“Hotel Le Bristol continues to set the standard to which other hotels should aspire.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Bristol Paris

Le Bristol Paris
Ranked #4 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

The rooms and suites are exquisite and the hotel’s public areas are beautifully appointed, with the understated elegance which so few Parisian premium hotels successfully achieve. All staff including Fa-raon (the resident pedigree Birman cat) have genuine warmth – with several taking the time to remember your name, Fa-raon excluded. The new addition of Le Bar du Bristol is a credit to the hotel, with excellent cocktails, superb staff, and beautiful classic yet modern surroundings. Breakfast at Epicure is without compare. Lunch at Le Jardin Français in the Garden is the perfect setting. Le Prairie Spa and its treatments are World class – the Signature 2-therapist massage highly recommended.

Having stayed at Hotel Le Bristol last year and found it to be exceptional, I chose it for the location this year to celebrate a significant milestone wedding anniversary of my parents. The hotel was particularly kind to upgrade them from the Prestige Room to a Junior Suite, place a bottle of champagne in the Suite on arrival, and have a particularly personal touch to the turn-down service. All very much appreciated.

Whilst Hotel Le Bristol sets exceptionally high standards, I appreciate sometimes that things do not always go to plan. For the purposes of a balanced review, we had a few minor issues during our stay, however Mrs Florence Bezault showed exceptional ability in managing these and taking corrective action to ensure there would not be future occurrences.

The hotel as a whole, and particularly the staff, are what sets Hotel Le Bristol apart. I wouldn’t dream of staying anywhere else in Paris, and aim to return as soon as feasible – alas Sydney to Paris is quite a long flight for a short visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank nick164
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice de l'Hôtel at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay at Le Bristol. We are absolutely flattered that you were so generous with your posting. We were very touched that based on a previous visit, you would chose to return for a special milestone wedding anniversary of your parents from such a long distance as Sydney on top of it.

We so appreciated your thoughtful words regarding your experience. Delighted that you found the staff to exemplify a genuine warmth, together with Fa-Raon of course. Glad that the overall décor of the Hotel met with what you deem as exquisite and beautifully appointed while keeping an understated elegance. Epicure, our three-star Michelin restaurant has been touted even more so since its renovation, and now having a more stunning view on the garden. So pleased you were able to discover our new evening Bar which has been a big hit with not only residents of the Hotel, but Parisians. Our renovated garden terrace has also been much appreciated, so we are really happy you enjoyed your lunch at Le Jardin Français, as you say “the perfect setting”. We are so pleased that you found our newly renovated Spa by La Prairie top, in addition to the particular signature massage you experienced.

Florence Bezault did share with me where we fell short in our food and beverage menu offering, so I thank you for being so forgiving! Our food and beverage team have taken the necessary steps, and we very much thank you for your constructive feedback.

Looking forward to seeing you on your next visit;

Yours truly,

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Le Bristol was recommended by out travel agent, but I have come to rely on Trip Advisor to confirm other recommendations that I receive. Trust what you read here about Le Bristol. If we could give the hotel 7 stars we would! The hotel is impeccably clean, beautifully decorated, with gorgeous arrangements of fresh flowers abounding everywhere. Twice a day maid service was executed perfectly...they seemed to know precisely the right time to provide service and ere as unobtrusive as possible. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, but service was excellent and food and beverage quality were as well. The staff is friendly and makes it a point to introduce themselves to you if they don't know your name. The consierege that we worked with most frequently, Jean Francoise, was thorough and spot on with his recommendations. Our favorite for dinner was the Fountaine de Mars...wondeful meal. We were treated to a complimentary ride to our restaurant one evening in the hotel's complimentary car, a beautiful black Mercedes. Our room was ample with a place for everything. We also enjoyed the luxurious soaking tub and excellent shower. Our visit was to celebrate a special birthday and wedding anniversary. Le Bristol provided a wondeful surprise of champagne and delicious chocolate mousse cake with vanilla cream. Yum! We had the pleasure of meeting the hotel manager, Leah Marshall. It is clear to see she loves what she does and this infectious enthusiasm spills over to her team. You will love the hotel and your experience there!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank vivvitale
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice de l'Hôtel at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Vitale,

Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us last month. Needless to say we were so very pleased to see that you and Mr. Brown had a memorable stay at Le Bristol. I was thrilled that you found that the staff were friendly and attentive.

Jean-Francois was so pleased that you particularly noted how much you appreciated his recommendations. Aurelie our Director of Housekeeping was also very happy that you noted the Housekeeping seamless twice a day service. The Room and Valet Attendants are always so proud when they receive such feedback.

Once again do know how important it is for us that you had a very special stay on the occasion of your wedding anniversary and special birthday!

Have a wonderful summer, and we look forward to a return visit!

LM
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

I stayed at Le Bristol in Paris from June 9th-12th and again on June 15th of this month. This was by far the best overall hotel experience I've ever had (and i travel a significant amount yearly throughout the world). If you go to Paris, you must stay at this hotel! You will not regret it.

The attentiveness of the staff is incredible. The rooms are spacious. The food is a 10. The garden terrace outdoor seating area is perfect for a drink in the evening. The spa is great (got a couples massage which I highly recommend doing). The concierge is incredibly helpful in every regard (my bags got lost on my flight and they tracked them down for me)!

Special thanks to Lea Marshall (one of the hotel managers) who very helpful throughout our stay. Also, thanks to one of the other hotel managers (unfortunately I've forgotten his name) for spending 30 minutes with me at the bar and giving me a number of great recommendations for our trip!

We will certainly be back again soon (I might even book a return trip next month)!

This was my first trip to Paris and could not have been better thanks to friendliness of the staff at Le Bristol.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank stephen_m_read
Dear Mr. Read,

I read with great pleasure your posting on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us in June. Thank you kindly for being so generous with your comments. That this was the best overall hotel experience that you have ever had, is by far the best compliment any passionate hotelier would want to hear!

Delighted to note that you found the staff attentive and helpful. Thank heavens our Concierge were able to track down your bags that were misplaced by the airline. That is simply the worst starting off a holiday with none of your personal effects! This point is the most important for us. Our three-star Michelin chef is very pleased that you would rate his food a 10. With Eric Frechon it is all about the guest! Glad you were also able to enjoy the garden terrace for a cocktail in the evening. Happy you were able to discover our newly renovated Spa with its double treatment rooms overlooking a garden. The Spa has been well-received by both residents as local visitors with its La Prairie products greatly appreciated.

Once again, thank you for the recommendation!

We look forward to seeing you maybe before end of summer?

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Amazing rooms, friendly and smiling staff and super service from arrival to check out. Fresh water, fruit and flowers in our room daily, nice turndown service and helpful concierge to recommend restaurants. The only sad part was that the beautiful garden was closed due to rain and cold weather.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank vims1
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us this past May. We were delighted that the overall experience was “fantastic”. Glad that you appreciated the guest rooms, but more so that you found the staff not only conscientious, but friendly. Happy to see that you found the Concierges helpful! Thank you for that.

Hope to have the pleasure of a return visit soon. We are hoping that the weather will be turning for the better soon, and that we have an Indian summer. We want you to enjoy the garden!

Your sincerely,

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed 5 nights at Le Bristol in April 2013. I planned the trip for her birthday (one of those that ends in a zero) so I wanted to make it unforgettable. I had not been to Paris in 40 years and this was my wife's first time. I wanted a 5 star hotel and agonized for months over the choices. I read so many hotel reviews until I was almost dazed and confused. Even after choosing Le Bristol Paris, I had some doubt. Only a few of the people I asked had even heard of Le Bristol and none of those I asked had been a guest there. Most suggested Georges V. My instinct told me to maintain the reservation. Obviously I'm glad I did.

We booked the reservation through the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts. The hotel had a fourth night free benefit which certainly helped, but even among hotels offering the same benefit, the theme that emerged about Le Bristol, and what set it apart, were descriptions about the courtesy and warmth of the staff.

We were very concerned about being accepted as American tourists who didn't speak French well. That fear dissipated with the first "welcome"and "hello" from the staff. The warmth and friendliness permeated through the entire staff. I do not recall encountering anyone who did not greet us with a smile or treat us with courtesy.

Prior to arrival we had hoped for a room upgrade. We were pleasantly surprised when we received a double upgrade to a one-bedroom suite on the 7th floor. We had a street view facing rue du Faubourg Saint-Honore with a partial Eiffel Tower view. We didn't find it noisy, even with the windows open at night. The room was tastefully decorated. The renovated bathroom was large, extremely well lit, with separate shower and bathtub, and a double sink.

The lobby and area around one of the restaurants had what I would describe as a warm and inviting quality. Elegant, but not ostentatious. The only minor negative aspect was the rather small rooftop pool.

The hotel is in easy walking distance to the Champs-Elysees and many fine stores. Even the boat tours are within walking distance. There are pharmacies practically on every block. There is also an inexpensive grocery store nearby where we bought snacks and drinks for the room.

The concierge team exceeded expectations, particularly Sonia, Dominique, Sebastein, and Fabienne. All of them were knowledgeable, patient, and didn't seem to mind my limited French. When I left my sunglasses and camera case on a tour bus, they able to locate them and picked them up from the tour bus company. The nominal charge was worth it.

It was the Hotel Manager, Leah Marshall, who truly made our Paris trip a memorable one. She allowed us to feel like celebrities, which we are not. She introduced herself to us while we were eating breakfast and we struck up a nice conversation. She was there each morning, genuinely asked about our plans for the day, and provided suggestions. I will never forget my encounter with her on our last night. I rushed into the hotel lobby after shopping in order to shower and change for dinner at one of their Michelin restaurants, 114 Faubourg. She told me that she would see us in the restaurant. I thought to myself, "Yeah right." I was shocked when we arrived and she greeted us with the restaurant staff lined up, including chef Eric Desbordes. The food was superb, but her gesture capped an already memorable trip. My wife told her that she felt like a queen. Leah told her, "That's the way it should be." Most people want to feel special. In my experience such special treatment is primarily extended to those who are well known and/or wealthy. My understanding is that a primary mission of Le Bristol Paris is to make everyone feel special.

The hotel is definitely expensive and the accommodations were outstanding, but it made me realize that there is more to a hotel stay than fancy rooms and reputation. It's the people inside who care about their guests that make a stay truly memorable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
13 Thank David T
Dear David T.,

You are so very kind for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor regarding your stay with us at Le Bristol in April. It goes without saying that what you experienced is what we would hope all our guests experience. Your wife did deserve to feel like a queen, or at least a princess!

Thank you for being so generous with your comments. I will certainly share then with all the team.
Wishing you and your wife a wonderful summer!

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Classic hotel in the finest shopping area of Paris. Check in and concierge were excellent. Recommendations for restaurants and getting around Paris were great. We checked into a junior suite and were quite disappointed with the rooms aesthetics. Decor was plain and boring. The king size bed was not particularly comfortable and you could feel the crack between the 2 single beds joined together. The view looked out onto the back of another building that was downright ugly. Swimming pool is small. Bathroom is nice and I did appreciate that the closet space and bathroom is removed from the bedroom to ensure privacy and quiet when somebody is asleep. The hotels attempts at up to date technology failed with the TV/stereo. The iPad remote linked to the TV meant that the usually simple task of changing channels was very time consuming. I would try another hotel next time.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank LindaG1970
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Hotel Manager at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your visit earlier this month.
Needless to say we were disappointed to read that you obviously were not attributed one of our completely renovated rooms. Rest assured that the majority of our guests are enchanted with the room décor, while classic, each room and suite being very different in both colour schemes and materials.
A majority of our king-size beds are in fact one mattress and box spring. You are correct in noting that if you want a king-bed, that should be what you are given, and not what you experienced.

I would invite you to contact me at your convenience in order to better understand your comments. Your point regarding the TV/stereo, and the IPad have been duly noted, and we have contacted our provider to once again see if this could have possibly been a one-off situation.

Thank you for your gracious comments about your arrival experience, and your dealing with the concierge team.

I hope to hear from you.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Love the Bristol - rooms are beautifully decorated, staff is very attentive though when arriving it can be a bit chaotic especially if it is raining or snowing!

The lounge bar is a lovely place to enjoy a drink and chat away till dawn.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank alessiaizzy
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directrice at Le Bristol Paris, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at Le Bristol last December. We are delighted that you love the Hotel, its location, and our new evening Bar that we opened last September. It has been a big hit with the locals which makes it good fun for our in-house residents!

Thank heavens it doesn’t snow often, but yes, when it does, or even when it rains, we have to anticipate well!

Hope to have the pleasure of another visit soon.