“Nice hotel in convenient location off Champs Élysées”

Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #361 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very nice hotel on side street near Arc de Triomphe. Very clean and upscale. Staff took great care of us. Expensive, but very nice. Room small. Get a room not street side. Can be very loud at night if you want to sleep with windows open.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank beandy342
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding our services.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Starting off with the location, Hotel Lancaster is just off Champs-Elysées. Perfect for every designer-loving global jet setter, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, etc. are all just less than 5 minutes away from the hotel. The famed Printemps & Colette department stores are also just a short car ride away.

Reception was surprisingly welcoming; the front desk staff was polite and incredibly friendly. It was my boyfriend & I's first time in Paris, and from the stories I heard from friends I was not even expecting the service to even be lukewarm. Interestingly for me though, Parisians were so much nicer to us than the Italians, contrary to popular belief.

Moving on to the room, we booked the one bedroom suite, and it was perhaps the smallest suite I've ever seen. Despite the size, it was very luxurious and comfortable. I'm not particularly a huge fan of the Rococo, but it was well balanced with modernist touches like mirrors and simple accessories. It did feel slightly dated by a couple of years, but totally pardonable since you cannot expect a hotel to look perfectly up-to-date throughout its existence. Overall, the room amenities as well as the fixtures & furnishing, were indeed very pampering and well worth every penny. It just wasn't exactly my taste (but my boyfriend loved it).

We had our shopping bags sent to the hotel by the boutiques nearby, and when we got back to our room after dinner at Guy Savoy, it was really nice to see how tastefully our shopping bags were placed in the sitting room. It was practically good enough for a shoot!

Now comes the downside: the gym. Compared to the rest of the hotel's common areas and its rooms, the gym was just plain underwhelming. We felt so unmotivated by it that we just decided to jog along the beautiful river Seine instead, which was just about ten minutes away from the hotel.

The crown jewel of Hotel Lancaster is undoubtedly the three Michelin starred restaurant, La Table Du Lancaster. I won't go on about it here, but if you're a fan of fine dining, this is definitely as much of as must try as Guy Savoy. Definitely, this is one very strategically priced restaurant when you compare it to other three starred restaurants.

Hotel Lancaster's external architecture is a beautiful Beaux-Arts style. But with the modernist furniture, and Rococo moldings, and some other neoclassical furniture, I wasn't too sold on its bipolarity.

Overall though, still an amazing piece of property I wouldn't mind staying at again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our service and our hotel.

We are offering different types of suite from 55 square meters up to 100 square meters.

Just to clarify and to avoid misunderstanding, our hotel restaurant “La Table du Lancaster” is quoted one star in the Michelin guide. The dining room has been refurbished last January.

Our exercise room located on the 8th floor (with the view of Montmartre and Sacre Coeur church)is provided with 3 machines : Butterfly , Natural runner , Exercise bike, free Weights, Pull up bars, bench and dry sauna.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

We loved this hotel. Very clean, large elegant rooms, impeccable service and amenities, and the hotel restaurant for dinner was one of the best meals that we had while in Paris. The staff speaks excellent English and offered up and arranged many wonderful meals at local restaurants. The location is within walking distance if anything and everything.

• Stayed: May 2013
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

Genaral Manager

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent a week in this charming hotel with a great location. The hotel has a lot of charm and the staff is pretty good about being accommodating and helpful with touring. Be sure to inquire as to the price for what they are suggesting. For example, they will happily book you an expensive tour to go to Disney for the day-no need to get a tour. The metro is 2 blocks away and takes you straight in without hassle. (Be sure to buy the Disney tickets on-line first). We did not like any of the restaurants that the hotel suggested. We are foodies and very picky! As to the facilities, the bathrooms are very comfortable but the room furniture is NOT and the closets are super small with drawers that STICK. Beds are nice! The excercise room just ISN'T an excercise room! The equipment doesn't really work and the room is super small. I'm a die hard excerciser and there was just no way. VERY IMPORTANT-do not get a room that faces the street. The hotel is on a street with a lot of nightclubs and the noise is very loud. The courtyard is lovely and in the evenings perfect for a nightcap. Breakfast is charming, French and simple.

Room Tip: get a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cathleen H

Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with the readers. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Lancaster.

We have taken due note of your observations.

We are really sorry that you did not enjoyed the restaurants suugested by our concierge and we apologise.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

With kind regards.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

For those of you who travel to Paris often, you know finding a good hotel at a decent price is quite hard, especially if you are looking for one in a good location. I therefore decided it would be a good idea to change the hotels i stay at every time I visit, hoping I would eventually find one that hit the mark. Hotel Lancaster did exactly that, and I could have been more please with my stay.
Trying to book only a couple of days before my arrival, the only room available was the standard room, which I am often very scared of booking because in my previous experiences, standard rooms tend to be tiny, with little light. The standard room, with a courtyard view at Lancaster however was worth every penny. It was spacious and full of light, with a view of the beautiful restaurant patio from the window.
What truly impressed me most about this hotel however were the room amenities. I have had the chance to stay at multiple hotels of different price ranges, and I have rarely seen a room as well equipped as this. They had thought of everything. Deodorant, Lip gloss, a sponge!! George V, which changes you double the price doesnt even provide these!
It does not have a spa, a business center or anything you would expect at a big hotel, so if this is what you are looking for, it is not ideal. It does however have a small a gym room, with the bare minimum necessary to get the job done. If you want a small, intimate experience in Paris, with wonderful service, luxury amenities, and a michelin starred restaurant I recommend it strongly.

Room Tip: rooms with acourtyard view are quieter and greener
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mathyldal
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment.

I immediately shared your comments and everyone is very proud and pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us..

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as it encourages to strive for excellence.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Lancaster in the near future, in the meantime,

With my best regards

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on a Sunday at 11 am and our room was waiting for us. Before we arrived we had several emails with the concierge staff. They were extremely helpful in making reservations and advising us on everything from the weather to what to bring. The rooms were of avg. size but the bathroom was large and had great water pressure. Housekeeping cleaned the room twice per day. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is older so do not expect a typical 5 star US hotel with 70 inch plasmas, 3000 sq ft. work out room,gigantic lobby, etc. However this hotel had everything we needed and is in the heart if the shopping district and easy walk to the Seine and Arc de Triomphe. My only criticism of the hotel is the free WiFi is sporadic and slow and our room walls were a little to thin. Overall though 5 stars and My wife and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our service.

Your comments have been shared with our teams which will motivate them to
products and services.

We had an issue with our internet wifi provider but it is now fixed. We are sorry for the inconvenience and we apologize.

The hotel is offering the cosy atmosphere of a private Parisian home decorated with a collection of paintings and antique furniture.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I visited Paris for a just an overnight business trip, and chose this hotel close to my office, I found the service very pleasant and courteous; the hotel generally and my room were broadly very nice - I could even see the Tour Eiffel! The only trouble was that being located in a high room at the front, the heating was overpowering (I turned it off despite the cold outside) and I also had to open the balcony door which made it very noisy overnight due to the close proximity of the Champs Elysee nightlife. But I shall return and perhaps ask for a room at the back next time.

Room Tip: High room at the front has a view of the Eiffel Tower from the balcony
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your kind words regarding our services.

Valtentino Piazzi