This is my second stay at Castille. The first time, I really had a good stay overall. I was not very happy with the size of the room so this time I made a reservation for a deluxe room which is the best room before a suite; they advertise as being able to accommodate 3 people; I don't know how three people would fit in a room where two barely fit. So rooms are very small as well as bathrooms. Second of all, the decor; the rooms have been redone since my stay and basically now, you have white walls everywhere, in the corridor of the floors and the bedroom; very hospital design, not very italian as the Star hotel owner or parisian. Second, service: bad at the reception and concierge area. I came in with my son and four suitcases and no one asked to help us roll them to at least to the front desk or to the room. Not very 5 stars like. I stayed two nights and used the Ibahn payable internet the last evening at 21€ / 24 hours out of frustration for the free version which works only if you enjoy memories of the good old days of modem dialing internet in the 90's. When I checked out, I was charged 63 € as if I was connected for 72 hours. I complained and mentioned that I was connected only 24 hours; my word was not good enough; after a call from the reception to Louise Petrakis "Guest Services Manager" of the hotel, I was credited only 21 €. I will add also that she never made the effort to come and explain in person, why they were overcharging for this service. The front desk person only said; Ibahn is an outside service that we don't have any control over and credit one day out of courtesy. My answer was, this service was provided in their hotel so they were responsible for it. Anyway, to make a long story short, the 21 € overcharge seems like a small amount went you spent over € 600, but it is a question of principle. I will not set a foot any more in this hotel which is not a 5 stars hotel, but a 4 stars hotel at best. It seems that is not the concern of the Guest Manager who questions the word of a customer obviously. I forgot to mention that if you take a breakfast in the dining room, you will be charged 30€ even if you get a croissant and one coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Italian chic and Parisian haute couture combine at the iconic hotel Castille. Standing alongside the legendary Chanel Maison, in the heart of the 1st Arrondissement, this romantic hotel is so Paris. Every detail has been lovingly restored to exude the opulence of its 18th century glory days, yet still retain a charm that you rarely find in a central Paris luxury hotel. At the Castille you’ll find a restaurant and bar that combine the style of Paris with Italian warmth and spirit. L’Assaggio offers an exquisite menu full of the finest Mediterranean flavours, topped off with a Florentine courtyard for al fresco dining. Then there’s the bar, perfect for light meals and any drink you can think of, day or night. Finally, the Salon de The is a wonderful spot to while away the afternoon over a fine tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Castille Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starhotels Castille Paris Hotel Paris
- Starhotels Castille Hotel Paris
- Paris Starhotels Castille Hotel
- Castille Hotel Paris