Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$230
$198
$168
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel La Manufacture(Paris)(Great Value!)
$138
$117
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$294
$224
Orbitz.com
$400
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsclarins productsdoor mangeorge vturn down serviceupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelfront desk staffbeautiful roomhotel restaurantluxury hotelwonderful stayan upgradeearly checklarge bathroomarc de triumphstandard roomloved this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Absolutely marvellous hotel where we felt like we were staying in a mansion rather than a hotel. The room was lovely and the hotel had it's own ambience that was extremely dignified. The location of the hotel cannot be faulted, being less than 50 meters from Champs Elysees and all it's beauty and attractions. The staff are polite and attentive and were only too keen to help make our stay a pleasant one. Overall, we were very happy and would recommend to others to stay there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

Your comments have been shared with our team which will motivate them to
continue their efforts in providing our valuable customers with quality
products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lancaster in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I choose The Hotel Lancaster based on the advice of friends who had stayed here many years ago. It was our first visit to Paris and our expectations were high, The Hotel Lancaster exceeded our expectations in every way!
From the moment we arrived curbside, everything was spectacular. The bellman/doorman was prompt, kind, and professional. At the front desk, everyone we encountered was very kind, helpful and sincere in the way they always greeted us, helped us and generally made us feel like welcomed special guests. The location, just a one minute walk to Champs-Elysees, was fantastic. When we need directions to something, the front dest team always provided a map and detailed directions. When I needed to do some business, again the front desk team was able to quickly and efficiently help me with scanning and emailing documents. Dinner reservations, no problem, a special table for lunch at Le Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower, again handled with ease. Our room was spotless during our entire stay. As our french was limited, the english speaking team at the hotel was a relief to us. This is a first class property which we recommend without reservation, and we will stay here again for our next visit to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on Tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Lancaster.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were very satisfied with our service and enjoyed very much your stay with us during your first viist in Paris.

Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff and the hotel in general.

We all look forward to welcoming you to the Lancaster in the near future.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

On my first visit I had shared the very small elevator with Audrey Hepburn!
All staff so polite and helpful- not sure how the French have gotten their reputation for being rude. Just not our experience anywhere and certainly not there. From the first day we were always addressed by name, with inquires about how our day had been.
Enjoyed the breakfasts and always looked forward to drinks in the bar!

Room Tip: Not much of a view on street- maybe garden side would be better but it really is just a small courtyard which looks across to other rooms. We did not spend any time in the room really so it did not make much difference. Rooms 600 and 601 very nice.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

Nice to read that you remember your previous stay after all those years...

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us. Your enthusiasm for our staff is very much appreciated and will be a great source of motivation for them. I will certainly not fail to convey your very kind compliments to them.

We all look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future or at the least in 50 years.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have returned to this hotel after 20 years because I loved it on my last visit here. We are here now to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

Upon arrival the concierge greeted us kindly.

Then we were taken to the WORST room in this hotel, # 100. (I believe we were given this because I booked the reservation on Booking.com, although I could have used my Amex. Platinum.) We did try to upgrade to a suite because one of our kids joined us but "none" were available. They did add a charge of $120 Euros per night for an extra twin.

The actual room is really beautiful but the room location has problems.

Room #100 is directly above the lobby on the first floor. As a result, we hear all of the street traffic, and get all of the smoke in the window from the street smokers. Also, for some reason we hear everything from the hall, and every cough from the rooms next door. The smell of smoke in our room from the hotel hallways is sickening, even though we have a non-smoking room. We have our a/c on to help filter the air.

This morning we were seated for coffee but it turned out that it is "for breakfast". We didn't know we couldn't just have coffee. Then we discovered we had to pay for the entire breakfast---- $40 Euros. Something was not communicated well in that arena.

I read a few other reviews from former guests and see that they were treated so well on their anniversary and given upgrades etc. I can not report any of that and will not recommend the hotel to anyone. I do not feel that we have been treated warmly at any point of our stay.

The hotel is beautiful, and the location is incredible. I wish I could report a better experience and hope other travelers will gain knowledge from my experience.

Room Tip: Do not take room #100.
3  Thank Pam S
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on Trip advisor following your recent stay with us at the Hotel.

We are all glad to read that you enjoyed the particular feel of our upscale neighborhood as well as the hotel and your room.

We are sorry to read that the room was noisy despite the double window + the second window.

I am very concerned by your constructive remark regarding the smoke smell in your room and will investigate in order to localize the provenance. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we apologize.

We put all our efforts in making each of our guests feel at home and not just “looked after”, so I am sorry to learn that you did not feel totally the sense of hospitality that makes our reputation and for which most of our guests choose to return.

In the morning, the buffet breakfast is served from 7.00 AM until 10.30 AM in the dining room and the bar. After 10.30 the bar is open for continental breakfast or coffee.

Hoping that you will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have to say the 4 nights staying at Hotel Lancaster could be one of my best hotel experiences in my life. First of all it's at a very convenient location which you can walk in 3 min to Champs-Elysees and do the crazy shopping in the neighborhood, which I believe is one of the most important things in Paris. Secondly the staffs are all very nice and helpful for the staying and assistance on your needs. One of the examples was that the concierge recommended a very nice Michelin one-star restaurant for me and I did enjoy the dinner at my first night stay in Paris. I also want to say the room is small but very comfortable for staying. Everything in the room is well prepared and the shower water is very powerful - that's very important for a good stay too.
I also tried the Michelin one-star restaurant "Table at Lancaster" but felt it's just OK honestly speaking. Anyway I will definitely stay here again when I visit Paris next time and would love to recommend to my friends for the Paris experience.

Room Tip: The hotel concierge provides the tickets for some museums that can save lots your time to waiting in the long que.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to leave your comments on tripadvisor following your recent stay with us.

It was indeed a pleasure to read that you were very satisfied with our services and enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have a large selection of room categories and you may want to consider the option of a larger room for you next visit.

I am however very much concerned by your remark regarding the food in our restaurant. Feel free to contact me to explain me a little more about your meal and we will of course take your remarks in consideration for a future menu : We are proposing a new card every season.

We all look forward to welcoming you again in a not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely