“The perfect paris stay”

Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel
Ranked #49 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We just returned from paris where we had two suites at the hotel. My daughter and her husband where finishing their honeymoon and we all met for two nights in Paris over Bastille Day. Our rooms were beautiful complete with fresh flowers and the best electronic and internet service of anywhere we stayed in Europe. The renovation is beautiful and the service was wonderful. Congradulations to Mr. Leon Reinartz, Front office manager and his staff on such a well run property. We would highly recommend this property to anyone going to Paris. The location is fantastic and the breakfast was wonderful. Thank you for an unforgettable say! We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Mitzi,

What a pleasure to read your positive feedbacks about your recent stay at the Prince de Galles. May I dearly thank you for taking the time to write this generous review.

I am deligthed to learn that you enjoyed a perfect stay with us and have shared your kind words to Mr Léon Reinartz and team.

We look forward to welcome you back and all our congratulations to your daughter and her husband on their honeymoon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed for 6 nights with my wife and my two daughters. The location is great. Service was perfect. The breakfast was delicious. The room was big, we had a Makassar suite. It takes care about Platinum member. Everything was perfect, except the weather (It rained for 6 days).
You can eat inside the hotel because there is a good restaurant which has one Michelin star or you can go in front of the hotel to the ecluse. It is a nice wine bar with good food and great wines.
I recommend this hotel for everybody. I had a good stay and I will come back for sure.

1  Thank Indiannaj01

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your generous words about your recent stay with us.
It is a sincere enchantement to read your feedbacks titled "Perfect Hotel".

I hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Home with this time a beautiful and memorable weather.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Perfect location and nicely renovated rooms plus comfy bed. Rooms are in decent size. Balcony is definitely a plus.

Besides the waiter and waitress at the breakfast and concierge staffs, overall needs improvement on service.

When check-in, the front desk guided me and my guest to our rooms but when we up at the floor, she realized she only brought one room key up so I had to go down again with her again. I asked her if the layout is the same for both room and she said yes. Later I found out my room has a balcony and not my guest's. I think being a luxury hotel, either the front desk or someone should offer to take our luggage up.

After house keeping, I found a towel left in the sink. My guest found a bag of garbage left on her table. I missed the afternoon refill of bottled water but they didn't replace when they do housekeeping the following morning.

I was expecting 5-star service... However, somewhat disappointed.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Urorayk
SimonRusconi, General Manager at Prince de Galles, a Luxury Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for having selected the Prince de Galles for your stay in Paris.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your experience with us especially at breakfast time and with our concierge team. However, I am sorry that you have encountered some service related issues upon check-in and from our housekeeping and can assure you that your words have been shared with our managers.

If you may have the time, I would be deligthed to learn more details about your experience. You can directly contact my assistant Mrs Rebecca Escalant at rebecca.escalant@luxurycollection.com.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I booked a room at the PDG using Starwood points as a break for my wife and I. Our twin boys were born over Christmas 2013, so we haven't had as much chance to travel as in the past and relaxation is certainly a forgotten luxury. Our reservation was upgraded to a Mosaic Suite, I would guess as a combination of SPG Gold status and my interaction via Twitter with @pdg which was an enjoyable preparation for the trip.

The first time we attempted to visit, our daughter was sick and so we had to cancel at the last minute. The hotel was good enough to move our reservation, even though I'd just missed the deadline to do so, they even kept the upgrades for us.

The rearranged date meant that not only were we celebrating our first trip since Christmas, but also a week or so from our fifth wedding anniversary.

Between the upgrade to the suite, the bottle of champagne waiting in the room, the personalised note from the Twitter team and the preparations (teddy bears, mini bathrobes, etc.) for our boys, the visit was made to feel very special and we were valued guests.

The hotel itself is wonderful, the combination of location, friendly and attentive staff and a tasteful refurbishment makes for a superb experience. The Mosaic Suite was beautiful and tastefully decorated with great amenities. There were a few minor negatives, but given the overall experience I'd feel churlish to mention them. A great experience and a hotel I hope to return to on future visits.

Dear "AlwaysNearWalls",

What a pleasure to read your feedbacks! I am sincerely grateful for the time you dedicated to write about your recent experience with us and all your interactions on Twitter.

The expressions you used such as "feel very special", "valued guests", "superb experience" means a lot to us.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
In the meanwhile we remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you may require.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Very nicely renovated to its earlier heyday. Delicately executed art deco all over. Understated luxury in the rooms and very comfortable. But the best part was the friendly and keen service in the city that cannot bring itself to be welcoming.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having selecting the Prince de Galles while in Paris!
I am happy to read your positive comments and delighted you enjoyed a "Top notch" experience with us.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance you may need for you, your family or friends.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed in the Art Deco balcony room. Nice size room for two people. There is a double built in wardrobe. The marble bathroom is a good size for two people. Separate shower/tub, but one sink. Room is nicely decorated. Amenities are good. The balcony is also generous in size, especially for Paris.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks on your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that you had made a "good choice" selecting the Hotel Prince de Galles!

I hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon in your Parisian Home.

Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

When I stayed at Starwood's Prince
de Galles several years ago I thought the worn-down property had more in common with its Westin cousins that with top Parisian hotels like the neighboring Georges V, Le Meurice, or Le Crillon. After a fabulous renovation le Prince de Galles is a wonderful alternative to other five star properties. Also wonderful was the staff who effortlessly blend friendliness, grace, and efficiency. Although the rooms are, like most older hotels in major cities, on the small side, we were given a room with a large terrace and a beautiful view of Paris. As with most Starwood hotels, the bed was great. The bathroom featured Bulgari products, and there was a Nespresso machine to start the morning with an espresso. Overall, I was left with the impression that the folks at the Prince de Galles really want every guest's stay to be the kind of special experience that makes Paris Paris.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank EricLR_13

Dear Eric,

Wow! What a pleasure to read your generous words on TripAdvisor! May I dearly thank you for having taken the time to share your excellent review that will be useful to many other guests.

I do hope having the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, meanwhile, we remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need for you, your family or friends.