“paris city centre hotel by excellence”

Castille - Starhotels Collezione
Ranked #305 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Recently upgraded to a five star hotel after renovation, the Castille is ideally located in the city centre of Paris. Walking distance from Opera, Louvre and all the 'maisons de haute couture'. We stayed in a junior suite, which was quietly located in a separate wing. Excellent and friendly staff. Only bemol: once this hotel had a Michelin starred restaurant, with excellent food, nowadays the restaurant is offering good but not extra-ordinary food.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank docswimmy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,072)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This hotel is wonderfully located, close to the Opera, the Louvre and Place Vendome. Great for shopping and sightseeing. I got a really quiet room at the back. It was a pretty spacious room, clean, warm and well appointed - and for a Parisian hotel, it was a large room! Its is possible that all rooms are not as good. The hotel is understated but offers quality and good service. Be warned that they sell rooms at too many different rates. I booked mine @ EUR 260 a night which I thought represented decent value for Paris, but later saw comments from other contributors here that they'd paid a lot less. On their website the Castille offers rooms at EUR 600, which is a ridiculous rip off. Incidentally, the breakfast is another rip-off @ EUR 30 so I just walked down to the cafe at the corner. They claim to have free internet which barely crawls, and a faster service is offered at EUR 7 per hour !! I wish they'd stop playing these stupid games for otherwise it's a very nice property.

Room Tip: I only saw one room - 253 - which was excellent.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AKP999
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Many times to paris, now we chose to star at this castille at gambon street, mainly because we like to do more shopping in paris as this periode is a sale season.

Walking distance to galerie lafayette and printempt malls, next to honore street branded shops also near to louvre museum and opera too

The standard room a bit petite and we upgraded to higher categoty, all minimalis design which is we like it, very modern, wifi internet is free everywhere included in the rooms

Is a quality hotel right in the shopping centre, just walk around, near to the metro to go beyond this area, such as eiffel tower

We stayed 3 nites

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Antonthedy
Reviewed January 24, 2013

had a week at the hotel everything was wonderful staff was nice room was perfect and best bathroom breakfast was expansive and the area was great highly recommend it if your not staying at the really expensive hotels

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We are privileged to be BA Executive Club members and travel enough that we get some great deals. We paid less then £500 for 2 rooms for 4 nights for this hotel, in the interest of full disclosure, so we thought it was amazing. Had I paid the full €500 a night, plus €30 breakfast, I would not have been as enamoured.

The decor is lovely. Obviously refurbished recently, and a lovely job. The staff were, without exception, flawless. Welcoming, accommodating and helpful. My French is average at best, but even with the smallest effort, they were incredibly warm and helpful in English.

I would say that if you get breakfast included as part of the price - it is the most wonderful breakfast I have ever eaten. I may just be overly enthusiastic about awesome bacon, pastries and baked appes, but I will miss that breakfast every day until I figure out how to mimic those apples.

The location is incredible. Oh yeah, Chanel is next door, but I'm kind of middle class at best, so I can't afford to dress well enough to get in there. But you know what I can afford? Macaroons. And you know where the best macaroons in Paris are? (if you say Pierre Herme you may be right but shut up for now, ok?)? LADUREE. And it's about a 4 minute walk away.

Back to the hotel. I'll be honest. The Internet sucks. Don't bother paying, the connection is as bad as the free speed. Not complaining about the free speed - but we paid €21 so we could watch Amy Pohleher and Tina Fey be amazing at the Globes, and the connection was awful. On the plus side, all I had to do was explain this to the front desk attendant, and he wiped the charge.

So, is this a €500 a night 5 star hotel? Only if you have tonnes of money and hae never stated in a 5 star hotel. If you get it for £120 a night, it's a dream.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank RedVarga
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed over holidays with my family. Excellent location near Tuilleries, Louvre, and Metro stations. I got a reasonable rate thru Hotwire, so I'm getting used to star inflation. The service was quite good, tho I did not find the restaurant recommendations from the Concierge was great.

AVOID, AT ALL COST THE Aux Delices de Manon-Paris Ile de France patisserie and restaurant around the corner (see the TripAdvisor reviews).

The rooms were on the small side, but not awful. Everything is very modern and clean. Bathrooms are excellent. Internet is a little spotty. Elevators are tiny -- we were on first floor so stairs were not a problem once we found them.

There was a strange smell in the hallways -- not sure what is was -- but not in the rooms or lobby/common areas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank familyinnh
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. This hotel is four star hotel and located on Cambon just next to the flag shop of CHANEL. It is very easy accesss to EGLISE DE LA MADELEINE and OPERA GARNIER, it takes about from three to five minutes.

The hotel is very confortable and clean. The room keepers informed us the weather every day. The stuffs were reliable and deligent. We booked a Michelin star restaurant so that they phoned the hotel to confirm the resavation even though I expected the calling to my mobile, and then a stuff of this hotel informed us and called back the restaurant quickly to confirm.

The bathroom was quite large and clean. We could get hot water of cause. The bath tub was separated from the toilet.

We were satisfied with this hotel and enjoyed staying in Paris.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple