“Excellency at a price”

Ranked #39 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
milan, italy
“Excellency at a price”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Best location in Paris for a landmark of french hotellerie, across from the Tuileries and a block away from the Louvre. Still has its charme, especially in the service, which is top-notch. Standard room not very spacious; bathroom (in marble) proportionally much larger. I did experience, like other guests, the uncomfortable experience of the water temperature fluctuating from hot to cool. Excellent restaurant, but very expensive (and so is the bar: 7 euros for a Coke). Congierce and house keeping very good. Overall a place to go, if you can afford it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Lucaerrante,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor this nice feedback about your recent stay at Le Meurice.

We were truly delighted to read how much you enjoyed the services of our staff, our cuisine as well as the location of the hotel.

We sincerely regret the issue you encountered with the water temperature in your shower. Please be assured that I asked our head engineer to look at this matter into detail.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Meurice and please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you wish to come back to our property.

With my best regards,

Franka Holtmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Banstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We had a fantastic stay at Le Meurice. From the moment we arrived we felt well looked after. The taxi door was opened for me, our bags whisked away then we were checked in within moments and escorted to the bar for a glass of champers! All lovely. And after an extremely expensive glass of champagne we went up to our room. This was lovely but very small. We had no view and the room felt cluttered with furniture because it was so small. Anyway, we did opt for the cheapest room, so what should we expect?! Perhaps a bit more from a 5 star hotel I think but hey ho. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom perfect (they could invest in better quality loo roll here!!!). Internet connectivity is also ridiculously expensive, especially after staying at similar hotels where this is offered free of charge.

We were staying at the end of fashion week, so understandably the hotel was busy and to my husbands delight full of very tall attractive models! It is a bit disconcerting having to walk through the busy restaurant/bar area to get to the lifts especially when it's very busy.

Julie on reception was amazing and spent one morning trying to get us into a lovely restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. As it was fashion week this was nearly impossible but she managed it and remembered us the following day and asked us how the evening had been, so we felt well looked after.

One tip - if breakfast is a little expensive head down the road to Cafe Angelina for breakfast instead, it's lovely (if a bit chaotic!!).

Anyway - the best thing about this hotel is the location. You are central and it's walking distance to the Louvre. Opposite the hotel is the beautiful Tuileries garden - amazing to be able to walk out of the hotel, accross the road and into the gardens.

2 Thank JCC-H
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear JCC-H,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing Le Meurice for your recent visit in Paris and for taking the time to give us your impressions.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay among us. Please be assured that we also took into consideration your comments regarding the fact you were inconvenienced by our pricing and your observations on the different aspects of the Hotel.

Kindly know that the “Promenade” area located just next to our more classic Bar the 228, where you had to walk through, was an audacious idea of the designer Philippe Starck who redesign our lobby area 5 years ago.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Le Meurice.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your next visit to Paris. I assure you in advance of my best care and attention.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

To be short:
- SERVICE was stellar at the reception and with room service. The staff was extra-obliging, addressed me by name by the end of my 3 day stay. managed to get me a last minute reservation for 6 at a very good restaurant on a Saturday night. The recommendation for lunch was also incredible and just what I wanted.
- PRICE for 1300 euros per night I got an average size room with a nice bathroom, rather surprising three small terraces with incredible views over the whole of Paris AND an unpleasant smell, that can hardly be masked by the all the room perfumes that the hotel uses. The smell just just not be there (I do not think I would come back to this hotel just because of this) - not for 1300 euros per night. Last year, for 2000 euros a night I got a suite at Georges V that was 2.5 times the size. Then again, it was not fashion week, and the location of Geores V sucks. In short - questionable value for money, bad smell, but very romantic view.
- DINING people at the restaurant should learn the word "hospitality" and realize they work in the hospitality industry. They seem to propose you the worst possible table and then you press your way up to a better one asking whether it is possible to seat at a better table, at which point they oblige. That leaves one with a bad taste in the mouth.
SUMMARY: location can't be beat, value average, concierge stellar, romantic terraces. Your choice, might go to Crillon next time.

Room Tip: 605 where I stayed had three mini-terraces with awesome views.
1 Thank Georgy D
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Georgy D,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I value and appreciate your feedback and I was most concerned to read about you mixed feelings regarding this less than satisfactory first stay at Le Meurice.

I have been particularly sorry to learn that you were disappointed with an unpleasant smell in your room and that the welcome you received at our restaurant was not the appropriate. I want to express my sincerest apologies to you for any discomfort caused as this certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves on here at Le Meurice.

Please be aware that I have discussed your comments with the our heads of department to avoid situations such as these from arising in the future.

I am most anxious to restore your faith in our hotel and I invite to contact me directly for a next stay with us.

Port Appin, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2012

An amazing experience. Just the way you'd expect one of the best hotels in Paris to be - classically elegant with fantastic service and an A-list film star among the guests! Just glad I wasn't paying as the prices are astronomical.......

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank devonhall
LeMeuriceParis, General Manager at Le Meurice, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Devonhall,

Thank you very much for your very kind comment. It is such a nice reward. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcoming you back soon again at Le Meurice!

Vancouver Island
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I travelled to Paris from Victoria, B.C., Canada for two weeks with two girlfriends. We were staying in Le Marais area and booked our dinner reservation at Restaurant Le Maurice towards the end of our stay, September 19th to be exact. We booked the reservation from Canada at least a couple of weeks in advance.
Everything went like clockwork from the minute we entered the hotel. The staff knew exactly who we were. After having a look around the Lobby for a few minutes the Hostess found us and brought us to our table. From that second on everything went like clockwork. We chose the Degustation Menu, with wine pairings. I think there were 12 or 13 courses in all, and it was all simply perfect. It lasted from 7:30-11:30 p.m. and we enjoyed everything single minute. The staff were simply amazing. The cost was pretty amazing too, but worth every single penny.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank VancouverIslandAnne
LeMeuriceParis, General Manager at Le Meurice, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear VancouverIslandAnne,

Thank you for sharing your review of your dinner at restaurant le Meurice. I am delighted to hear that the experience lived up to your expectations. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team who will be very happy to read your kind comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to le Meurice on your next visit to Paris.

Kind regards,

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Although this hotel is very pricey (680.00 euros/night for basic room), it was absolutely incredible and worth it. It's located down the street from Louvre Museum. I stayed there from Sept. 7 - 15, 2012. It's very central to shopping, dining, walking in the park and simply enjoying Paris. The hotel staff was very helpful and the concierge went out of their way to contact Air France to locate lost luggage and followed up until it was located and returned to us. It was definately a splurge but so worth it. The marble bathroom with a deep soaking tub was the best way to end a long day. The bed was a dream and I slept like a baby.

1 Thank TravelingInMyBlood
Dear Guest,

We were very touched by your kind comments on Trip Advisor. We very much thank you for taking time to share your experiences at our Hotel, Le Meurice.

It was a pleasure to read your impressions regarding our property. Your satisfaction regarding the staffs’ service’s affability is most important for us, and we will be happy to share your comments to the concierge team.

Franka Holtmann

We have well noted your comment regarding our air conditionning system. Please kindly know that a brand new thermostat is under study at the present moment.

Thank you again for taking the time to share with us your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of your return visit soon.

outside nyc
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

Spent several nights recently based on a friend's recommendation.
I was expecting excellence and was not disappointed.
However, the hotel has small drawbacks.
To get to one's room, you must walk through a lobby bar. In the evening, it makes an unusual path through the clientele.
The food and beverage prices are outrageous and the personel in these areas are pompous.
Internet costs 24 euro per day.....ridiculous at the prices we paid for the room.
On the plus side, the concierge was outstanding. The room and bathroom spectacular.
Location is great for the d'Orsay and shopping.
Food choices around the hotel are limited and expensive, as expected.
When we return to Paris next time, we will try another five star option.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
LeMeuriceParis, Directeur général at Le Meurice, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Dear Stevie,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your impressions following to your recent stay at Le Meurice.

It is a real pleasure for me to learn that you appreciated our concierge staff efficiency as well as your accommodation.

Please be assured that I took all your observations into great consideration.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to Le Meurice.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personnally for your next visit to Paris. I assure you in advance of my best care and attention.

Best regards,