“Nice location, nice hotel”

Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris
Ranked #47 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
“Nice location, nice hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I spend one night last July. The hotel is located in a really nice location. But there is nothing special happening here, the room follow a standard as all the hight big chains do. For the price I paid I was expecting more about the style of the hotel.
I think there is lot of hotels in Paris, with more charm as what I saw.

The service was really good.

Really nice hotel, but with no charm at all.

• Stayed July 2013
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were overall satisfied with the hotels location and its service. I was however concerned about your comment about the style of the hotel, unfortunately you did not enjoy the design. Indeed, the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière has especially been decorated by the French designer Jacques Garcia and does not follow the standard decoration of chain hotels.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Paris. Maybe on that occasion you would like to try our restaurant “La Petite Maison de Nicole”, with a trendier, lively atmosphere.

Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I fell in love with Paris the first time I visited the City of Lights when I was 16 and have been back to visit on a regular basis. I have stayed at The Raphael, Hotel Lancaster and The Westin and none of them came remotely close to Hotel Fouquet's Barriere. The stay was perfect from the moment we entered the hotel. From this point on there is no other hotel that I will stay at other than Hotel Fouquet's Barriere.

My flight arrived early Saturday morning, and although my family and I arrived several hours before the normal time for check-in, our room was ready. Not only was the room ready, but the crib was all set up for my 1 year old daughter and they also had a couple complimentary toys for her. This was one of the few times I did not have to ask for the complimentary American Express Platinum room upgrade, they upgraded our room upon our arrival. The room was a perfect size for a couple and young child. There was plenty of room for our stroller, our luggage and for our daughter to move around. The bathroom was enormous and had a separate bathtub and shower.

The staff could not have been more professional and helpful. The concierge answered all of our questions and had printed tickets to every museum we wanted to attend so we did not have to wait in line. One night we picked up a bottle of wine and decided to drink it in the room. I called room service for two wine glasses and a cork screw. You know those cartoons when someone asks for something and they turn around and it is magically there? It was literally that fast that they knocked on our door with the glasses and cork screw.

The food was amazing. The breakfast was ready for the moment we requested it and the staff who delivered it could not have been more polite and kind. The breakfast was so big that we usually skipped lunch. We had dinner at Fouquet's one night and the food was spectacular. One other nice benefit is the complimentary mini bar. They asked us what we like to drink the most and made sure the mini bar was adequately stocked.

The spa and pool were fantastic. We went to the spa every evening for a swim and a steam before dinner. For an indoor pool the place is remarkably clean and the staff was there to provide you with a fruit cup and as many towels and robes that you needed.

What impressed me the most about the hotel was how kind they were to our 1 year old daughter. She was always greeted with a big smile and the staff constantly asked how she is doing and if there is anything they can do for her. By the end of the first day it seemed everyone knew her name, said hi to her and waved to her when they saw her. They offered babysitting services if we wanted an adults night out and told us of parks and playgrounds where we could take her. If you are looking for a great family friendly hotel, this is the place for you. I cannot wait to return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Adam D
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Adam,

It was such a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière recently! Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful feed-back with all of us. It is always wonderful to read that our guests enjoyed staying with us and appreciated our services.

We love to welcome families with kids and our little ladybird Grenadine has indeed a big success amongst children. How nice that your little baby daughter had a good time in Paris!

The entire team is grateful for your comments and is already looking forward to your next visit!

Marble Falls, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Though we stayed in an apartment and not in a hotel this trip, I read about the Champagne Bar (up the stairs) at Hotel Fouquet. We loved it so much that we returned 3 times during our week stay. The service was fabulous, the champagne choices could not be beat and the atmosphere was glitzy/classy. We were served complimentary amuse bouche which was beautiful. We tried all the 5 star hotel bars, and this was our favorite because of the fabulous service. I was traveling with my twin 22 year old granddaughters, and except for the Jules Verne at the Eiffel Tower, this was their favorite place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank lynnechapline
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Christophe Corallini and his team at the Bar Le Lucien thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor! What a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the Bar and their services on your last trip to Paris.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back, maybe you will have the possibility to stay with us on a future occasion. We would love to show you our wonderful rooms facing the Champs-Elysees!

Santos, SP
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We stayed at the Fouquet's last July and we loved the hotel. Since we stepped out of the taxi we were assisted by the bell boy with a smile on his face and then scorted to the reception. Very beautiful hall with modern decoration, different from the Old Dames like The Crillon, Plaza Atheneé or the Four Seasons George V (all of them excellent hotels). And the location, woowww, it could not be better, on the corner of Champs-Elysées X George V avenue, perfect!!

After a friendly welcome and a few words, we were scorted to our room where the check-in took place with no waiting time, nice touch!! My reservation was made by AMEX Platinum Travel Service so we received an upgrade to a bigger room (with great views), breakfast for 2, late check-out until 4PM and also a complimentary dinner with no alcoholic drinks included at the famous restaurant Fouquet's, which was divine!! We had breakfast at the open air patio and it was very tasty. We also used the SPA which is very nice..

We just had a little issue at the hotel (I don't need to mention what it was) but it was quickly solved by the manager (Roger Maroun) who came to my room to talk to me personally (this kind of attention is what makes me praise their level of service even more). What surprised me the most is the way they treat their guests, amazing attention to all details. I'm used to the best hotels around the world and what really makes the difference among the 5 stars properties is the service. And I must say that the staff here is awesome!!

I want to thank all the bell boys,housekeeping, waiters, front desk guys and the managers (day and night). And a tip for the brazilians, the hotel has 2 brazilian Concierges, Sayonara and Mauro, both very kind persons. If you need something just ask them...

I highly recommend this hotel to everyone and I'll be back for sure when I'm in Paris again...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view (Champs-Elysées or George V).
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank RodolphoBorges
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière in Paris!
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoyed the hotel and we are thrilled to read that our services were up to your expectations.

Thank you as well for mentioning our team, this is always a great source of motivation for them. We have of course shared your remarks with them and especially with Sayonara and Mauro. Our very international team does indeed speak several languages which is always helpful for our guests.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Paris soon!

Muito obrigado,

Frankfurt am Main
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for one night. Initially, I selected the hotel because of its location, the overall appearance and the recommendations. After the stay I can confirm that all my expectations were even exceeded. The room was marvelous, spacious, well decorated and cosy. But the service of the hotel staff was exceptional. All persons were so attentive, smiling and providing the best service I benefited from since a long time (and I am usually staying in very good hotels, but even to my lofty standards the service was outstanding: The reservations of the restaurant on short notice as well as the arrangement for a medical service on a short notice was done with a natural service-orientated attitude, always combined with a smile. Even though I only stayed for a night, I will definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Tobias S
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Tobias,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feed-back on Tripadvisor following your recent sty with us. We are thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations about this stay and I personally wish to thank you for your warm comments about our staff!

We truly hope to be able to welcome you back soon to Paris and maybe I will be able to meet you on that occasion.

Mit Besten Grüssen aus Paris,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This hotel was very nice. I arranged it through American Express Platinum services. Upon arrival, our bags were taken and although our room was not initially ready we were given a glass of champagne while we waited. There was no pre hotel communication regarding preferences and I told the butler that I needed a confirmation of a reservation at La Tour D'Argent. To make a long story short that was never done and we had to rush to the restaurant 2 hours late as we didn't realize what day we had to stay. This made the experience slightly stressful. I thought housekeeping did a wonderful job when my mom was not in the room but a mediocre job when she was. The spa was not well kept as food and wet towels were not promptly cleaned from patrons that were clearly not using them. There was also a plumbing issue one day. It was relaxing the day that it was open however I would have the jacuzzi temperature be a bit warmer. The hotel staff remembered our names and were attentive and warm throughout the visit. Concierge wasn't very helpful with night club suggestions that for me (35) and my mother (60). Dinner at the restaurants was delicious. I would go back but I would probably send them a reminder to pay attention to certain details at this price point of 1400 USD a night. An example is I asked for a newspaper and only 2 days later when I asked did someone say that they don't provide that paper daily. That's okay but I prefer faster feedback. Very easy check in and check out process and overall I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tamika B
Dear Tamika,

It was a pleasure to welcome you and your mother to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière last June and thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

We are happy to read that you overall enjoyed the hotel and staying with us, your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated.

However, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you suffered during your stay specially with concierge services and the Spa. Rest assured that your constructive remarks have been immediately cascaded to the Managers to take the appropriate actions.

Thank you again for the courtesy of your time when sharing your feed-back and we are all looking forward to welcoming you again at the Hotel Fouquet’s barrière. Please be kind enough to contact my office upon your next reservation, it will be a pleasure foer me to take personally care of your booking.

scottsdale
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Then Fouquet's Barriere is the hotel for you. We arrived early and to our surprise, our room was ready and were immediately escorted there where they checked us in and gave us a tour of the room and all the features. That evening we had tickets to the Moulin Rouge, but had not made a reservation at the Brassiere. No problem, they managed to get us in and managed to get a three course meal served in under an hour as we did not allow enough time. The entire staff could not be more accommodating and they take great pride in meeting every expectation. As other guests have stated, our bed and pillows made it hard to arise the next morning and the hotel was in a perfect location for sightseeing and shopping. Will definitely stay there next time in Paris and highly recommend to anyone looking for a great hotel in Paris.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

4 Thank sonorankris
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear guest,

What a pleasure to read these wonderful comments on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that our services were to your entire satisfaction.

An American coach once said that perfection is not attainable but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. It is always a wonderful source of motivation for all of us to see that our efforts pleased our guests.
Thank you very much for recommending the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière! We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.