Arriving on a cold evening this place was very welcoming. It's dimly lit and can only be described as being "sexy" - and as the great Nigel Tuffnel once correctly remarked "what's wrong with being sexy?".
The breakfast/honesty bar area is a tremendous communal space that woks well both in the morning and at night.
Staff are helpful and friendly - simpy ask and they will sort out whetever you need.
Our room (#12) was lovely - a two story duplex with sofa, chairs and TV downstairs, separate loo and shower/basin room. The shower is top-draw.
The beds are excellent - we both slept very well. It had a double-height door that opens onto the courtyard.
Breakfast was decent with some of my favourite things - fresh passion fruit, pre-cut half pink grapefruits and the coffee was excellent (double espressos with a little jug of warm milk).
There are some imperfections (a little dust, the TV picture wasn't great) but really, who cares? This hotel is in one of the nicest areas of Paris when visiting for a short time and it just feels intimate, cool and as I said before - sexy.
And these days, not many hotels are that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pavillon de la Reine & Spa, a discreet luxury address in the heart of Le Marais! Established in the Place des Vosges, in the heart of Le Marais, both one of the most famous and most historical districts of Paris, the Pavillon de la Reine perpetuates an elegant atmosphere combined with discreet luxury to attract the most stylish globetrotters in the world in their quest for a quiet and discreet place to relax. The Pavillon de la Reine is embellished with its shady gardens s and its distinctive facade. Its historical setting has been totally reviewed by Didier Benderli (Kerylos Interieurs) blended with a contemporary and friendly touch, combining aesthetics with original ideas. The Pavillon de la Reine offers a universe with a subtle and contemporary charm and unexpected combinations of material, colours and styles. The Pavillon de la Reine comprises 54 rooms and suites 4 stars all decorated distinctively, using different shades of colours and furniture. They make use of the surrounding space elegantly and they are in total harmony with the atmosphere unique to ParisHotels Particuliers. Decoration, in some rooms, combines beams with large mirrors and iron bound trunks, while more contemporary dark wood furniture is the focus of other rooms. The Suite de la Reine and Victor Hugo Suite hint at the history of Le Marais comprising graphic literary details, punctuated with a modern decorative touch. The Spa de la Reine by Codage, a revelation to your Senses! The 250 m² Spa (2,420 sq feet) comprises 2 treatment booths, a gym and Jacuzzi as well as a steam bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Le Pavillon de la Reine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pavillon De La Reine Hotel Paris
- Pavillon De La Reine Paris