“Great boutique hotel in the chic VII arrondissement”

Hotel Duc de Saint Simon
Ranked #561 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My favourite boutique hotel in Paris, the Duc de Saint Simon is also in my favourite area: the VII arrondissement, just off Boulevard Saint Germain, which means I could easily walk to theTuileries Garden and the Champs Elysees in one direction, and the Saint Germain or even the Latin Quarter in the other, and of course the Musee d Orsay and the Musee Rodin in the beautiful hotel Byron were very close by. I got exactly the room that I asked, it was close to the lift but I slept perfectly well. The room was small but perfect, with cream boiseries/mouldings and beautiful cream and red toile fabrics. I used their car service and both the drivers were nice and professional. I will definitely stay there again during my next trip to Paris, next March.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Ducsimon, Manager at Hotel Duc de Saint Simon, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Please find herewith Many thanks ... We hope to see you soon in the Duc of Saint SImon ..
Hâve à Nice day
Best regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed a week at the Saint Simon, from Xmas 2013 to January 2, 2014 and we were delighted with most every aspect of our stay. Staff uniformly courteous, unflappable and extremely helpful; furnishings and decor sumptuous with, for instance, wall coverings of silk, the elevator stylish as can be with antique Oriental carpet-like walls; great lobby and entrance. Luxurious bathroom, sheets and towels. Great location - walking distance to Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre, and excellent restaurants. Wish we could have stayed another week. About the only feature less than heavenly: rooms are Parisian size, not US size, but the quality makes up for this easily: we had a suite facing a picturesque inner courtyard with trees and plants, composed of two smallish rooms.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HungarianTraveler
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Duc de Saint Simon in July 2013. It was a pleasant surprise to find this wonderful little boutique hotel in St Germaine. The location is ideal, just a lock awat from Boulevard St Germain but down a quiet street and only a quick walk away from the Metro, Musee d'Orsau and the Louvre. There are also some really good local cafes in the surrounding streets,

The hotel itself it is very authentically french with beautiful decor and luxurious rooms, To top it all off the staff were amazinf. They were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

We will definately book this place again on our next trip to Paris

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roamaz

Please find herewith Many thanks for all this kindness about us ... We hope to see you soon in the Duc of Saint SImon ..
Hâve à Nice day
Best regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013

It is hard to find a quiet and charming hotel in Paris but this is one. The only downside is that he hotel is betting a little shabby so that some refurbishment is in order. The locations is really excellent -- right near the Rue du Bac metro station, within walking distance of the Musee d'Orsay and the Louvre.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward W
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hotel Duc de Saint Simon for 4 nights on what was probably around our 30th visit to Paris & we found the hotel exceptionally good. The location was excellent in a quiet street a block away from both Rue du Bac & Boulevard St Germaine and the hotel was great, we had an amazing room on the ground floor overlooking a small private courtyard which allowed for plenty of fresh air & the bathroom was large by any standards & had as well as a big walk in shower also had a great bath, The booking was easy, as was our check in & check out and we found the staff to be extremely pleasant and helpful. Breakfast, which we had in our room, was also good & again the service was excellent - there is no doubt that we will be staying again in this hotel

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor overlooking the small courtyard and it was great, it would appear that...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank David M
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've never been in Paris before, so my review is in isolation, but I would highly recommend this small, adorable place to stay. Close to everything. Staff very helpful (we asked them in the morning for tickets to museums or sites, and had the tickets in our hands in minutes, enabling us to dance right past long lines.) The rooms are exactly what I imagine truly French hotels look like -- beautiful fabric designs, gracious and comfortable layout. Bathroom was perfect --- newly re-done, large shower with water pressure that I can only dream of at home. Contrary to some of the reviews, I thought the lobby was the best I've seen -- straight out of a French novel. (Take a photo of someone you love sitting on the couch.) Magical courtyard, and, best of all, a tiny porter who whisks your suitcase up and down the small winding staircase like it was a feather.
Who would stay anywhere else?

Room Tip: We stayed in room 44.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Sue W
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I just returned from my 10th trip to Paris where I stayed for the first and last time at the Hotel Duc de Saint Simon. For 275 euro per night, I expected a gracious and quiet hotel. It was just the opposite. They were quick to charge my American Express the reservation fee but never sent confirmation--I had to request it several times. I had difficulty sleeping because of constant door slamming--the fault of the way the doors are constructed not the patrons. The room was unusually small. The staff was haughty, condescending, and very unhelpful to its customers. The lobby is small and uncomfortable along with the rooms. I sat in the lobby one evening and watched the staff refuse to answer basic questions re: directions, sightseeing, and airport transfer. Initially, they refused to arrange van service to the airport insisting that I take their private car for 120 euros. There are too many gracious hotels in Paris to waste time and dollars on the Duc de Saint Simon.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank M W
Ducsimon, Propriétaire at Hotel Duc de Saint Simon, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

First of all we thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris.

We are very sorry that you didn’t enjoy your stay with us and we are also sad to read

your comments especially concerning our staff.

Usually the comments that we have on the TripAdvisor are quite the contrary because

the hotel is entirely renovated and our staff is congratulated by their wonderful work.

1. You mentioned the 5.60euros reservation fee that you paid

by your American express card. This amount is announced the moment you make your booking

and it goes directly to the webmaster not to the hotel. We are sorry if you didn’t

notice that from the confirmation.

2. We did send you twice the booking confirmation from the hotel in addition to the

one that you receive from the web service but my staff told me that you had difficulties in opening the file on your computer. But everything was in order when you arrived at the hotel.

3. Concerning the slamming doors. We are sorry if you had trouble sleeping but since the hotel has just been renovated all of the room doors close silently and we have an excellent soundproofing system.

Also I have to add that our clientele does not slam their doors.

4. Our staff loves to give advice & directions & finding restaurants etc. for our guests so, to be honest we didn’t understand that comment at all. Sorry.

5. And about the car; we gave you the choice, like we do for all other guests to take a taxi or a private car or a shuttle and you chose the shuttle. We sincerely hope that it was okay because it takes more time than the private car that you refused.

We all wish you the best for the future trips and we are sorry that you weren’t satisfied with us.

Kind regards