“almost perfect”

Ranked #30 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
beverly hills
“almost perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

we arrived the hotel after a 5 night stay at the milestone in london. so my rating might have been higher bur we had just had such warm, personal service there that the mark was set pretty high. that said, everyone was polite and professional just missed that warmth. the location is great! the room was beautiful, large but wished for a higher floor, as we thought we had requested. that was missed by our plat Amex travel advisor and the hotel did offer to move us a day later. just too much hassle. weird about the toilet being separate from the bathroom, though I do like the privacy that provided. the breakfast was lovely and the service there was so warm and friendly! I will try to attach room photos and breakfast room photos though I am not always successful. feel free to private message me.
overall, the hotel met my expectations. loved being on the champs with all the noise and bustle which disappears when the doors were closed. I would definitely stay there again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank loml95
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear guest,

We truly enjoyed welcoming you to the Fouquet’s Barrière and it was a real pleasure to read these wonderful comments!

What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our services and the hotel! Your enthusiasm for our employees is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

We look forward to welcome you back soon to Paris and maybe on that occasion you will be able to enjoy a relaxing massage in our wonderful Spa.

Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rancho Mirage, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

Who could ask for a hotel in a better location than the corner of George V and Champs Elysses?

This hotel is in the perfect location. Built in 2006, it is modern, unlike most Parisian hotels. Great comtemporary artwork and furniture.

Best courtyard bar in Paris.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank awinrm
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions of the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière on TripAdvisor!
It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its location, indeed perfectly situated on the “Golden Triangle” in Paris. Maybe you will have the possibility to come back to see the wonderful Christmas illuminations on the Champs-Elysees starting soon!
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Paris soon, until then, we remain
With Best Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Booked 4 nights at Fouquet's Barriere through the AMEX FHR Program. Hotel was very accommodating on the front end by honoring a lower price that was on their own website than was on the AMEX FHR site. Location and staff were fantastic. After we were checked in and shown to our room, my girlfriend and I were shocked by the huge size, the two separate balconies and view of the street, and amenities in the room. It felt like an apartment rather than a hotel room. Butler staff was good at replenishing the in-room complementary mini-bar and provided some champagne and welcome snack on arrival. Had a great meal at the hotel restaurant and namesake, Fouquet's, which had live music the night we went. The breakfast buffet is a continental buffet and is extensive, but the staff is happy to please making eggs, pancakes, etc. upon request. Spa and gym is ample for a Parisian hotel and the pool is beautiful. The concierge was helpful making reservations at L'Arpege at my request and the butler staff was attentive and easy to deal with, although one morning they did miss the wake-up call. Bell and entry staff were very attentive and when it rained insisted on walking us to a cab and from cabs with umbrellas despite the fact that it was barely drizzling. Also one night we were staying, they were actually filming a movie in the lobby which was pretty cool. Location was convenient to pretty much everything in Paris and the hotel's central location makes it easy to walk around the city rather than cab or metro. Only thing I'd comment, and perhaps this is a lack of knowledge of European customs, but the jacuzzi that they have which is huge was not hot, although maybe it is not meant to be? Overall, I'd recommend this hotel highly and had a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with 2 balconies/windows.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MRG2032
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful and detailed comment on Tripadvisor and for taking the time to share your experience with us!

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm for our team is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to all of them.

I am however very concerned by your remark regarding the missed wake up call. Rest assured that I have immediately cascaded your comment to our front desk team to take the appropriate action.

For means of explanation only, the Jacuzzi you mentioned in our Spa is not actually a Jacuzzy but a unique water course, which is indeed not meant to be hot. Please apologize if this want not properly explained to you. Maybe, on your next visit, you would like to try our hot balneo-therapy treatment?

We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I decided to rewrite this review because my first one did what it was supposed to and did get the Hotel’s attention and hope they did take the necessary measures.

I have stayed at other 5 star hotels in Paris and Fouquet’s is nothing special. The staff of this hotel serves you as well and it is a quiet hotel. One thing I hated about it was that the toilet was on the opposite side of the room as the shower/sink and it was supposed to be designed like this on purpose for a certain clientele, but they don’t wash their hands? If there was at least a sink but at night I have to walk to another bathroom just to wash my hands because I just can’t not wash my hands after using the bathroom. Another area lacking was the concierge’s knowledge compared to other hotels and with so many variety of interest in Paris I expected concierge who can help with my interest area and not just restaurant. If you book through Amex be aware that the free dinner is with a 'special' menu and 'special' wine list which if I had known I would have skipped because I felt uncomfortable them bringing me these different menu. If they want to offer you dinner then it should be that, same dinner as other diners or offer something else or am I wrong?

My one star review is for customer relations by management. I had a problem and addressed it and felt the manager I spoke to was skeptical so I told him I’ll write it in Tripadvisor. I got bed bug bites after staying four nights at this hotel and I deduced this very carefully. After that first review I received an e-mail saying they took certain measures, ect. which was what I wanted them to do as I told them so other guests will not go though what I did. But then a manager responded really angry and confused me with another guest who also complained about the same bed bug issue two months prior and said it was strange I contacted them only after two months and didn’t have that suite #. First of all, I contacted them prior to two weeks after making sure and to this date it’s not even been a month since my return. When I asked the manager my suite # and he didn’t know I tried to remember the number on the fifth floor. I really expected the top management from this type of establishment to respond more professionally.

When you stay in a hotel and pay top $, you look for that value. Travelers value different things. I’m in the service industry and the first lesson we teach our employee is that the customer/guest is always right and always apologize first. When they complain it’s because they want us to better our service so they can return. This is certainly not what I received from management, hence the rating. There are so many great hotels in Paris, next time I will try a four star maybe and the value might be better! When I first booked this hotel it was #1 but for some reason it has dropped to #4.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank di l
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Madame,

As mentioned to you on our correspondence and over telephone, we take this issue very seriously. However, we have requested your first comment on TripAdvisor to be taken off this site since it was not founded.

We have explained on our correspondence to you that we had indeed preceded immediately to a complete control by a professional company of the entire hotel and that nothing has been detected. This measure in addition to a regular prevention control.

We have official documentation to proof this and which we will send to you on a more private correspondence.

May we add that bed bug bites might be visible two weeks after the actual incident and that you mentioned to our Manager that you have been travelling to several hotels during this trip.

Your allegations are not founded and we regret that you chose this impersonal way to reply to our numerous messages.
Panama City, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

You can't beat the location, the staff is great....very helpful and courteous and the rooms are wonderful...very spacious, but the beds and the linens can't be beat. In fact, the bed was so amazing if was difficult to leave in the mornings! We dined our last night in the restaurant, Le Diane, and were sorry we had not eaten there earlier in our stay as it was the best meal we had in Paris on this trip. Our only regret was that there was not enough time to use the spa. We will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bill M
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed staying with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière and we thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor !

We are terrible sorry that you enjoyed our beds that much in the mornings that you had not much time to spend in the Spa ! We truly hope that you will come back soon in order to try our wonderful treatments after some relaxing time in the pool….

Until then, we remain with Best regards from Paris,

Général manager
Rixensart, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have been staying in world class hotels before. This hotel was the best ever. Service was great, the food of the new chef was out of this world and staff made you feel special. The room came with a butler who took care of our restaurant reservations, car parking, baggage,... you name it. We had the duplex suite which came with all the high-tech gadgets you can think off.

Room Tip: We got the suite and an upgrade! It was costly but it came with special services and we enjoyed ever...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Raoul R
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you to the Hotel Fouquet’s Paris on your recent stay in Paris. Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us !

Thank you very much for congratulating our staff; specially the Chef and the Butlers, I will certainly not fail to hare your remarks with them.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

While I was not looking forward initially to going to Paris, this trip was a special occassion to celebrate my wife's birthday. The Hotel Fouquet's Barriere made our trip truly memorable, with five star service, rooms, and over all service. In fact, I have to admit this hotel totally changed my mind about Paris as a whole. I can't say enough good things about the hotel, location, ambience, etc. were all top notch. With the George V, and other top notch hotels in the area, you still can't go wrong here. Everyone I dealt with went out of their way to help. Fantastic!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EAB21353
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Paris is always a great idea and how wonderful that you chose this destination for such an important event!
What a wonderful comment on the hotel and our service, we thank you very much for sharing them on Tripadvisor. We constantly strive to achieve highest standards to satisfy our guests and we are happy that we were able to make your stay memorable.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon!

Général Manager