“Great Small Hotel in Heart of Paris”

Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #361 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 6, 2013

This is a great high end hotel near the Arc de Triomphe. The service is excellent. The rooms are small, but nothing out of the ordinary for Europe. The location can't be beat, just off the Champs Elysees. It's a nice quiet hotel for couples or business travelers. It can be pricey, but I have found some good deals on some travel sites - especially in Winter.

I have been traveling to Paris a lot for business this year, and this is one of my favorite hotels in the city.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MNtoAnywhere
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Paris and for taking the time to post your comment.
Our main goal is your satisfaction, therefore your feedback is important to us.

products and services.

We thank you for your fidelity and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lancaster during your next visit to Paris.

Yours Sincerely.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband and I spent about ten days there compliments of the French Government back in the late 70's. The service was stellar and way beyond our expectations. Over the years I have continued to follow the hotel and it is still what it was then, the "Gem" of Paris. Congratulations to the staff and managers over the years... Job well done.

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear Madam,

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stays over the years. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services. Thank you for supporting the Lancaster over the years.

products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

The staff at Hotel Lancaster made my stay in Paris last week an amazing experience.
Everyone was truly above and beyond helpful, the service is impeccable.

They brought extra heaters to my room and the lovely staff in the restaurant made me special tea's and tonics for my head cold and served all my dietary needs. They made a hair appointment for me all with the highest level of hospitality.

The decor is simple chic and elegant.

As I was in Paris on business and the days at the trade show were long and tiring and
Paris was very cold and snowy, it was a nice to return to the hotel that made me feel
At home and spoiled.

Hotel Lancaster will be my first choice when visiting Paris!

Room Tip: Courtyard view was nice. For a single person room 211 was great.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment, I immediately shared your comments and everyone is very proud and pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as it encourages to strive for excellence

We all hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Lancaster in the near future,
in the meantime,

With my kind regards.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Lancaster for my wife's recent birthday.

The staff are extremely friendly and welcoming, and sorted out some champagne, flowers and chocolates for our arrival.

The suite that I booked was fantastic, with a wonderful balcony from which you could see both the Sacre Coeur and the Eiffel Tower, although it was a tad cold, being a snowy January, to spend much time out there!

The restaurant was closed for renovation, but the salon that we had delicious breakfast in was very pleasant.

The hotel is ideally situated, being no more than five minutes walk from the George V station on the Champs Elysees. This puts you within 10 minutes of the Arc de Triomphe; the wonderful shopping on the Champs Elysees and a short walk to Rue Montaigne - which houses a collection of some amazing shops, which, given it was my wife's birthday, was a wonderful treat for her.

A short hop will take you to the Louvre or the Eiffel Tower, or the galleries by Rue Fauberg Saint Honore.

As to the hotel, rose petals on the bed - arranged in heart shape - made my wife feel really special. Touches such as this made my wife feel really special. And as this was a birthday treat for her, I can't thank them enough.

The building itself is charming and decorated beautifully and with charm.

All in all, it is a brilliant, romantic and cosy hotel.

I have not the slightest hesitation in giving this my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DandEHants
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very cosy and comfortable hotel with a an elegant feel. Room was large with plenty of space. Staff were very helpful especially the concierges who are excellent.
Ideal location to explore the area with all the shops on your doorstep.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our hotel.

products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to the Lancaster.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I just backed to Tokyo, after 6 nights stray at Hotel Lancaster. We already miss the hotel, and we really want to stay this hotel again, when we visit Paris in the future.

All staff members were so friendly, very flexible and always listened what I wanted to do. The room, we stayed, was clean and comfortable, and the location was convenient to go anywhere, as metro line 1 station was closed to the hotel.

One of the unique points of the hotel is the room key, which is not card key. So, when you back to the hotel, you need to pick up your room key at front deck, and every time, you see the smile at the front desk, which may make you feel as if you back to your home.

The hotel’s restaurant, La Table du Lancaster, is also great, which made our anniversary really special. I should have share my appreciation more to staff members in the restaurant, especially to sommelier, who chose great white wine, and made that night really fun.

This hotel and the restaurant were above my expectation and made our first trip to Paris fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you taking the time to post your comments.

We are delighted to read your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon to the Lancaster.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about this quaint yet classy boutique hotel. My husband and I traveled with our four children (ages 15, 13, 11 and 8) on our first trip to Paris this past July (2012). I used American Express to communicate with the hotel our needs as a big family. The hotel also arranged transportation for us from the airport so we didn't have to use two cabs. From the moment we landed and exited the gate to find a representative from the hotel waiting for us to the driver that parked and escorted us into the train station for our train ride to London, we were extremely well taken care of by the staff at Hotel Lancaster. The hotel is beautiful but it was the courteous and efficient staff that made our vacation the best of the summer (we were also in London, Dublin and Hawaii this summer). The Concierge staff could not have been better. When we arrived bleary eyed from our overnight flight, they arranged our breakfast in the dining area even though the restaurant had already closed. When my children were starving at midnight after a late night at the Eiffel Tower, the staff scrambled to find snacks although the kitchen was closed. Every day the Concierge staff patiently spent time offering their advice and mapping out routes for our excursions. They were also respectful and patient with us butchering their beautiful language and never once did we sense any annoyance with our big American family. I am extremely grateful for the welcome they gave us in Paris.

The hotel itself is small and old but that is what makes it so charming. It is beautifully and comfortably furnished and the housekeeping staff obviously makes cleanliness a priority. It has a wonderful location that makes walking to many of the sites convenient. It is also in close proximity to the "Mother Ship" - the nickname that my teenage girls and I gave to the Louis Vuitton store on the Champs-Elysees:) Operating the light switches proved a bit challenging but provided several laughs for our family when someone would accidentally hit the master switch and plunge us all into darkness.

Our children are seasoned travelers and unanimously voted Paris as our favorite family vacation thus far. The staff at Hotel Lancaster had a lot to do with orchestrating our amazing trip and we will most definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela M
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Warm regards from sunny Paris.

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in Paris.
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are happy and proud that your stay was enjoyable and that your expectations were
exceeded.

Our main goal is your satisfaction, therefore your feedback is important to us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lancaster during your next visit in Paris.

Your sincerely,
Merry Christmas to all of you.