“Unless you are Jay Z & Beyonce....don't stay here!”
Review of Le Meurice

Le Meurice
Ranked #37 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have to say aside from hotel de Paris in Monaco. This hotel is gorgeous as you walkin. We had a reservation in a classic room for 600 E a night. Theist uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in, room was tiny, although furnished well. But, you could not move!
I went to the bar to meet my husband and was accosted by a "server" who said Madame you cannot sit there, can we help you??" As if I was some homeless person the street. A beautiful beyond words hotel that misses the mark, toiletries in bathroom are subpar, cost of room is a joke for a tiny double bed, you can barely move in the room. I feel unless I was wearing a burka, I had a Hermes Birkin...nobody would give me the time of day! Beautiful hotel, but very pretentious! Not my cup of tea!

• Stayed: June 2013
15  Thank Kelly T
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Kelly T,

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay at Le Meurice.

I am sorry to learn that you found you classic room too small, curiously enough the comment we hear frequently is that our classic rooms have a very good size compared to the competition.

I would like to reassure you on the fact that our mission is to treat all our guests the same way and that we do not make any difference between the celebrities and our other guests. I am therefore very concerned about the description you have made of the welcome you received at our Bar. Please be assured that I will try to get to the root of your comment.

I was pleased to see that you find the hotel gorgeous and I hope that on a future trip to Paris, we would be able to show you the personalized attention one expects in today’s world of luxury hotels.

In any case, do not hesitate to let me know should you chose to plan a future visit, and I will do my utmost to reverse the impressions you had during your recent visit.

Yours sincerely,

There are newer reviews for Le Meurice

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Le Meurice has always been rated as an outstanding hotel and seservedly so with its beautiful location across from the Tuileries gardens and the Louvre. Its rooms, service, spa, and restaurant are first class. Staff and security are extremely professional. Every evening the hotel in its bar premises provides first rate live music. The concierge desk could use some strengthening.

Room Tip: For a quiet night's sleep book a courtyard room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Cosmo144,

I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience at Le Meurice.

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I shall pass them onto the team, who always welcome such kind feedback.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meurice in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Le Meurice is the perfect spot to stay when visiting Paris.

I've been in several of the rooms and I highly recommend getting a room with a view over the gardens. You can see all of Paris from these rooms, the Effiel Tower, the Louvre etc.

Services in the hotel are very good. They are happy to help with reservations.

The bar at the hotel is excellent. They make wonderful (very expensive) cocktails and have live music nightly. We also ate at the casual restaurant in the lobby a couple of times and were pleased.

The location could not be more ideal. You are steps away from the best shopping street in Paris, Rue St. Honore. You are a few blocks from the Louvre and directly across from the famous Tuilleries gardens.

I will say the base rooms with no view are not my favorite. However the suites and rooms with views are worth the splurge.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SkinnyCritic
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Dear SkinnyCritic,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am truly thrilled to read how much you appreciate the location of the hotel, our rooms overlooking the Tuileries Garden, our Bar 228 and our Restaurant Le Dali.

I will be most pleased to share your rewarding comments with my teams.

We are looking very much forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was a nice hotel to stay in though it was reflected in the price! The rooms were spacious by Paris standards and the hotel itself was picturesque in side.

When I stayed the gym was being renovated and in a temporary location so was below the standard you would expect for this quality of hotel at that point on.

The breakfast was also vastly overpriced for what you could get as was the bar!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Jonnyboy1973,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of last September 2012 on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to see hear that you found our rooms spacious and that you liked our property.

I have well noted your comments regarding our prices which are very important and constructive. Please be sure that we will take them into account.

Please kindly know that our Spa and gym have now been completely revamped.

I hope that you will come back and will be able to enjoy the intimate atmosphere and the very relaxing decor of our new Spa.

Thanking you again for your comments, I wish to be able to be of your service again in the future

Best regards,

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Le Meridien has always been rated as an outstanding hotel and deservedly so with its beautiful location across from the Tuilleries and the Louvre. Its rooms, service, spa, and restaurant are first class. Staff and security are extremely professional. Every evening the hotel in its bar provides first rate live music. The concierge desk could use some strengthening.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Last year at this time, we visited Paris and stayed in the Crillon. Well, both the Crillon and the Ritz are closed for renovations, so we chose to stay in the Meurice again. What a wonderful stay and amazing service.

Upon check in, we were upgraded to a beautiful room overlooking the Tuilleries. From our room, we had a perfect view of the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, and the gardens. It was a perfect Paris view.

The room was beautiful, too. Everything about it was perfect, with beautiful closets and a spacious and perfectly up to date bathroom. Everyday, they freshened up the three rose flower arrangements, they delivered macarons and fruit.

The prices of Paris hotels has become almost too high to bear. But no one does it better than these beautiful old palace hotels like Le Meurice. I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear NYBizTraveler11612 ,

Thank you so very much for posting such a rewarding review following to your recent stay at Le Meurice.

I am truly thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you again for your kind words towards the hotel.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again!

Warm regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We visited Le Meurice for 3 nights in May to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary and my wifes 40th Birthday. Due to the importance of the occasion I had specifically requested a view of the Tuilleries gardens. We arrived early morning around 10am and the room wasn't quite ready but we were offered tea and breakfast whilst we waited the approximately 30 minutes for the room to be prepared.
Unfortunately on being shown to the room I was disappointed to find that I had not received the garden view room as requested. Normally this would not have been a major issue, however because it was our first visit to Paris we wanted to feel connected to the city and so I asked the person who showed us to our room if we could change but he said no rooms were available with the garden view. To their credit however, after making a call to someone more senior I managed to persuade them to give us a garden view room after all which made all the difference to our stay with a wonderful view over Paris, although to be fair the first room was probably better and had been refurbished recently but both were nice.

Breakfast was of an excellent standard and had lots of fresh fruit and juices, pastries etc and a full a la carte menu if you wished with a full English breakfast, crepes, waffles etc.

Although we had neither lunch nor dinner in the hotel, (we ate at Le Cinq at the Four Seasons and the Jules Verne at the Eiffel tower instead), we did eat in the bar one evening and spent an evening trying the wonderful (if expensive) cocktails. The bar was busy as was the Dali restaurant outside which made for a good atmosphere and the food was very good.

Its the location of Le Meurice which really impresses however. You are in close proximity to everything without having to walk to far. You have the Louvre next door in one direction and the Champs Elysees in the other, and if you are lucky enough to get a view over the Tuilleries then you will have a full view of the city from your room.

Would I return, yes definitely but its not cheap so its more of an occasion hotel than a regular place to stay I think but certainly worth it for a special or romantic time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FUMAN
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Dear Fuman,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Le Meurice on your recent visit to Paris. I am pleased to read we managed to propose you a room to your linking and to find that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
We all hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon.
Sincerely yours.