“Classic luxury, excellent service”

Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #391 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the moment I arrived to the hotel until the time when I left to the airport, I was spoiled with amazing service and extremely friendly staff. Especially the concierge team made my stay in Paris very efficient, as they organized e.g. tickets to Louvre so that I did not have to stay in the line for 3 hours.

The hotel's location is convenient, although I would personally prefer location somewhere closer to the Opera. However, metro stop was just a few steps away from the hotel so it made it easy to get almost everywhere.

Rooms were light and clean, the hotel was extremely quiet although being nearly fully booked. It is difficult to find anything bad to say about this property. I would strongly recommend it, especially if it is your first time in Paris and the time is limited; the concierge team seems to be there just for you and available at all times and for all questions. There was not a question which could not been answered, which made me feel that I dealt with true professionals who had a real passion for their work - something that is hard to find these days.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Valentino Piazz

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I'm not the type of person that typically comments on experiences or customer service but, given my recent five-day stay at the Hotel Lancaster in Paris last week, I'm compelled to sit down and write a review.

The Hotel Lancaster is very conveniently located at approximately the mid-way point off of the Champs-Élysées (between the Arc de Triomphe and the Louvre) on a quiet street. It's the attention to detail at this hotel that made our family's first visit to Paris so special: (1) double sets of french doors that allow you to stand on a small balcony, yet, when closed, render the room vault-like quiet), (2) the exceptional front desk staff, any of whom could serve as concierge at many a fine hotel that I visit in the U.S.; they always exceeded my expectations, especially upon our return as very tired visitors from a day in the wonderful city of Paris, (3) the cleanliness and assistance of the housekeeping staff, whether turning down beds in the evening or maintaining a spotless room. I could go on, but you simply can't go wrong by selecting this hotel. I honestly wouldn't have checked out if I was offered a similar rate at the Four Seasons in Paris.

Room Tip: We added a rollaway to the very large king bed in the room for our daughter and it was so well prepa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment.

products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

The Lancaster has Luxury, Location (a block off the Champs-Élysées), wonderful attentive service (they went out of their way to help with any and every request), great bar, the restaurant and breakfast was delicious, comfortable, clean, just incredible, we loved it, if it wasn't Paris we might have just stayed in the hotel all week! We did travel with a couple that had trouble with the air conditioning in their room during our stay however ours was fine, we have no complaints only compliments.
When we departed we had a very early morning flight and the gentleman at the front desk came up to make certain we were awake then brought us a tray of coffee, juice, fruit, etc. was really a nice luxurious treat at the end of a brilliant holiday stay at the Lancaster!

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor over looking the patio, it was a nice view into the garden and quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mi-Dan20
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Reviewed August 4, 2013

What an experience,from the friendly welcome on arrival,to the exceptional help we received from the concierge regarding restaurants in the area. We had a lovely room on the 1st floor overlooking the courtyard,with a welcoming bottle of champagne,on the occasion of my wife's 60 th birthday! The location of the hotel is excellent,with the Champs Elysees nearby you can hop on the open top bus for a tour of the city or walk to the Bateaux Mouche to enjoy a cruise down the river Seine.However,the highlight of our stay was the meal in the Michelin star restaurant,located in the hotel. This was food heaven,complemented by exceptional service from very professional staff. We had Dublin bay prawns,red mullet,exquisite cheeses all washed down with the best Chablis ever. A wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We had a room facing onto a quiet courtyard,as opposed to one facing a busy street.I would recommend...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

products and services.

Our kitchen chef just received an award from Francois Hollande, the French President. We are happy to read that you enjoyed our restaurant .

Reviewed July 30, 2013

I just came back (7-29-13) from a week's stay at this incredible hotel with an even more incredible staff! Everything about this hotel was perfecto! I had a beautiful room overlooking the garden with beautiful white linens, a fireplace,, a big marble bathroom with so many amenities.
The staff was so gracious and helpful beyond anything expected! Especially the Concierge, Jeremy, who was so willing to share his knowledge of Paris down to the smallest detail. The food was unbelievably delicious...and presented graciously. You are so taken care of at the Hotel Lancaster. It is a "gem" ! I will happily recommend it to everyone.and hope to be back there myself again. I cannot say enough "excellent" things about my experience there. Bravo to the staff! Bravo to the beautiful hotel itself! It is truly a beautiful experience to stay there.

Room Tip: I had room 304--garden view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment. I immediately shared your comments and everyone is very proud and pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us..

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as it encourages to strive for excellence.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lancaster in the near future,

With my best regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

People were very friendly and courteous - especially in restaurant. However, there were problems with A/C all week and front desk tried to cover up the issues saying it was just the hot weather outside. We finally got someone to admit that equipment was old and needed to be replaced but management was putting this off. I think all travelers hate being lied to.
Food at breakfast was very good and attendants were outstanding - really made you feel welcome.
Drinks in bar grossly overpriced - paid over 50 euros for 2 glasses of wine and 2 mixed drinks.
Room was large and comfortable except for A/C. Bathroom okay but shower pressure very high (which is normally a great thing) while curtain/wall did not keep water from floor area (because of high pressure).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RG59Traveler
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment and express your kind words to our F&B team.

I am sorry that your experience did not totally meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem with the air conditioning system and prevent any future occurrences.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lancaster, it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future, in the meantime,

Sincerely

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We spent four nights (upgraded to a suite on the top floor-right beside the gym!!!) in May celebrating our European honeymoon. What a special treat! Even before checkin, we knew we had selected a great hotel. On numerous occasions, the concierge helped us and recommended both restaurants, daily outings and made all the reservations for us.

Our suite was amazing. It had three walk outs to a terrace overlooking both the Eiffel Tower and the courtyard gardens. The living area was all French provincial furniture with a romantic atmosphere. The marble bathroom and bedroom were both heavenly. The bottle of champagne in our suite upon check-in, was perfect.

We had a wonderful dinner in their main Michelin star dining room, La Table du Lancaster. Our only complaint was the sommelier, who kept recommending white wines in the 250-300 Euro range. How many tourists want to spend $500 on a bottle of wine??? It took some time and patience, but she finally suggested a Cotes du Rhone white under 100 EUR.

An anniversary at the Lancaster Hotel in Paris- can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

products and services.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon before the next arrival of Tour de France.