“Cocktails!”

Harry's New York Bar
Ranked #11 of 457 Nightlife in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: This old bar was a favorite hangout of F. Scott Fitzgerald and Ernest Hemingway in the 1920s.
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This bar was shipped from the US to Paris, it's got great swing doors and you could be anywhere in the world in this bar. There are two floors but it is pretty small. I think if you go late then it is really busy but as we went for a quick drink before dinner we managed to get a table. It is a cocktail bar. They serve cocktails. If you do not want a cocktail, I'd recommend going somewhere else.

The service is bad, you have to walk up to the bar to get someone's attention for the table service. The cocktails on the other hand are lovely. For a quick drink if you like cocktails I would recommend this bar but I can imagine the service only gets worse when it is busy. You do get snacks with your drinks and it was a nice place to relax before moving on. If you're in Paris, pop in for a quick drink.

All reviews
"era"
"champagne"
"louvre"

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I remember Harrys when Andy McElhone, the son of the original owner, was there and active. It was a great watering hole during those years. I have not been back since the early 1990's.'
I do not therefore know how it is today but after reading most of the recent reviews I would say that it has changed a great deal for the worse. To bring it back to its former glory I would start by firing all the staff and start with fresh and younger employees who speak English well with the intention of bringing back the good old days when it was perfect.

Don Franck
Binghamton NY

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My friend and I visited Harry's Bar around 6:30 on a Friday night - disappointing. The waiter/bartender was okay but not overly friendly. Ordered a Bloody Mary and my friend a vodka and tonic - not outstanding but the price was high. Wanted to "experience" Harry's Bar but definitely it was missing something that night. No one was downstairs in the piano bar either. Perhaps, you need to go later in the evening???

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We found Harry's and it was a pleasant change from wine and beer. The man behind the bar, Lauren's, was a mixologist not a bartender. Fun to watch. He had no personality and did not attempt conversation. However, he made an excellent drink. In the US a bartender usually talks. Anyway, a good find with lots of police patches and university pennants approximately $15 US per drink!