, our bags were still in reception. He did not even look at us as we went to grab our bags, so we could potentially have been thieves and grabbed them and walked out, I doubt he would have stopped us. We walked up to the desk and said Good Evening, this is the first time he looked at us. We told him that we would like to check in and that we had left our luggage earlier as the room was not ready. He gave us the key and told us it was on the first floor and that was it. So not really a friendly and polite welcoming that I had expected. I had also expected our bags to have been taken to our rooms at this point, don't think that's too much to ask. The room was cute and quaint, but the bathroom was in need of some repair, but still nice and clean. The bed however were another story, they were hard as rock, I could feel every spring poking into my body.
The breakfast was included in our booking price and I have to say it was the best part of our stay, it was great and served in a delightfully decorated room in the basement, however if it's not included in the price, I'd say to eat in the area instead as it's full of cafes, bars and restaurants and great for shopping too. But the staff were not as friendly and helpful to us as they have been to others in previous reviews, and because this was our 'mini moon trip' after our wedding, it made me feel rather sad and disappointed. I expected more...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrsTHE
caronbo, Owner at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Madam,
I am very surprised by your comment on our hotel, quite unusual and i am most of all very sorry your stay last July did not match your expectations. First for our welcome: I will check what happens with my staff, I guess not the regular staff due to summer holidays (?). This is hard for me to believe and I do apologize. Concerning the bathrooms: all have been redone as well as all paintings in all rooms on last June and July, closing a floor for 3 days. The 1st floor was done on July 17,18,19. I guess you stayed just before, since the Tour de France ended on July 22... Concerning the mattress, we usually have good comments, I will look carefully. We are very sad you were so disappointed and would be happy to welcome you again in what should be our place.
With all our regrets and best regards,
Alain Bigeard, Manager and Owner
New England
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Very quaint boutique hotel in a convenient location. Staff was very helpful. We had the breakfast and it was ample and well prepared. There are plenty of cafes and shops around. Metro and Notre Dame are close by. We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank gjcooke
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I spent three nights here in August. I arrived very early in the morning and they went out of their way to get me a room as soon as possible. It was tiny but this is the Marais in Paris in high season and it cost less than $200 night. Great location. Lovely neighborhood teeming with people. Great shopping and food, easy walk to major tourist destinations. Terrific staff who made reservations, called taxis, and recommended wonderful restaurants (although this is Paris so all the food is great). Skip the expensive breakfast and eat in the neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank judith w
Gutersloh, Germany
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed 5 nights at this marvellous hotel.Our 18 yr old son 5' 10 " slept on the extra bed and was comfortable.Having read a recent negative comment about the extra bed we had concerns about our upcoming trip.We need not have worried ,for 3 to be able to stay in a hotel room of this quality in such a lively district was value for money. The staff were attentive and had helpful suggestions to make the most of our stay.The breakfast set you up for the day,with plenty of local eateries in the Marais district to eat at in the evening.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family