“Stunning- but not quite perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #6 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
Purley, United Kingdom
“Stunning- but not quite perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Over the years, I have stayed at many grand hotels and the Crillon is my preferred destination in Paris. Sadly, that particular grande dame is currently closed for renovation, so I decided to try Le Bristol on my most recent trip to the City of Light.

Our welcome was warm and friendly; check-in was quick. We received an upgrade to a junior suite and the room was immaculate, with a huge bathroom (with separate shower, of course) and comfortable seating area. There were free fruit and water awaiting us in our suite, and two complimentary bottles of Evian were placed on our bedside tables each evening as part of the turn-down service.

All of the facilities we tried in the hotel were top notch: our American breakfast, delivered to our room at precisely the specified time each morning; the gorgeous spa and luxurious bar (see separate reviews); dry cleaning service; room service for dinner. The concierge desk was fantastic: my partner asked for an adapter for her hair straighteners as we were leaving the hotel to go sightseeing and it was in our room upon our return a few hours later. Similarly, my girlfriend asked if we could purchase a couple of jars of the hotel's rather wonderful jam as I was checking out and she was presented with a whole bag full of the tiny jars!

What really elevates the Bristol above the other luxury properties in which I've stayed is the staff. Everyone, from Irina at reception all the way through to Waleed at check-out, seemed genuinely happy to be there. Walking around the hotel, every single employee greeted us with a cheery "bonjour"; there was nothing forced or contrived at all. The porter who brought up our luggage and the room service waiters were all friendly and willing to chat- there was none of the surliness which often mars visits to this kind of establishment.

Sadly, there were a couple of negatives. Soundproofing was generally good but, even so, the sound of doors being slammed shut in adjacent suites reverberated around our room. I can't believe that the hotel trains its staff to slam doors shut- perhaps more civilised guests could be sought?

Finally, my personal pet hate: corporate avarice. When guests are paying a minimum of €700 per night for accommodation (and often much, much, more), what possible justification can there be for charging €12 for a 40g box of Pringles or €24 for 24 hours' worth of wifi access? To be fair, Irina was most apologetic when explaining how to access the wifi and said that the hotel was working on offering it for free.

I know that all the leading hotels charge for minibar products and wifi access. And, obviously, nobody is forcing guests to use these services. Still, it would be nice if the Oetker Collection could break the mould and offer free minibar privileges (perhaps with the exception of alcoholic beverages?) and complimentary wifi to guests? These small changes would turn a wonderful hotel into the perfect one.

• Stayed November 2013
6 Thank SprinterSacre
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you warmly for writing such a positive review further to your stay amongst us last November.

We truly appreciated to read that we fulfilled your expectations as a loyal guest of our neighbor Hotel de Crillon.

We really thank you for taking the time to underline your guest experience with the warm, friendly, and efficient arrival, and your appreciation of the junior suite accommodation and its amenities.

Your praise about all the facilities you experienced is a great reward for us. Rest assured that we will share it with the entire Hotel’s staff that contributed in making your stay a seamless one.

Your relevant remarks regarding the wifi charge and mini-bar prices have been duly noted. We would love to break the mould as you have suggested. Time will tell.

We also had to remind all staff who work on the guest floors to always be mindful of any noise, be it generated by other guests or colleagues.

Hopefully we will have the occasion to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I WANT to write a really bad review, so people will stay away and make the hotel easier to get a reservation for in the future. However, I cannot in good conscious do so. This is one of the finest hotels I have ever been to. Absolutely 5 star in every way. Yes, it is expensive...but in this case you get what you pay for.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Clannum
Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review after reflection!

It goes without saying that what you experienced is what we would hope all our guests experience.

We are thrilled that you regard Le Bristol as amongst the finest hotels you have ever frequented.

Do come back soon.

Thruxton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Le Bristol has an enviable reputation and from our recent experience that is well deserved. it is eye wateringly expensive in some ways but the service is as good as we have ever experienced. If i have any quibbles they are relatively unimportant; for example breakfast is taken in the bar area and the tables are perfect of afternoon tea but not comfortable if one is trying to eat breakfast. i have a preference for a buffet breakfast but that is a personal matter. My wife tells me that the spa was one of the very best she had experienced. if i was seriously rich i think that i could live there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris R.,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in November.

We were thrilled that your wife loved our Spa. We noted your comments regarding our breakfast offering, and delighted that you found the service overall as good as you have ever experienced.

It will always be a pleasure to have you as resident when in Paris even if you cannot move-in full-time!

Once again, thank you so much for your generous comments, and we look forward to a return visit soon.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

I stay in many palaces and 4 or 5 star hotel in the world, 2/3rd of my nights in almost all continents, and every single time I stay there, I feel this is far the best palace in the world, thanks to the staff across the services that is the most efficient and friendly without being intrusive.. I am tired of groom and staff asking me where I come from and what I am doing here, this is not friendly this is boring over and over,,, at Le Bristol, all employees are so friendly, seems so guppy to work there, from the bar to the restaurant, from the front dest to the room service! Thank you all for having make again my stay a wonderful experience!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Philippe R
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Philippe,

Thank you so kindly for the most generous posting on TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay with us. Coming from someone such as yourself who spends more nights in hotels than at home certainly means a lot! What you said about the team is of most importance to us, particularly as you mentioned across the board. We have passed on your comments to the Food and Beverage teams in the bar, restaurant, and room service, and to the Front Desk team that you kindly mentioned!

We look forward to having you with us again soon, and happy holidays from us all.

Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've choosed this hotel based on reviews and I am sure it was a perfect choice. First of all the location was perfect. When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff and during our check in we were very well informed about where should we go to visit and eat. The rooms was fairly large and very clean. The price when compared to Paris hotels I can say was avarage not that expensive. Of I come back this amazing city again I Will definetly stay at this beautiful hotel

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Paul C
Dear Paul C.,

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We were truly happy to learn that your experience matched your expectations based on the TripAdvisor reviews regarding your last stay in September.

Your praise of the staff and service upon arrival is certainly the nicest compliment we could expect. Glad to learn that we anticipated what you may be interested in from the onset of your arrival.

Once again, thank you for sharing and look forward to welcoming you again on a return trip with the family.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have eaten at this hotel for over a decade, but never stayed here. It is the best hotel I've ever stayed at in Paris. Everything is amazing, but in a comfortable way. The three star Epicure is one of my favorite restaurants in the world: amazing food without gimmicks in a beautiful setting with flawless service—and amazingly good value. The rooms are very large and charming. On my visit, I was struck by the range of people who were enjoying the hotel. At other hotels, I often get a sense of a certain type that stays there, but the Bristol seems able to take care of all the various people who come to Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Gandaratravels
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding posting on TripAdvisor regarding your first stay as a resident in November.

We are genuinely touched that after a decade visiting our restaurant, you finally stayed amongst us and loved it!

We couldn’t be more pleased to learn that our gastronomic restaurant Epicure is you favorite restaurant in the world, and we do hope that our rooms will become your Parisian home away from home.

As Le Bristol is the only palace in Paris that is still owned by a European family, we are delighted that you enjoyed the mix of clientele, the ambiance in addition to a loyal Parisian following, and our very international well-heeled travelers.

Thank you for sharing, and look forward to seeing you in the not too distant future.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was for the first time in Paris last month and my company sent me to this hotel. I have to say that the hotel was perfect! It's placed in a great location, close to the metro station. The staff is amazing, the rooms are perfect, nicely decorated and big. The rooftop pool is also amazing!
Hope to come back next month and stay here again. Loved it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Steven G
Dear Steven G.,

Glad your company wanted you to stay with us! And thank you for your great review on TripAdvisor regarding your first stay in Paris last October.

We hope to have the opportunity to have you with us on all your future trips.

Yours sincerely,