All reviewsmarais districtrooms are smallnotre damecharming hotelsoft boiled eggextra coffeeshower curtainfront facingcroissantssaint paulstreet facing roomwriting deskpain au chocolateparisian experiencetop floorperfect locationbreakfast room
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Found this hotel when I was searching on a "secret hotels in paris" website; I feel so lucky to have come across it! We spent our first few nights on our honeymoon in one of the rooms that has a balcony that over looks the beautiful Marais district. While it was small, it was also perfect.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2012

This hotel was everything we hoped for. It's located in an extremely good location with a lot of shops and a lots of cheap but quality restaurants nearby. Just like some of the other reviews say, the rooms were small, however, if you are staying here as a couple, it is the perfect size. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Next time I'm in Paris I will definitely book another stay at this hotel. This was definitely one of the most pleasant hotel experiences of my life.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the view of our street-facing room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasper d
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This hotel was extremely nice and in a wonderful part of Paris. The staff was extremely helpful and spoke excellent english. The Room was wonderfully decorated and the Air Conditioning worked well. If it had just been my wife and I this would have been a 5 star but we booked a triple room as we always do. Our 9 year old complained everyday about how uncomfortable the cot was. She has stayed on many cots during our travels through europe over the years but has never complained like this. I can't imagine how much wine it would take for an adult to have a good nights sleep on that. Having said that I would go back in a heart beat if there were only two people to the room (and a couple would be best as the bed while comfortable was cozy). I would recommend to the hotel that they don't book triple rooms as they are not well suited for it.

Room Tip: Our front room with a view of the street would have been great without the cot in the way.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jlmiddy
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Dear Madam,Dear Sir,
We thank you for your review and for your compliment of " a wonderful hotel" level "5 star".
We do regret you were not satisfy by the 3rd bed. All our rooms are double occupancy, we do not propose triple rooms just an extra bed to satisfy request. Confirmation of your reservation was precise and underlined: "Double room frontside with a double bed and an extra bed...".The additional price for the extra bed is 20 Euros (total 215 Euros), a good value for Paris and guests understand that the size and comfort of the room could not be the same.
I am sorry we were not able to propose you another hotel since we can recommend for triple occupancy good hotels in the Marais.
With all our regrets and best regards,
Alain Bigeard

Reviewed July 3, 2012

Such a cute hotel. We had a room right at the top with a little balcony. It's like a perfect Parisian dream and a great place to be based for exploring. The rooms are tasteful and clean- they aren't very big but I think that is just what rooms are like in Paris. The staff are very helpful, the beds are comfortable and the bathrooms are just fine. The surrounding area of the Marais is brilliant for food, nightlife, wandering, coffee and a glass of wine in the early evening. I really enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Caron de Beaumarchais and I thought it was great value.

Room Tip: Ask for one with a street-facing balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank g_finknottle
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The stay was for three nights. This little property has a lot to offer at, for Paris, reasonable rates. First, the location is perfect. The Marais is a great area to set up a home base...easy walking and metro access to all sites. The hotel's location within the neighborhood is excellent...just minutes from shops, cafes, bakeries, and pleasant alleyways for strolling.
Next, the hotel, though in the small side, is wonderfully comfortable with beautifully decorated rooms. The wifi is good and free for guests.
Finally, the hotel staff excels at making your stay enjoyable, easy, and comfortable. They go out of their way to assist in anyway possible. I found the Caron front desk to be the most accommodating group I have ever encountered in my travels.
I recommend this hotel highly and will surely return.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple