“Wonderful Hotel: But One Huge Flaw” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #30 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
NJ
“Wonderful Hotel: But One Huge Flaw”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

My wife and I spent 3 days at this hotel for her birthday last week, and it was a treat! The room was magnificent, with both a sit down balcony overlooking the courtyrard garden and also a stand up terrace overlooking the Champs-Elysees.Service was superb throughout. Competent; cheerful, engaged, friendly. I asked for a small birthday cake to be waiting upon check-in and they brought one out almost as soon as we hit our room, which made my wife ecstatically happy!! One felt appreciated!

So what was wrong? Actually, nothing while we were there! Their problem is with their concierge service prior to arrival. We had chosen restaurants and wanted help getting reservations. I have no idea which Parisian restaurants need reservations 3 months or one month in advance, and for which a call an hour ahead of time is sufficient. The hotel should. So, I went to the web site, and the sole contact email address was at their group HQ. No direct contact to the hotel was promoted. So I wrote HQ on the form. Nothing. That happens, So I wrote again a week later. Nothing again. Simply ignored. That shouldn't happen ever, twice in a row. So I went in careful detail over the emails I received from the hotel ,and on one of them, once, was included a general email for the hotel in small unfeatured letters; easy to miss. So I sent them a request for 2 restaurant reservations, one of which was at Fouquets, and asked for a reply given my failed prior attempts. The next day I got a one line email back, hurray, but only making the one reservation at Fouquet's, and completely ignoring the second. At this point I gave up as a three time loser and found someone who spoke French and we called the last restaurant ourselves. As you can see, not very helpful.

It gets worse. So when we arrive 4 weeks later, the gentleman checking us in asks us if we would like a restaurant reservation made for us! We explain we have one at Fouquets already the next night. He says he has no record of it. He was wrong, because just a few minutes later, he hands me a sealed letter, that mentions that we have two reservations, at both restaurants we had requested. Did they think after being ignored on the reservation request three times I was going to rely on them to make arrangements without having communicated with us? This was worse than nothing, I had to worry about double booking and how the restaurant would react now. Needless to say, I avoided concierge throughout our stay to be on the safe side.

So, we absolutely loved the place, and would stay again and again but the concierge ahead of arrival was as bad as I've ever seen.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
3 Thank NJ-Eric
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Eric,

Thank you very much for staying at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barriere and for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and that the birthday cake was a nice surprise for her!

First of all, please accept my personal apologies for the obvious inconveniences caused to you in regards of the restaurant reservations. I have immediately investigated your observations and would like to briefly comment on these points.
We have indeed received your two emails, requesting our concierge to make arrangements for restaurant reservations. Indeed, they confirmed to you the same days to the email address given.
However, we realize now that the email address given on your requests was not correct and that the return messages were spammed.
We sincerely regret this unfortunate experience and I hope that you will not be deterred from returning as we would very much welcome the opportunity to redeem ourselves and prove to you that your experience was the exception rather than the rule.
Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
High Peak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was taken to Fouquet’s Barriere Hotel by my husband as a surprise for my 40th birthday, I don't think I will ever be able to equal his gesture!!
On arrival at Fouquet's we were shown swiftly to our room, the staff were extremely helpful, friendly and professional.
It would be fair to say that our room was outstanding, nice and spacious, beautifully clean and the attention to detail was second to none.
During our brief stay we made use of the spa, my husband and I had massages which we both agreed were exceptional. Having had treatments in many other hotels, we can say this experience was far superior and very very relaxing!
Having arrived back late one evening, we took advantage of room service. We were very hungry, the food came quickly and was delicious!

There aren’t enough positive adjectives in the English language to describe our stay at Fouquet's, it was amazing and we would love to go back one day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for these enthusiastic comments we had the pleasure to read this morning on Tripadvisor! What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay on this very special occasion.
We are very glad that you have been able to enjoy some treatments in our USpa, as you know we have recently started our new partnership with Shiseido.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière, maybe you would like to treat your husband on his birthday?
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

many of us expects snooty and snobby in paris, here we have the GEM of hotels at a perfect location - Champs Elysées and Avenue George V.
Gorgeous rooms, friendly and professional service, not one thing that wasn't 100%.
I can but recommend this hotel and its restaurants.

Room Tip: I had a deluxe room facing a side street, very calm with view of trees and greenery on Avenue George...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gunnel B
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

The team will be thrilled to learn that their service was friendly and professional and you enjoyed being with us. Thank you for your recommendations!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon,
Yours sincerely
Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at Fouquet's Barriere Hotel past 5 months. For Christmas season vacation. The rooms are very nice and clean. The beds are nice and amazing. The staff is professional and good. I recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bowles A
Dear Guest

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière over the Christmas Season! We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for sharing your remarks on Tripadisor.

We look forward to your next family vacation to Paris,

Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

we stayed at Fouquet's Barriere in late march - early april , for 2 nights . When we arrived in the room we found a welcome letter from the manager . I didn't think much of it ,imagining that it is a standard procedure for all guests . Over the next 2 days , this impression changed , as i discovered the amazing staff of this hotel . It was my second experience in a LEADING HOTELS OF THE WORLD location , so i had great expectations , but they exceed them all . Every one , starting with the front desk , the concierge , the butler , the room service were exceptional , always with a smile on their faces , always ready to assist you . The breakfast is served at Le Diane on the first floor , the spa it's a must .
The Fouquet's restaurant is one of the best in the city , located on Champs Elysees it an must stop for an afternoon glass of vine and a coffee .
overall this hotel is the best i have ever stayed at .

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank bebeluku
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this wonderful comment you shared with us on TripAdvisor. What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the services and the staff, thank you for sharing on Trip Advisor.
The entire team will be thrilled to hear that their efforts were up to your expectations. You are a very frequent traveler and being recommended by you as one of the best Hotels you stayed at is certainly a great source of motivation!
We are looking forward to your next visit,
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is truly one of the best hotels in Paris, without a doubt. My third visit here in as many years. The service is genuinely charming and engaging, the rooms are spacious and superbly appointed and the location, on the corner of Av Georges V and Champs-Elysees could not be better.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoy staying with us since many years and we are thrilled to count you amongst our regular guests! Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us all on Tripadvisor!
Thank you as well for your warm feed-back in regards of our team, they will be thrilled to read that their efforts are so much appreciated.
We are looing forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home for many more yaers to come!

Milan, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Centrally located, beautifully appointed, and unparalleled service make this classic hotel still the favorite for seasoned travelers looking for an unforgettable experience and a most memorable trip to Paris. The breakfast buffet was superb with a wide array of Parisian and international selections. Buffet not to your liking? No problem, they will gladly offer you a fine selection of a la carte options like crepes, waffles, or omelets. For dinner, the concierge was successful in reserving us a table at some of the most popular restaurants on very short notice. SInce my wife and I traveled on Valentine's Day week, this way no easy feat! The bottom line here is they aim to please and they definitely succeed to that end. The spa facility is beautifully designed with steam and sauna, a water resistance pool, and one of the largest indoor pools in Paris. Enjoy it all after a relaxing massage and return home fully recharged and energized.

Room Tip: Every room is choice.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Gary,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your wife on this very romantic occasion to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! How wonderful that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you so much for sharing it on Tripadvisor!

We would love the occasion to welcome you back to Paris soon. On your next visit you might want to try our new treatments in the Spa following our recent partnership with Shiseido.

Looking forward to that occasion,