“Hospitality exceeds the expectations from Paris trip!”
Review of Castille Paris

Castille Paris
Ranked #256 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Istanbul, Turkey
“Hospitality exceeds the expectations from Paris trip!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Very good location within walking distance and easy access to Opera, Vendome, Louvre, CE. Hospitality is competible with European standarts, not like Paris. Renovated yet specific details are preserved. F&B is very good as well... Just perfect!

• Stayed March 2013
4 Thank elaTmkn
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest "ela Tmkn",

Thank you so much for your nice comment posted on Tripadvisor.
I am glad to read that either the location of the hotel or the kindness of the team made your stay even better than expected.

I look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.

Best regards.
Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
New York, NY
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at Castille Paris! The rooms were charming, cozy and comfortable. It is a boutique hotel, so while it may be missing the amenities of a large full service hotel, the convenient location and great neighborhood make up for it tenfold.

Bonus: The hotel is next door to the original Chanel boutique.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank ELNY575
Dear guest,
I would like to thank you for this detailled report about your stay at the Castille Paris. I am very glad to read your comments and what are the reasons why you do prefer our property to an other one. I am fully convinced that this kind of testimony will be very helpful for our future visitors.
Erwan Sarre - Deputy General Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I can't begin to describe the level of service at this hotel. 1 star is too many. I may lobby Tripadvisor to add half marks to their grading system.

This Hotel is located right in the heart of Paris and I was able to walk to the Louvre within about 10 minutes. It is a lovely area. I was there for work and had had a particularly horrendous drive over from the UK, after the unseasonal blizzards caused my drive from Calais to Paris to take 8.5 hours instead of the usual 3.5 hours. As you would expect after a 22 hour journey, I was tired but had to be up within a few hours to start the job I was there for.

This 5 star hotel is small, the rooms are only OK and not in keeping with a 5 star tag. I have stayed in quite a few highly marked hotels and this barely reaches 3.

The staff have a 'can't do' attitude. Simple as that. You want breakfast in your room at 6am (continental including croissants pastries and rolls as listed on the menu and scrambled eggs as an extra)? You can have it at 5.50am and the continental breakfast is just bread and apparently it's 'too early for eggs'.

On previous nights we wanted to stay up late in the bar. Unfortunately it closes at some ridiculous time like 10.30pm (can't verify this as we came back late after a hard day's work only to find it already closed). We then proceeded to collate the contents of our mini-bars and bring them down to the communal area to socialise. The staff wanted us to go to bed. We didn't want to - thus started a stand off. We wanted some food from the 24 hour kitchen. We were told there was 'no food'. We had a french girl with us and she went and told them to go and get some ham and cheese and some miraculously appeared! And then they charged us over 80 euros for the pleasure!!! The disgruntled cleaner who simply wanted to vacuum around us was helped back to a smile with a 20 euro tip. And we moved to allow him to do his job - I can honestly say we weren't expecting any special treatment and we didn't even get the 5 star basics.

The food in the hotel restaurant was really average and not worth the 18 euros I paid for a cold pasta dish.

Upon check out I stood next to a woman and they cheerfully waived her mini bar bill - I guess she must stay there quite often and probably has an amazing review of this hotel on here. I, for one, will never knowingly be booked into this hotel again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
9 Thank Stephen N
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Stephen N,
I sincerely apologize if we have not been able to meet your expectations and I am very sorry to read your disappointment about our Food & Beverage team.
I am very surprised to read as well about the time closure of our Bar as it closes every night at midnight with no exception.
Please be ensured that our staff is always very committed to our Guest's needs and that every member strives to provide our Customer with the best care and attention.
It is usually what our clients are complimenting about the most.
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments. Feed-backs (positive or negative) are the only way for us to improve and to increase our service level.
My only regret is not to be aware of the situation while you were at the hotel, as I could have been able to bring you all the assistance you needed and avoid this way your actual disappointment.
With my personal apologies,

Erwan Sarre
Deputy General Manager
westchester county, ny
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Down the quiet Rue Cambon in the heart of Paris is this gem of a hotel. We arrived in Paris during a blizzard last week and after a somewhat harrowing taxi ride from CDG, we were ushered into the warm and inviting lobby where we were greeted by a friendly and welcoming front desk. At check in, we were upgraded from 2 deluxe rooms (there were 4 of us) to 2 suites. Because the suites were not ready, they gave us a superior room to use in the meantime. I have to say that that room was indeed tiny, as many on Trip Advisor have mentioned, and I would have felt claustrophobic if I had to spend 5 nights in it. The suites ,however, are spacious, and beautifully decorated in an elegant, sophisticated style. The are appointed with flat screen tv's, espresso maker, and stylish yet comfortable furnishings. The bedroom was quiet and comfortable and peaceful for sleeping. The front desk and concierge staff are gracious and extremely helpful. They made us feel so comfortable and well taken care of, from the room upgrade, to amazing restaurant recommendations and reservations, even directions for the best routes to the sites using the metro. We were always greeted with a warm smile, and an inquiry as to our needs, if any, and how our day or night was. They all spoke beautiful english, which was a relief to me as my french is very limited. Their professionalism and warmth made us feel as though we had a real home base to retreat to after a day of sightseeing. The hotel manager was wonderful and provided helpful and friendly service which set the tone for the rest of the staff. Breakfast is served each morning in the beautiful hotel restaurant and is a delicious and artful presentation of pastries, fruits, granola's, yogurts, breads, cheeses, hams and sausages, and always warm scrambled eggs as well as hard boiled. The location of the hotel is so central. You can walk to the best shops in Paris as well as The Opera House, Place Vendome, Place de la Concorde, The Champs E'lysee and the Arch de Triomphe. There is a metro stop at the end of the street to get you anywhere else. This was by far my favorite trip to Paris, and I think in large part that is due to this wonderful little hotel and the amazing staff that run it. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa F
Erwan S, Deputy General Manager at Castille Paris, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Lisa F,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Hotel is boutique and clean. It is in a really nice area, with Chanel next door, 10 min walk to the Louvre. Felt very safe walking around, didn't feel safe at all when we crossed south of the river and got followed by 2 different gangs. Reception were very helpful, they made reservations for us. We stayed in a Deluxe room. It was small but perfectly acceptable for a weekend with 2 people. You don't need a large room as the point of Paris is to go out and explore.

Bathroom had a bath with shower over it. Toilet was in a tiny cupboard with poor ventilation. Doors were all chipped and it needed re-painting. Hallways had a sour sewage smell about them but the Louvre and the airport has the exact same smell in it, so it must be a Paris thing. The Ritz which is in the same street is being renovated, so during daylight hours there are building work noises. Street noise did travel up to our room on the 6th floor, so I didn't appreciate the bins being very noisily being emptied at 6am.

The Italian restaurant was poor, we only ate there once, there were no accompaniments to the dishes, so the risotto was literally a plate of rice. Breakfast was included in our rate, if it hadn't been we definitely wouldn't have paid for it. Pastries were mini ones. I would have thought with all the amazing patisseries in Paris that they would of had better pastries. Scrambled eggs were disgusting. You could pay extra and have an omelette made fresh. Starbucks is just 3 min walk away from the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Firefly51
Dear Firefly51,

Thank you for your recent comments. It is terrific to read how much you enjoyed our fabulous location in Paris.

However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the issues you experienced in your guestroom and at breakfast. Your feedback is very important and helps us to provide a better service.

We hope to see you again when visiting the City of Light.

With my best regards
New York
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Tiny space, claustrophobic really, and this was the upgraded suite. Plus much of the front desk personnel lacks professionalism. Only the night manager and the restaurant manager brought something more than basics to the task. Pleasant lobby for coffee if you are having a business rendezvous. Note: the male concierge gave poor advice as to the distance to a restaurant, which was a much longer walk than he estimated. We will be staying elsewhere; there is an abundance of hotels to choose from in this neighborhood at this price level.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank katten41
Dear Katten41,

After reading your comment you posted on TripAdvisor, it will be difficult to me to express by writing how frustrated and distredded I feel about the bad experience you had with us during your stay. It is so far away from the usual guest service we are proud to provide to our international guests. But it seems that this time we have been unable to answer to your basic needs and it is unforgivable. It will not change your idea about the Castille Paris (and I regret it), but based on your comments, I have already taken all measures with my team to make sure that these discrepancies in service will not happen again.

With my personal apologies,

London UK
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Perfect position for sight seeing or shopping, only stayed one night but clearly the rooms at the front and high up are light and far better than those inside ... cant fault the hotel as only stayed one night but will go back, have stayed in many of the finest in Paris and this is better value and benefits from being smaller.

Room Tip: at the front up high
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear JSMLondonUK,

Thank you for your comment regarding your recent stay with us.

We definitely look forward of welcoming you again at the Castille Paris.