“perfect paris location and charming hotel”

Le Pavillon de la Reine
Ranked #56 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 19, 2010

This is my favorite location in Paris, I love this part of the Marais. My husband booked two night for us after my mom & I stayed in a rented apartment for a week (which did not turn out to be so nice). The decor is beautiful and the hotel is truly comfortable in all ways. There are two sitting rooms in the front of the hotel which we really enjoyed. We slept amazingly well.
The hotel is expensive, but there really isn't anything this nice in this location in Paris. We have stayed in larger rooms near the Opera, but the neighborhood is not the same. And we have tried a few less expensive hotels but they were terrible.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2015

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Pavillon de la Reine.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your comment is very important to us and we will make sure to share it with our teams.

We hope to see you again very soon at the Pavillon de la Reine!

Kind Regards,

Sophie WEISS
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2010

The first room we were shown was configured in an attic space and we asked for somewhere a little more spacious. They obliged our request in spades, giving us a very much nicer suite with a separate room where our two children could sleep. The staff were, without exception, charming and helpful. The "spa" is really a nice steam room, a hot tub, a couple of massage rooms, and some gym equipment. All very nicely done. When I arrived at Charles De Galle and realized I'd left our passports (and a bunch of cash) in the safe in the room, the staff jumped into action and had an envelope delivered to us very promptly. We were there during August holidays, so we were told our room was reduced in price, though hardly what I'd call a budget price ($450 US including b'fast). The breakfast included croissant, bread etc, eggs, bacon, cereal, fruit, yogurt, cheese, cold meats... sumptuous. Location is directly across from the Place de Voges park.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2010

We adored this hotel, it is immaculate, romantic and welcoming. Rooms are charmingly Parisian in both elegance and size.
The location is ideal for traipsing all over Paris or relaxing in the Marais.
Breakfast was very very nice - good quality fresh cheeses, ham and other ingredients, fresh tropical fruits, lovely tea and coffee service.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I just returned with my partner from a brief and wonderful stay at the Pavillon de la Reine in Paris. When we got to the hotel, we were greeted with a very warm welcome from the congenial front-desk staffers, who were more gracious hosts than service-industry functionaries. They handled our early-afternoon arrival with aplomb, suggesting that we relax in the comfortable lobby for a few minutes while housekeeping finished cleaning after the previous occupants of our room, which turned out to be an upgraded accommodation, from the entry-level "superior" category to a duplex suite. Others on this website have suggested that these rooms are strangely cramped despite the double-height configuration, and I must say that I agree. Though the room is all high style and refined taste, the actual footprint of the suite is quite small, with room enough on the first level for a tiny low-ceilinged entryway, an average-sized bathroom, and a "cozy" sitting area of two side chairs and minuscule table, a desk area, and an armoire that houses the minibar, television, and compact stereo. Narrow stairs lead to the loft sleeping quarters. What makes up for the relatively tight spaces, however, is the glorious window that soars to nearly the full height of the entire room, which looks out onto the lovely front courtyard of the establishment.

Major pluses include the small but perfectly adequate fitness facility in the hotel's new spa; the impeccable service from every member of the large staff; the smartly decorated public areas; the astonishing hush of every space despite the hotel's location in a bustling part of Paris; the amazing setting on the formally pretty Place des Vosges; miraculously inviting lounge areas on the lobby level that served a bountiful white-tablecloth breakfast in the morning and clubby honor-bar drinks at night; a limited but fairly priced room-service menu available 24 hours a day, despite the fact that the hotel has no restaurant; a gorgeously comfortable bed and ample closets in the loft bedroom; air conditioning that really works; and nice little room amenities such as ample stationery, a nice selection of music CDs, good Molton Brown bath products, decent chocolate with turndown service, and extremely comfortable furniture.

A few minor niggles include a stray washcloth from a previous stay (ick) that was nearly hidden on an upper shelf in the bedroom (double ick); the darkness of the bedroom, even during the day; a vaguely latrine-like odor in the spa-level steam room that, thankfully, dissipated over time; also in the spa, a lukewarm jacuzzi; artificial flowers -- yes, artificial flowers! -- that were attached to live plants in the front garden.

Despite the little flaws, this has to be my favorite hotel in Paris, for it has a can't-be-beat location for those who favor the Marais/Bastille area, as well as a magical combination of boutique establishment, B&B, and palace hotel. I highly recommend Pavillon de la Reine for visitors to Paris who are seeking personalized service, comfortable and quiet accommodations in the heart of the city, and discreet and relaxed luxury.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Tim G, Directeur général at Le Pavillon de la Reine, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at the hotel Le Pavillon de la Reine.

I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments regarding our property.
Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all the teams!

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Tim Goddard

Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Pavillon de la Reine is by far the most charming hotel I have stayed at in Paris. Great and professional service, excellent breakfast in relaxing surroundings amongst an interesting international mix of guests. Cozy, stylish and efficient rooms. Room 12 is my favourite because it is overlooking the charming yard and with glimpse to Place des Vosges. Had a very nice facial treatment in the Spa, which was the perfect way to end a day of shopping in the nearby shopping streets. I have never experienced such kind and warm service before as in this hotel thanks to the charming GM Tim Goddard. Another plus is that the hotel is located just 1 minute walk from the famous 3 Michelin Star restaurant L´Ambroisie. I can highly recommend it whether its for a romantic stay in Paris or purely business.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your wonderful comments regarding our property.
Please be assured that I have shared your feedback with all the teams!

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Tim Goddard

Reviewed June 22, 2010

First. In my previous review, I rushed and did not proof before sending so there are tons of mistakes..sorry...that is ADD :)

I am in France every few weeks in Provence and such I Have traveled everywhere in France (pause) twice...so benefit from my objective reviews. Normally I live la vie Francais when I am in my base in Provence.
Pavillon de la Reine looks beautiful from the inside and the outside and it certainly has
many luxe touches as well as ambiance. That being said, maybe because when I've stayed at 5* luxe hotels like the George V and the Ritz, I never associate being service orienated towards your clients as also meaning you should feel lucky to be staying here.
We were supposed to have a superior room as even these are known as not big but the Standards are truly small, especially based on what you pay. The room (standard) was lovely..but small and not comfortable at all. The staff seemed to have varying degrees of attitude based on the status of your room. Place des Vosges is one of the most beautiful Squares in Paris...or used to be. Now...there is so much boutique shopping and 'scenes' based in the 3/4 arr, which is around the hotel...that it is almost as claustrophobic as the 6th. Breakfast was fine...nothing extraordinary and even after seeing the other rooms...I would not come back here again to stay. I just didnt like the vibes. In contrast, Hortel Relais Christine , from the staff to the chambers, gives you an exemplary experience in regard to all the aspects I mentioned above about the 'Reine'.. That would be my first choice for a boutique hotel of this genre.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LeTerrible
Reviewed May 29, 2010

What a beautiful hotel! Great location in the heart of the Marais,beautifully decorated and run extremely well. Loved everything about it.

Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple