WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
Ranked #33 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
New York
“Beauty, Service, and Location, Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

In a city that is already stunningly beautiful, Le Meurice stands out, as does its level of service. With the Metro across the street, the Louvre just a couple of blocks away, and the Tuileries Gardens to stroll through, the location is also ideal. No complaints whatsoever, simply loved everything about it.

Rooms
1 Thank NewYorkSunWorshipper
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear NewYorkSunWorshipper

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving us such a great rating. I am glad that you appreciated our level of service as well as our convenient location.

I hope to welcome you again at Le Meurice very soon for your next trip to Paris.

Franka Holtmann, General Manager, Le Meurice

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Fredericksburg, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

We were strolling down rue de Rivoli and decided to stop in for a drink, though we were not guests of the hotel. Le Bar 228 is a beautiful bar, dark wood with comfortable leather seating. We were entertained by a piano-bass duo while enjoying our drinks and fois gras canapés. The atmosphere in 228 is first class and the servers are very efficient. It was the perfect place to bask in luxury for a while on a hot July evening in Paris. At 96 euros for 3 drinks and fois gras, Le Bar 228 is not for the faint of wallet, but then, we found very little in Paris that is.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear 4gentexn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review on our bar. I am glad that you enjoyed your entire experience at Bar 228 from the drinks, the the music, not forgetting the quality of our service.

We hope to welcome you again very soon in our establishment.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

I need to get one point out of the way. The Le Meurice is a nice hotel. It is withing walking distance to alot of the things one wants to do in Paris. My room was large and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was large and really high end. There was of course a high end price that came with that so the accommodations should be exactly as they were. Here is what should not accompany that high price, Attitude. I do not like to arrive at a hotel and feel as though I am a bother to the staff when checking in. When I checked in at Le Meurice I was met by a gentleman who truly wanted to do anything other than check me in to the hotel. During the process I considered going somewhere else but trudged on. Got to the room and as I said it was good. I went down to the lobby restaurant for a late lunch and it turned out the restaurant staff would rather have done anything other than get me food. I was sitting next to a couple from the States who remarked to me on the attitude of the food service staff and told me I should just get used to it as they had experienced that treatment since their arrival. I rolled on and went through a couple of non eventful days and then I need to use the hotel laundry service. Out in the morning and back in the evening is the rule on laundry. When my laundry did not arrive by 7pm in the evening I called the desk and they said they would locate it and get it to me. The next morning I inquired at the desk about the laundry and got that Le Meurice attitude again. I swear asking for anything at this hotel, including finding my laundry you lost, is a problem. There are plenty of places to stay in Paris. I will find a different one next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank travelingcoroner
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear TravellingCoroner,

I would like the personally thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, it is valuable to us as we aim for perfection.

I am happy that you enjoyed our location, décor and rooms, and I am however sorry that you could found the attitude of our staff sub-par. This is indeed unacceptable and I will make sure to speak to my staff to resolve the problem. Please be assured this is unusual and in no way reflective of our high standards.

I do hope to welcome you again in our establishment,

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014

Le Meurice is a very charming hotel, which immediately made me feel that I could only be in Paris. It is located near the Tuileries Garden, very convenient to metro line 1. It is also walking distance to the Lourve, the Seine, Musee D'Orsay, etc.... The only potential downside of the location was that during the summer, the rides in the Tuileries garden involve a lot of screaming children and could be heard in our room. I thought, however, that this added to the experience and really was not problem since we didn't get to bed until 0100, by which time the rides stopped running.

I loved the hotel decor, especially in the room where breakfast was served. Our hotel room had an excellent viewed of the gardens, but we could also see from the Lourve to the Eiffel tower. The room might be considered small for the price of the hotel stay, but based on the location of the hotel I was not surprised. The bathroom, however, was much larger than expected.

Service was excellent, from housekeeping to the concierge. There was often a wait to speak to the concierge ,but that was in part because they were extremely thorough in answering questions. I greatly appreciated that they had tickets to many of the major museums so that I could buy tickets from them and avoid waiting in line.

Breakfast was very good, in terms of the ambience and service although it felt very formal. The food itself was very good, but heavy on the carbohydrates. I did not use the hotel spa but did use the fitness center. Many European hotels do not seem to have large fitness centers so I was grateful to have this but it was very basic (four machines for cardio, free weights and three weight machines).

The only negative I associate with this hotel is that while the room rates are high they do not include breakfast (about 50 euros) and wifi (about 24 euros per device for 24 hours). I was disappointed that complementary wifi was not available in the public areas or in a business center. There are other fine hotels in Paris, such as the Shangri-la, which do offer free guest wifi.

Overall, this was a pleasant experience and great for a holiday. I would think twice about staying here on a business trip due to the internet issues.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Kat0425,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on Trip Advisor. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that you liked our timeless decor and found our quality of service excellent.

I am sorry that you did not find our wifi service on par with other properties and this is something I will discuss with our team.

We do hope to welcome you again soon,

La Romana, Dominican Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

It is hard to explain. It is a simply perfect hotel.

The price is very high, but completely worth it.

I was there during a transit taxi strike, and they repaired my wheelchair.

If there is a heaven on earth, it is there.

The only negative thing I can say is their loaner wheelchair is from WW2, has a wobbly right front tire, like a shopping cart, and the rear wheels squeak.

Other than that, if you want to have a honeymoon in The City Of Lights, and can afford it, Le Meurice is the only place on earth to so.

Six stars.

Stayed June 2014
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear HRquadracci,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a positive comment on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read about your positive experience with us! Thank you for praising the quality of our hotel. I have duly noted your comment about our wheelchair and we will make sure to have it replaced.

We would be happy to welcome you again soon,

Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

My wife and I have had afternoon tea in eight different hotels including the Ritz in London but Le Meurice is the best so far. The staff were welcoming and very friendly. At no point did we feel rushed or under pressure other than to enjoy ourselves. The room in which we had the tea was beautiful and very grand, light and airy and the furniture was gorgeous.

The tea itself was served in lovely teapots and crockery. The sandwiches including smoked salmon with herring eggs and beef gravlax and were a step up from the usual formula elsewhere. The scones came with cream, jam and marmalade.

The cakes included a lemon meringue tart and a cherry tart complete with chocolate stem.

A perfect afternoon tea!

Location
1 Thank BrennanHertfordshire
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear BrennanHertfordshire,

I sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your experience about our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am delighted that you loved our afternoon tea so much that you called in "The best so far!" I shall pass your kind comments along to our chef and our staff.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife again in the future,

Texarkana, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

This was our third stay with Le Meurice, but this time with our kids. We were reminded at every turn why this is our favorite hotel. The staff was there for our every need and especially welcoming to the children. We had connecting rooms that were perfect for our family of four. The rooms and bathrooms were more than large enough to give all of us the space and comfort we needed. As I've said before the location is outstanding, and was perfect for our view of the fireworks on Bastille Day. What a great trip for all of us! Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear wll70,

I thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and leaving such a positive review. I am glad to know that you and your family enjoyed your stay, felt welcomed and that you had the perfect view to enjoy the Bastille Day fireworks.

We hope to welcome you again for your next stay in Paris.