New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #31 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
Geneva, Switzerland
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Excellent service, very attentive staff. Accommodations were very clean and spacious. The restaurant, bar and common areas of the hotel are very clean and pleasant to spend time in. Great stay here, will be returning for next trip.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank karissima1
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!

Thank you very much for this wonderful comment on Tripadvisor, which of course I have shared with the entire team. It is always a great source of motivation for our staff to hear that our guests appreciated their services and attention to detail.

We are very much looking forward to welcome you back and will ensure that you will have a memorable stay. We do have wonderful packages available during the summer seasons.

Fabrice Moizan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

After a bad experience on one of the champs-elysées brasserie we ended up at the terrasse of this lovely hôtel. The maitre d' was very welcoming, I believe his name was Christophe. Our steak tartare delicious, the tray of desert looked so dangerous that we succumb to a beautiful chocolate cake. The waitress was very attentive and kind, again I am not quite sure of her name, I believe Emily.
We really enjoyed the art and the casual chic ambiance. We will come back for sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Peter Y
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor !

How wonderful that you enjoyed the restaurant and its location and we appreciate very much your remarks about our restaurant team!

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon! As you know, the terraces in summer are a must!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Service was great. Stayed 8 nights. Only problem was special promotion through AMX to get one night free for every 4 night stay, was not honored! Hotel rates itself as 5 star, but rooms need to be updated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tony c
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor!
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière.

We have been indeed concerned upon your departure that American Express did not inform you that the special offer “4=3” is not an accumulative offer. This information is available to all travel agents.
However, I am sure you appreciated that we did not charge you neither for the fourth’, not for the eight’ night.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon to Paris! We do have wonderful packages available during the summer seasons.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I do not believe I have ever stayed anywhere in the world where I have felt so simply and wonderfully welcomed than at the treasured Fouquet Barrière. It is incredibly rare (perhaps an absolute first!) that I do/did not find fault or something (anything!) to complain about... but here, I flowed through my four days in Paris without fault and with the grandest of smiles.

We came to celebrate the 7th birthday of my daughter and her dear friend. From a surprise birthday cake to gifts, and to the myriad of other fun treasures they have for all children, our first hours in Paris were absolutely perfect.

Our room was absolute perfection- in every way. Our babysitter and I took turns sleeping in the king bed with the birthday girl, and whether in the luxurious bed with the most wonderful feather free duvets and soft pillows or on the rollaway literally next to the window overlooking the Champs-Élysées, we managed to sleep until noon each day without hearing a sound or seeing a ray of sun.

Housekeeping was without fault- no one moved my things around (strangely universal, but not here), and they came and went without my having to call or ever return to a room not perfectly ready. Also, I find it wildly wonderful that everything in the mini bar is free- yes, free! I have stayed at some of the most luxurious and famed hotels around the world, and Fouquet Barrière is the first (!?) that gave us water as if they wanted to contribute to our general health and well-being (as well as juice or Coke for the little ones).

The concierge desk was indispensable (Bertrand!). I was so busy before this trip that I had not planned a single detail or studied any maps, yet with the help daily of the outstanding team at the Fouquet concierge desk, we checked off SIX wish lists (adults and children) with what seemed to be the utmost of true pleasure of the concierge team. We even mastered the metro, due to step by step instructions and mapping, which made some of us feel pretty cool. In addition, I encountered a serious problem with American Express, who thought my card had been stolen and therefore cancelled, and Bertrand made the call for me and allowed me to use the concierge telephone when I was at my wit's end - again, with only great pleasure in assisting.

Finally- room service. It's one of our favorite things in the world. Especially when you are sleeping until noon (or later), again, there aren't many hotels that will forgive the hours listed on the room service menu and give you exactly what you want (or more!), whenever you want it. Guillaume was the kind voice at the end of the line when we were desperate for coffee or croissants or whatever else we could dream up. More than once, he made the delivery himself, ensuring everything was perfect (which it always was- again, we never had to ask for more butter or strawberry jam, even though one of us ate it without abandon). Indeed, on our last day, we had one breakfast at 7 a.m., one at 9 a.m., and then finally, Guillaume made sure to come back to give the birthday girl her omelette, fresh and hot, with what were truly sad goodbyes!

I really just do not gush - but Fouquet Barrière in Paris is worth gushing about. I have one picture of myself from this trip that explains it all - I have never seen myself happier, more carefree - and so much of it has to do with resting so peacefully and being guided so flawlessly through Paris by our new friends at Fouquet Barrière Paris. Merci merci merci.

(Oh and if you would like to see an example of just how very much I can find fault in a luxury hotel, stay tuned for a review coming soon from the south of France...)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank Linda H
Dear Linda,

It is very difficult for us to find suitable words to thank you for this wonderful comments and remarks following your family’s stay at the Hotel Fouquet’s BArrière. Needless to say that every single team member is grateful and proud for this amazing feed-back!

So just a very warm Thank You from us all.

What a pleasure to be part of your daughter’s 7th birthday anniversary, we truly hope that this special occasion will remain in her memories for a long time. I am sure that the little Grenadine, the ladybird, will remind her of her trip to Paris.

Thank you as well for mentioning Bertrand and his concierge team, as well as Guillaume and his room-service team. We all are looking forward to welcome you back soon to your new Parisian home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

You walk into this hotel and they are so welcoming! It really feels like they are happy you are there. The lobby is simply gorgeous. The bellman was so helpful with arranging taxis even in the rain when it is most difficult!

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank MaryfromUS
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear guest

We really appreciate your wonderful comments left on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!
Hopefully you will be coming back soon and we will do our Best to have a sunny day on that occasion…

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Really great place to spend a couple of days.
Rooms very clean and large. We enjoyed the time we spent in this hotel and we definetely hope to come back as soon as possible. paris is paris.. What else....

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Impavidoperte78
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor about your last stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière !

We truly hope to see you back soon! As Audrey Hepburn said “Paris is always a good idea”…

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed three nights at Fouquet's Barriere earlier this month. My mother had been to the hotel earlier in the year and from the moment we entered the hotel, the staff remembered and greeted her. It remains her favourite hotel in Paris and I can see why: the service is incredible, the hotel is immaculate and the spa is divine. Make sure to bring your swimsuit and take advance of the pool and relaxing area!

My only criticism is that as a nut allergy sufferer I have to be very careful when I travel. I've lived in France so I am aware that they use peanut oil in many kitchens as their main cooking oil. We had no problem in the hotel, but unfortunately I would not recommend the neighbouring La Petite Maison de Nicole.

When we asked whether they used peanut oil they told us on the door that they did not. However, it soon transpired that peanut oil is their main cooking oil. They were able to cater for me (grilled steak with mash potato - delicious) but the confusion which occurred during our meal and the waitress' initial attitude would not inspire confidence. So just a head's up for those with serious peanut allergies.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank NinjaDancing
Fabrice M, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Le Fouquet's Paris, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for this wonderful feed-back on your last stay with us at the Hotel Fouquet’s Barriere! We are thrilled that you and your mum enjoyed being with us again!

I am however concerned about your constructive remarks in regards of your allergy request. Please be assured that we take this very seriously and have already taken the necessary measures with our Food and Beverage Manager to prevent this to reoccur.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon back to the Hotel Fouquet’s Barrière!