“The Perfect Little Parisan Hotel”

Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais
Ranked #97 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I love everything about this place. The locationis perfect. The rooms are charming and full of character. The staff is every pleasant and helpful. The breakfast is filling and delicious. I've stayed here in the past and I intend to stay here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais

Reviewed August 31, 2012

The owner was friendly and helpful. I stayed here 4 nights. It was a bit expensive (I got the top attic room with a balcony) which was a bit small and cramped. The furniture was a bit tatty but overall a nice place. Bobby the dog was cute.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rob W
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had read great reviews about this place, hence why I asked my hubby to book it. However it did not live up to my expectations at all, in fact we were rather disappointed. We arrived around 1.30pm, the gentleman at reception was friendly and polite and was sorry that our room was not ready, as we were in a hurry to continue on to watch the end of The Tour de France, this did not matter to us, so we left our bags in reception and said we would be back later on. When we came back around 7pm, the staff behind the desk did not even look up to greet us, our bags were still in reception. He did not even look at us as we went to grab our bags, so we could potentially have been thieves and grabbed them and walked out, I doubt he would have stopped us. We walked up to the desk and said Good Evening, this is the first time he looked at us. We told him that we would like to check in and that we had left our luggage earlier as the room was not ready. He gave us the key and told us it was on the first floor and that was it. So not really a friendly and polite welcoming that I had expected. I had also expected our bags to have been taken to our rooms at this point, don't think that's too much to ask. The room was cute and quaint, but the bathroom was in need of some repair, but still nice and clean. The bed however were another story, they were hard as rock, I could feel every spring poking into my body.
The breakfast was included in our booking price and I have to say it was the best part of our stay, it was great and served in a delightfully decorated room in the basement, however if it's not included in the price, I'd say to eat in the area instead as it's full of cafes, bars and restaurants and great for shopping too. But the staff were not as friendly and helpful to us as they have been to others in previous reviews, and because this was our 'mini moon trip' after our wedding, it made me feel rather sad and disappointed. I expected more...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsTHE
caronbo, Owner at Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Madam,
I am very surprised by your comment on our hotel, quite unusual and i am most of all very sorry your stay last July did not match your expectations. First for our welcome: I will check what happens with my staff, I guess not the regular staff due to summer holidays (?). This is hard for me to believe and I do apologize. Concerning the bathrooms: all have been redone as well as all paintings in all rooms on last June and July, closing a floor for 3 days. The 1st floor was done on July 17,18,19. I guess you stayed just before, since the Tour de France ended on July 22... Concerning the mattress, we usually have good comments, I will look carefully. We are very sad you were so disappointed and would be happy to welcome you again in what should be our place.
With all our regrets and best regards,
Alain Bigeard, Manager and Owner

Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

Very quaint boutique hotel in a convenient location. Staff was very helpful. We had the breakfast and it was ample and well prepared. There are plenty of cafes and shops around. Metro and Notre Dame are close by. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank gjcooke
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I spent three nights here in August. I arrived very early in the morning and they went out of their way to get me a room as soon as possible. It was tiny but this is the Marais in Paris in high season and it cost less than $200 night. Great location. Lovely neighborhood teeming with people. Great shopping and food, easy walk to major tourist destinations. Terrific staff who made reservations, called taxis, and recommended wonderful restaurants (although this is Paris so all the food is great). Skip the expensive breakfast and eat in the neighborhood.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank judith w
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We recently stayed 5 nights at this marvellous hotel.Our 18 yr old son 5' 10 " slept on the extra bed and was comfortable.Having read a recent negative comment about the extra bed we had concerns about our upcoming trip.We need not have worried ,for 3 to be able to stay in a hotel room of this quality in such a lively district was value for money. The staff were attentive and had helpful suggestions to make the most of our stay.The breakfast set you up for the day,with plenty of local eateries in the Marais district to eat at in the evening.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank melinda p
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My partner and I recently had the good fortune of staying at this lovely boutique hotel from July 9-July 14. We had a front room #41(or 42...the one on the right side). We had expected a mouse house from what some reviewers reported. However, we were delighted to find a quant, comfortable room with adequate room to walk around, a couple chairs, a small table, a sweet chandelier, and the original bare wood support beams on the ceiling. We fell in love with it. Two windows facing the street. We had wanted a balcony room which we did not get. But still we were plenty happy. The elevator was prompt. The decor was old French. i was a bit taken back when I first walked into the Lobby. I don't know if I was horrified and or just taking a moment to process what I saw. I felt like I walked into a little French girl's doll house circa 1790...which needed cleaning. lol And in the middle was a small desk with papers strewn all over it, and the desk manager sitting upright in attention to greet us. The attendant jumped to help us and took our luggage to our room. We were checked in before we batted an eye. My confusion over the haphazard state of the lobby disappeared when we entered our room. Quant, Lovely, and more than adequate!! We learned right away, the very first time we walked thru the lobby to leave for a walk, that the hotel desk help was truly there to assist. And they never let us down all week. They answered every question we had with a big smile. They made calls to make reservations and to call cabs. They pulled out maps and drew directions and gave us the maps. (they have much resource material to give out) They are very knowledgeable and speak very good English. I learned to love the odd look of the lobby. It was simple and comforting. Front desk is attended 24/7. We would leave for dinner at 7Pm and return on foot, tired, at 1AM. We were always greeted with a big smile at the front desk. We enjoyed walking in the front door. The location is perfect if you like boutique shopping, coffee shops, wonderful patisserie's and boulangerie's, We had our Breakfast just down the street a few storefronts. Wonderful pastries, bread, quiche, coffee etc. Walk up the street a couple very short blocks and take a right on Rue des Rosiers. Lovely Street!!! Very quant little cobblestone street with several Falafal stands, Jewish breakfast/lunch storefront, boutique shopping and restaurants. The whole Marais is a jewel if you like walking the old streets of Paris. If you like Jazz walk a few blocks down to Rue des Lombards where there are several top notch jazz clubs. Also, we were very pleased to find out favorite Thai restaurant....Thai Classic. 26 Rue Des Lombards. Walking the Marais at night we never felt threatened, it is quite lively with night clubs, bars, and gay bars staying lively well into the night. Although it does shut up early weeknights. The hotel is very well located to hop on the subway to make your way around "everywhere". Just walk a couple blocks to the Hotel De Ville stop. And you will find you are about 5 blocks from Notre Dame and just a couple more blocks away it St Chapelle, also quite close to Pompedou Center. OK...I could go on and on. If you want the Ritz and big, spacious rooms...this Ain't IT!! If you want a very well run small hotel with a certain quant charm, lovely front rooms(I hear the back rooms are a bit smaller and no view)good air conditioning and great central Paris location, we found Caron de Beaumarchais a great value. WE WILL BE BACK!!

Room Tip: Select a front room. We had #41 and we found it very adequate in size(we do expect smaller rooms in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends