“Lovely staff, tired rooms”

Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees
Ranked #356 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed at the Lancaster for seven nights and had to change rooms three times due to different problems, which was quite annoying, though the staff was really helpful and also kindly upgraded me. I did, however, sleep wonderfully since all the rooms I slept in faced the quite courtyard. Food was excellent, both in the Michelin-starred hotel and in the hotel restaurant. Great ambience and very friendly staff. My only complaints would be that the fitness room was tiny and not inviting - and the rooms really need a make-over.

Room Tip: Insist on a room facing the courtyard, and make certain it does not have adjoining doors to the next...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank CarolineA660
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We have taken due note of your goods remarks concerning the maintenance. The hotel was recently refurbished and we continually upgrading our accommodations.

I immediately shared your comments and everyone is very proud and pleased to read that you have enjoyed the staff during your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback regarding the service as it encourages to strive for excellence,

We all look forward to the pleasure to welcoming you back to the Lancaster in the near future.

With warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We wish our stay had been longer because for the two nites we were there our every whim was catered to. The staff was knowledgeable, super attentive and extremely accommodating. They had already installed a magnifying mirror on the bathroom wall per my request thru American Express, and when I inquired about a pot of hot water when we arrived, they promptly appeared with an electric kettle which remained in our room for the duration of our stay. Thank you, Hotel Lancaster - we will definitely return. p.s. I agree the light switches are challenging - my husband and I were in stitches trying to get them to go off at nite.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Guests,

Warm regards from Paris.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice comment, I immediately shared your comments and everyone is very proud and pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us..

It is always a pleasure to read positive feedback as it encourages to strive for excellence.

We all look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Lancaster in the near future, in the meantime,

Yours sincerely

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I stayed here as an add on to a business trip in France. I was very pleased with the hotel and the service. I had a single room #408 that was tucked away in a private corner. This is a lovely hotel with welcoming chocolates, luxury amenities, and just the right touches. The light switches are a bit tricky and definitely needed a tutorial to get the hang of the switches. Also the room temperature was great. I am one of those people which is always cold. So to have a warm hotel room to come back was very nice.
I ate the restaurant for breakfast - which was very lovely. I was not quite sure if it was serve yourself or full service. I used my best judgment being 1/2 and 1/2. The drinks are serviced, but the food was serve yourself. I would recommend the breakfast for at least 1 of the days you stay. It is worth the price, for a quality French breakfast. The hot chocolate is to die for!!!!!!!
Staff - very lovely. I require alot of attention as a client and they were there at every call. Very polite, helpful, and spoke good English.
The location was great! I mostly used the metro to get around the city. The hotel was a close was (1 block) to the subway (George V station).
I would recommend this hotel to a couple, business or a solo traveler like me!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank NDIrish_globetrotter
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Dear Sir or Madam,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel during your recent visit to Paris and for posting your positive comment .

Our main goal is your satisfaction, therefore your feedback is important.

Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff.

Again, we thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Lancaster during your next visit to Paris.

Yours sincerely.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Location is great, next to the Champs Elysees, small hotel but realy nice. Breakfast was great, room a nice mixture of classic and modern. We enjoy a lot our stay in Paris, and will try again the Lancaster.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Xavier B
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

Your comments have been shared with our team which will motivate them to
continue their efforts in providing our valuable customers with quality
products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I am not happy to write this, but I feel an obligation to those that write honest reviews that I often rely on. The staff at the Lancaster tries very hard, but they can only apologize a few times before it no longer has meaning. The condition of the physical plant is horrendous. We were in a freezing room and after several attempts to repair the heat, they gave us portable heaters. The towel warmer in the bathroom never worked and could not be fixed. The worst was that the shower valve needed to be replaced, so we had a virtual flood everytime we took a shower in order to get the water from the tub to the shower. The shower made such a loud banging noise that, each time we showered, I was sure to have got the attention of most of the guestsThe drain in the sink and shower were always clogged, so I showered in water above my calf and brushed my teeth in a pond of merky water. The furniture and beds are old and need to be replaced.

This is supposed to be a Leading Hotel of the World, but it surely is not!!!

The staff tried hard and offered to move us to a suite, but the bedroom and the bath were very small with a huge, cold living room. We declined because we did not want to pack and move to an inferior room. We had a Prestige Room which was more expensive than a Standard, Dreamer or Deluxe Room. They should have paid me to stay at this hotel....not me pay them.

I asked for a high floor and early check-in when I booked and paid for the reservation. The room was not ready for 4 hours and it was on the second floor. I should have known then what I had to look forward to.

Sorry, but the truth is sometimes painful.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
11  Thank sparky824
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay at Hotel Lancaster. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At the hotel Lancaster, one of The Leading Hotels of the World, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to fix the technical problems and prevent any future occurrences.

We appreciate the time you took to share your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

An absolute gem. 2 minutes walk from the Champs Elsyee - great prices and the restaurant produces the most amazing dinners. Comfortable beds and great bathrooms with wonderful toiletries. Staff very attentive and extremely helpful. All speak very good English and really eager to please.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking the courtyard - away from the road noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Warm regards from Paris.

I am delighted to learn your positive feedback about your stay. I would like
to sincerely thank you for your very kind words regarding our services.

Your comments have been shared with our team which will motivate them to
continue their efforts in providing our valuable customers with quality
products and services.

We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times since July 2012 and I'm sure that this is the one both for business,pleasure and fine dining.No is not in the vocabulary of the staff or management as any request or suggestion is greeted with a smile and a positive response.( I grew up in France and am still troubled by the negative attitude that can be found in many service businesses.)
Eveyone knows your name as well as your favorite appetizer from last time or other small details such as who are my regular guests..I look forward to my next stay in 2013.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ValentinoPiazzi, Directeur général at Hotel Lancaster Paris Champs-Elysees, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice note and to thank you for supporting the Lancaster.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback as it encourages to strive for excellence.

We all look forward to welcoming you back at the Lancaster in the near future, in the meantime,

Yours sincerely.