“Perfect from the moment we arrived”
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #4 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 30, 2010

My sig other had business in Paris and we were thrilled to find The Bristol in his list of preferred hotels. Upon arrival we were told that we had been upgraded to a junior suite. Aside from it being a very spacious room, it was at the end of a long hallway and very quiet; just what we like! Huge marble bathroom with double sink, tub and separate shower stall. Bath products are from Hermes and the in-house spa and were very nice.

The lobby is just what you would expect of a grand five-star Paris hotel. Beautiful gleaming floors, (of course a lot of staff at the door to help you into our out of your car) with several graciously appointed public salons. The concierge took care of our reservations including dinner in the hotel dining room which has three Michelin stars! The room feels like a dining room in Versailles and the prices are stratospheric, but we both agreed that it was one of the best meals we had ever had.

Staff are constantly cleaning everywhere so I would challenge anyone to find so much as a speck of dust. We were always greeted with a smile and kind word when entering or exiting and loved the old-fashioned practice of leaving your key at the front when not in the room.

There's a great (but small) gym and pool on the 6th floor which does the trick, though it's too bad that they can't devote more space to fitness like so many other hotels have.

We're here on a corporate rate but if a good internet rate could be found I would highly recommend The Bristol.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank jimmysi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,726)

Reviewed December 19, 2009

This is a great hotel. Location ,service, cleanliness and over-all look.

The new restaurant is great!

Makes Paris more magical!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Gary2007
Reviewed November 26, 2009

I stayed several time at Bristol during business trips in Paris.

The rooms are spacious and well equipped but the decoration is blend.
The beds are very comfortable and the room is quiet so I slept quite well.

The service is impeccable and the food is excellent.

Try the breakfast in the summer restaurant; it’s a very pleasant moment when the weather is good.

The hotel offered a small but very nice swimming pool with a nice view on Paris.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank geslin h
Reviewed November 19, 2009

We were in Paris for our 20th anniversary. Le Doyen were closed for the weekend but the chap on the phone recommended the Bristol. We can honestly say that this was the best lunch we have ever had. We chose the 85 euro set menu. Although the set menu choices were small, there were so many mini course, canapes, sweets etc that this was not important. The dining room is huge allowing absolute privacy. The service was impeccable almost like us feeling King and Queen for a day. Every single treat and dish exuded fresh flavour and was unique. The bread was an outstanding beginning. We both had pigeon as a main course, as the the alternative was sea bass which we had the previous evening at Le Chiberta (see my review). The portions were good size. The service including our personal waiter accompanying us to get our coats was itself memorable. One word of warning though is that once seated the champagne trolley comes round (before you see the wine menu) and we impulsively accepted 2 glasses of rose champagne which cost 28 euros each glass - a bit steep as the cost the Moet and Chandon is only 42 euro a bottle. The wine we chose was only 50 euro a bottle Bourgogne 2003 Henri Darnat which seemed reasonable in comparison and tasted nice. There were lovely finishing touches like the wine waitress sampling the bottles herself before pouring! We did not have cheese on our set menu but we could see a specialist cheese waitress enthusiastically describing each one in detail on a nearby table. We stayed four hours for our Sunday lunch and enjoyed every minute. These people are true professionals where teamwork was evident. The final bill came to 292 euros but we felt it well worth it. A truly memorable experience. We are definitely returning for our 25th anniversary. We booked two days before from London and there were plenty of tables but I suspect that evening would be a lot more difficult (and expensive!).

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LondonPoddy
Reviewed October 9, 2009

Beautiful place. A feast for all senses make sure you bring your swimsuit the pool is incredible. Service impeccable.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank pretzel124
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I booked this hotel based on being the 'best of the best', according to the reviews I had read.

This was for a surprise romantic Valentine weekend stay treat for my wife. I clearly told them at booking prior to the trip, that this was the occassion. I fully expected them to be cool on reception, and to totally overlook the reason for the visit. The kind of treatment the some Tripadvisor reviews tell you you'd experience at the other top hotels in Paris.

It's 'the some' that I often double check to get a more realistic view. Also; I am not shy about critisizing bad service myself..

The trip was going to set me back a pretty packet too.

How very wrong I was about my fears.

From the moment we arrived, we were treated as if we really mattered to them. I am sure we were given an upgrade and every single member of staff we encountered, was truly polite helpful and cheerful. The door staff welcome you and the reception greet you with a smile and don't answer the phone during the conversation with you. You are then taken to your room by another member of the their staff and shown how everything works.

My wife was spoilt with many Boucheron perfume extras in the room and the view and decor were delightful. The bed was sprinkled with yellow rose petals in a heart shape over the bed and other fresh flowers were in the room too.

In the first evening, we had a surprise visit from room service. Complements of the hotel, an amazing multi layered cream and strawberry biscuited style cacke with a fruit sauce and heart shaped chocolates around it. Also, a bottle of their finer champagne. All this on a silver service.

And there had been I, hoping to see, and more then delighted with, a wee card and maybe a low end bottle of Champs in the room on arrival.

Breakfast at the hotel has to be the most sumptuous I've ever known. We were treated with the same dignity and service that the others (dripping with gold) were.

On checking out, I paid a bill that left me thinking that it had been well worth the expense. I particularly asked to see the manager to thank them all for giving us such a fabulous time.

Trouble is; now that we've been there, no other Paris hotel will do. So future trips will simply have to be saved up for. Without all the razamataz next time; this hotel will surpass all our hopes just as it is.

Now if you think this revue is too good to be true; read some of my others. I am struggling to balance my comments with a criticism of the 'Le Bristol' experience, but I can't think of a one.

Enjoy it if you get the chance !

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
9  Thank Hamefarin
Reviewed July 8, 2009

excellent service and room all and more than you expect at a four star hotel can't wait to go back betty

• Stayed: June 2009