“The Most Amazing Hotel Experience Ever”
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #4 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Zurich
“The Most Amazing Hotel Experience Ever”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have been travelling for over 30 years months after months. I have stayed in many beautiful 5 stars or luxury resorts over these years, but NEVER have I experienced such genuine friendliness, helpfullness and amazing care of the staff at the Bristol in Paris.
Of course our Suite was very very beautiful with a view on the inner park but the huge difference is the defiinitively the Staff. Every single day you can see the Management walking around and talking to guests. The employees rememberiing your name and your preferences and trying to make your stay even more enjoyable. Nothing is too much asked when you need a special service, a reservation, a cab or a recommandation. This Establishment has kept what is a real sense of hospitality and I wish many more hotels would have the chance to experience a couple of days at Le Bristol. The little book about the hotel's history says it all : Details create Perfection and Perfection is not a Detail. - Léonard de Vinci - Thank you to all the wonderful employees for this wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Luxury Suite with a view to the inner garden
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank swissmiracles
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for your most generous comments posted on TripAdvisor regarding your visit earlier this month.

We are genuinely touched that you found the staff to be thoughtful and showing a real sense of hospitality. That is the biggest compliment anyone could ever pay us.

Everyone at Le Bristol is honored that you would take the time to share your thoughts, and we look forward to a return visit soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We recently spent several days at Le Bristol with our adult children and two grandchildren. It was beautiful, pristine in condition and the service was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The kids loved the lobby cat and the fabulous enclosed pool. The staff made all of us feel welcome and comfortable.

2 Thank Judith S
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice de l'Hôtel at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Judith,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us earlier in the month. When three generations are pleased, feeling welcomed and comfortable, then so are we! Fa-Raon is generally appreciated by all, as is our roof-top pool!

Glad you found the service particularly friendly and helpful!

Look forward to having the pleasure of a return visit by you all!

Yours sincerely,

Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This June I was in Paris and a good friend of mine suggested we go to Le Bristol for lunch.
It was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had. We dined at Epicure, a wonderful room just off the Garden. Large and bright and open to the garden. The food was delightful.
The service was perfect. Very attentive but never intrusive. My friend and I had a delightful experience. After, we walked down Rue St. Honore towards Place Vendome. Did some shopping and continued on toward the Marais and to our hotel. A wonderful afternoon in a wonderful city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank WaltersLV
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur de la restauration at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
First of all, let me thank you for your recent comments about our Epicure Restaurant.
We are delighted to read that you had “one the best dining experience” in your life as we are sincerely attached, day after day, to offer the best of service and food to our guests.
We hope that we could thrill you once again during a future visit in Paris.
Best regards.
Kevin Chambenoit.
Food and Beverage Director
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hotel Le Bristol is a remarkable property. In Paris, I have stayed at the Crillon (not my favorite) and the Ritz (loved). The Ritz is closed for renovations so I came to trip advisor to look for a nice place to stay for a mother - daughter luxe long weekend. I read the reviews on Le Bristol and I was impressed with Leah Marshall's diligent responses to each post. I was also quite enchanted with the pictures of Fa-raon. I booked our room.
We arrived and the hotel was full because it was fashion week. It never seemed crowded but the staff did look busy. They remained friendly and calm and everything was very smooth.
The Brasserie restaurant was fantastic. Delicious food. The breakfast is fabulous and the room overlooking the garden is enchanting. The breakfast service was outstanding and the timing was perfect. They seemed to always be there to refill water and coffee.
I tried the Venik treatment at the spa - it is a combo steam, scrub, treatment with branches and then massage. It was quite unusual and very relaxing. I highly recommend for spa experts!
I had my hair done at the salon - fabulous!
We swam in the pool and sat on the terrace - special!
The concierge staff is excellent and informs and tries to fulfill your every wish. We obtained tickets to a sold out ballet - thank you!
We enjoyed the Garden restaurant outdoors and indoors with lovely piano. My serving of smoked salmon was superb.
Our room was lovely and felt very French. The bathroom - large and well appointed.
On our last night, my daughter hit her head in the bathroom shower and there was quite a lot of blood. I called down to see if there was a doctor on call. Jasmine Schoulz (Assistant Manager) and the head of Security came swiftly to our room. Although everything seemed ok, they called for the fire department to come look and we did end up going to the hospital. When we returned they came running out to make sure my daughter was okay. I was really impressed with Jasmine and the man from Security. They were professional and also warm and calming. We felt very cared for! Many thanks again!!!
After our last breakfast, I looked in the corner and there was Fa-raon! I had been searching for him and had almost given up. He is so beautiful and lovely!
I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a truly special experience. Oh yes...We did see a few celebrities (I will remain discreet).
We can't wait to come back!

4 Thank Cosima21
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your very positive comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with your daughter earlier this month at Le Bristol. Needless to say I was pleased that you appreciated my responses to each TripAdvisor posting, and that they helped trigger your choice of hotel. We certainly know that there are many choices in Paris, so we are just so glad that you both were so pleased with your overall experience. We were pleased to note that you felt your accommodation very French and well appointed. It is always fun to wake up and know immediately where you are!

Jasmine had alerted us immediately when your daughter had injured her head, and we were all relieved that all the necessary precautions were taken, and that all turned out fine. I was also pleased that you got a chance to visit with Fa-Raon. This is the real star of our Hotel, and not only for our young guests, but all residents of the Hotel and local visitors! And by the way Fa-Raon is particularly enchanted with more lawn in our garden.

We were delighted that you enjoyed our different food and beverage experiences at our brasserie 114 Faubourg, breakfast at Epicure overlooking the garden, and then the Jardin Français both outside and indoors while enjoying the piano! Next visit we hope you get a chance to check out our new evening Bar with a DJ three evenings a week!

Thrilled that the Concierge came through on a sold out ballet! It was also nice that you had an opportunity to try out a special treatment at our new Spa, have a swim in our roof-top pool, and have your hair done at our new Beauty Salon! You packed in a lot during your long weekend which pleases us immensely.

Thank you for recommending Le Bristol! We appreciate it very much!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The rooms and suites are exquisite and the hotel’s public areas are beautifully appointed, with the understated elegance which so few Parisian premium hotels successfully achieve. All staff including Fa-raon (the resident pedigree Birman cat) have genuine warmth – with several taking the time to remember your name, Fa-raon excluded. The new addition of Le Bar du Bristol is a credit to the hotel, with excellent cocktails, superb staff, and beautiful classic yet modern surroundings. Breakfast at Epicure is without compare. Lunch at Le Jardin Français in the Garden is the perfect setting. Le Prairie Spa and its treatments are World class – the Signature 2-therapist massage highly recommended.

Having stayed at Hotel Le Bristol last year and found it to be exceptional, I chose it for the location this year to celebrate a significant milestone wedding anniversary of my parents. The hotel was particularly kind to upgrade them from the Prestige Room to a Junior Suite, place a bottle of champagne in the Suite on arrival, and have a particularly personal touch to the turn-down service. All very much appreciated.

Whilst Hotel Le Bristol sets exceptionally high standards, I appreciate sometimes that things do not always go to plan. For the purposes of a balanced review, we had a few minor issues during our stay, however Mrs Florence Bezault showed exceptional ability in managing these and taking corrective action to ensure there would not be future occurrences.

The hotel as a whole, and particularly the staff, are what sets Hotel Le Bristol apart. I wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else in Paris, and aim to return as soon as feasible – alas Sydney to Paris is quite a long flight for a short visit.

4 Thank nick164
Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at Le Bristol. We are absolutely flattered that you were so generous with your posting. We were very touched that based on a previous visit, you would chose to return for a special milestone wedding anniversary of your parents from such a long distance as Sydney on top of it.

We so appreciated your thoughtful words regarding your experience. Delighted that you found the staff to exemplify a genuine warmth, together with Fa-Raon of course. Glad that the overall décor of the Hotel met with what you deem as exquisite and beautifully appointed while keeping an understated elegance. Epicure, our three-star Michelin restaurant has been touted even more so since its renovation, and now having a more stunning view on the garden. So pleased you were able to discover our new evening Bar which has been a big hit with not only residents of the Hotel, but Parisians. Our renovated garden terrace has also been much appreciated, so we are really happy you enjoyed your lunch at Le Jardin Français, as you say “the perfect setting”. We are so pleased that you found our newly renovated Spa by La Prairie top, in addition to the particular signature massage you experienced.

Florence Bezault did share with me where we fell short in our food and beverage menu offering, so I thank you for being so forgiving! Our food and beverage team have taken the necessary steps, and we very much thank you for your constructive feedback.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit;

Yours truly,

Boston, MA
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Le Bristol was recommended by out travel agent, but I have come to rely on Trip Advisor to confirm other recommendations that I receive. Trust what you read here about Le Bristol. If we could give the hotel 7 stars we would! The hotel is impeccably clean, beautifully decorated, with gorgeous arrangements of fresh flowers abounding everywhere. Twice a day maid service was executed perfectly...they seemed to know precisely the right time to provide service and ere as unobtrusive as possible. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but service was excellent and food and beverage quality were as well. The staff is friendly and makes it a point to introduce themselves to you if they don't know your name. The consierege that we worked with most frequently, Jean Francoise, was thorough and spot on with his recommendations. Our favorite for dinner was the Fountaine de Mars...wondeful meal. We were treated to a complimentary ride to our restaurant one evening in the hotel's complimentary car, a beautiful black Mercedes. Our room was ample with a place for everything. We also enjoyed the luxurious soaking tub and excellent shower. Our visit was to celebrate a special birthday and wedding anniversary. Le Bristol provided a wondeful surprise of champagne and delicious chocolate mousse cake with vanilla cream. Yum! We had the pleasure of meeting the hotel manager, Leah Marshall. It is clear to see she loves what she does and this infectious enthusiasm spills over to her team. You will love the hotel and your experience there!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vivvitale
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice de l'Hôtel at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Vitale,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us last month. Needless to say we were so very pleased to see that you and Mr. Brown had a memorable stay at Le Bristol. I was thrilled that you found that the staff were friendly and attentive.

Jean-Francois was so pleased that you particularly noted how much you appreciated his recommendations. Aurelie our Director of Housekeeping was also very happy that you noted the Housekeeping seamless twice a day service. The Room and Valet Attendants are always so proud when they receive such feedback.

Once again do know how important it is for us that you had a very special stay on the occasion of your wedding anniversary and special birthday!

Have a wonderful summer, and we look forward to a return visit!

LM
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at Le Bristol in Paris from June 9th-12th and again on June 15th of this month. This was by far the best overall hotel experience I've ever had (and i travel a significant amount yearly throughout the world). If you go to Paris, you must stay at this hotel! You will not regret it.

The attentiveness of the staff is incredible. The rooms are spacious. The food is a 10. The garden terrace outdoor seating area is perfect for a drink in the evening. The spa is great (got a couples massage which I highly recommend doing). The concierge is incredibly helpful in every regard (my bags got lost on my flight and they tracked them down for me)!

Special thanks to Lea Marshall (one of the hotel managers) who very helpful throughout our stay. Also, thanks to one of the other hotel managers (unfortunately I've forgotten his name) for spending 30 minutes with me at the bar and giving me a number of great recommendations for our trip!

We will certainly be back again soon (I might even book a return trip next month)!

This was my first trip to Paris and could not have been better thanks to friendliness of the staff at Le Bristol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank stephen_m_read
Dear Mr. Read,

I read with great pleasure your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in June. Thank you kindly for being so generous with your comments. That this was the best overall hotel experience that you have ever had, is by far the best compliment any passionate hotelier would want to hear!

Delighted to note that you found the staff attentive and helpful. Thank heavens our Concierge were able to track down your bags that were misplaced by the airline. That is simply the worst starting off a holiday with none of your personal effects! This point is the most important for us. Our three-star Michelin chef is very pleased that you would rate his food a 10. With Eric Frechon it is all about the guest! Glad you were also able to enjoy the garden terrace for a cocktail in the evening. Happy you were able to discover our newly renovated Spa with its double treatment rooms overlooking a garden. The Spa has been well-received by both residents as local visitors with its La Prairie products greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for the recommendation!

We look forward to seeing you maybe before end of summer?